Mysticstrider

How the hell would one know how to kill Blackwyrm or Terror

This game is poorly optimized as **** I don't even know how the BW or Terror works but apparently we're supposed to do 1% damage to get the drop? Now I know a lot of you are gonna be like " well there are tons of guides online including youtube" blah blah blah blah blah blah... I just want it simply put. Let me know how I can do damage to these things without stupid lag. Unreal Engine 3 isn't even designed for mmos that's why it's very poorly optimized... come on

I would appreciate anyone's guide on how to kill blackwyrm, when to evade or use backstep when blackwyrm or terror uses that big aoe which is less than half a sec to anticipate.. like how would u even know?

Okay so I know its attack pattern but I'm not getting any drops.... i'm supposed to do 1% damage to it or what? If I die and respawn will the damage reset for me? 

HYP3R10N   
10 minutes ago, Agantas said:

Here's a video on the topic of tanking blackwyrm as BM:

Dude tht video don't mean a thing like u clearly see his soloing it alone try tht with 20+ ppl and see how perfectly u can execute that for 30+mins.

Kozuki   

Ctrl+F during Terror and BW fight to turn off players and their skill effects. Be careful of players of another faction may sneak on you, though.

Turn down your graphic setting to lowest setting for a while. It's a channel-wide raid. Having pretty graphic but lagging so bad won't help you get the loot.

For BW fight, if you are a ranged class, you have better chance to survive and get the loot. Just wait for a roar done, run in DPS, and back off after 15-18s (depend on how late you are after the roar is done), run away to avoid the roar. Rinse and repeat.

If you're melee, well... good luck. Timing with your stopwatch for 20s and iframe before you can see the roar pattern appears, or you will get hit. Ping also matters too. Or, you can watch the BW moves. It always roar after 7th attack. Time for that.

No matter what class you're, you need to deal 1% of its HP to get a normal box, and 3% to get a brilliant one. The stronger your weapon, the better.

If you die too near BW or no one want to rez ya, your damage counter won't get reset if you respawn with the 4th skill, but you have about one minutes to engage the fight again before the counter reset. However, don't respawn when BW drops the chest, or you will lose it. Ask for a rez instead.

2 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Ctrl+F during Terror and BW fight to turn off players and their skill effects. Be careful of players of another faction may sneak on you, though.

Turn down your graphic setting to lowest setting for a while. It's a channel-wide raid. Having pretty graphic but lagging so bad won't help you get the loot.

For BW fight, if you are a ranged class, you have better chance to survive and get the loot. Just wait for a roar done, run in DPS, and back off after 15-18s (depend on how late you are after the roar is done), run away to avoid the roar. Rinse and repeat.

If you're melee, well... good luck. Timing with your stopwatch for 20s and iframe before you can see the roar pattern appears, or you will get hit. Ping also matters too. Or, you can watch the BW moves. It always roar after 7th attack. Time for that.

No matter what class you're, you need to deal 1% of its HP to get a normal box, and 3% to get a brilliant one. The stronger your weapon, the better.

If you die too near BW or no one want to rez ya, your damage counter won't get reset if you respawn with the 4th skill, but you have about one minutes to engage the fight again before the counter reset. However, don't respawn when BW drops the chest, or you will lose it. Ask for a rez instead.

Ya I've noticed using Ctrl+F helps out a lot so i can see what the BW is doing 

Agantas   
7 hours ago, HYP3R10N said:

Dude tht video don't mean a thing like u clearly see his soloing it alone try tht with 20+ ppl and see how perfectly u can execute that for 30+mins.

You're missing the point. Firstly, the video shows you

1. What the rotation is and how to tank that as a BM, in optimal conditions. I think he shows the beginning of it in slow motion or something, so that you can clearly see the pattern. Is there a reason for you to think that learning the Blackwyrm's attack pattern is useless? OP has clearly stated that he does not know how BW works.

2. The video gives you some setting-tweaking tips on how to deal with the lag associated with the zergfest involved in taking down BW. This should be useful if you have performance problems when facing the wyrm, right?

Yamyatos   

You need to do about 1% worth of damage to it to get loot. More for brilliant loot (2%?).

When fighting him you will have to put your game into combat optimized mode - nearly everyone does. 

The other thing you need to know is his attack pattern. When you have a tank the fight is easy. If not, you have to dodge other shit than his roar. If you got a tank the only this you have to care for is the roar.

To not get hit by the roar you can do two possible things.

1. After a roar, run in and fight. In your head count slowly to 20 (~seconds), then run out. After the roar, run in again. Iterate the numbers you count to optimize dps^^

2. He will do 2x poison cone and 2x stomp, after that count to 2 and ss and then spamm f. You will dodge his roas and roll on your feet again with f. Best way to get brilliant. 

Edit: Or well, you could just enter easy mode and play a ranged class or summoner.

Edited by Yamyatos

Kozuki   

Another lazy way if you don't want to time it yourself:

Get your smartphone. Go into a stopwatch app (I think every smartphone has this app by default). Wait for BW roaring once, press the Start button. Recommended to turn down your lighting slider to save battery.

Run away, S S or iframe when the stopwatch nearly hits 20, 40, 60... and so on.

Yeah, seriously. I time everything out and I can't get jack shit on it... This game poorly optimized that fight...
I spent about 15-20 dying, TRYING MY HARDEST to SS, Q, or ANY DODGE to not get hit by the giant AoE... Every time I try, with the timing, I CANT DO IT..! Not only that, but I was there trying to deal damage to this mother and after 100% - 0% I DID NOT GET A FREAKING DROP....

Seriously, there is barely reaction time for me to do anything, with times, and after the whole time I wasted, I didn't get a drop for the quest... I got the achievement, but no quest drop... could care less about the moonstones...

Seriously, its freaking bs, there are so many things that make this game not fun and THAT FIGHT, is definitely one of them... next to the 2389654298374569823764598 stuns they put into the game.

On 3/4/2016 at 1:47 AM, HYP3R10N said:

BW shouldnt take 30 minutes. 

10-12 tops

You want a solid piece of advice?

Roll a FM or Summoner if you want to fight Bosses like that. I am not being a dick, Ncsoft just hates melee.

I went from a Level 50 BM to a Level 50 Summoner because I was sick of getting *cricket* all in drops. Also you can get the chest with less then 400AP on any boss in SSP as well as those two classes.

3 minutes ago, FilipeKun said:

who will tank then if wole server is FM/Summ/WL only x3?, is twice better having a KFM/BM tanking instead a summ familliar

That's the point. It will come to the point where no one would want to tank and just end up running with ranged and hoping the Pets/Thralls can live up to the task.

Grimoir   

Honestly.....if i can play on a HP Elitebook with an i5 processor, 8gb ram, Intel HD graphics where i have 10-15 FPS everywhere and i still manage to get my 1% kill with a huge load of people around i am sure you can do it aswel.

20 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Honestly.....if i can play on a HP Elitebook with an i5 processor, 8gb ram, Intel HD graphics where i have 10-15 FPS everywhere and i still manage to get my 1% kill with a huge load of people around i am sure you can do it aswel.

I think it's more "Not knowing what to do" since people don't really explain. First time I done it I learned after dying around 20 times.

Basically if you are melee and below 400AP, Don't bother.

+400AP then make sure you have 45k+ HP and the Resistance Charm (Less then 1g to buy, lasts for 10 minutes. Buy 4). Tank will keep the BW facing in one direction so you stand behind him(Like a few feet so the stomp AoE doesn't hit you). You can freely hit away but make sure if you ever get aggro, either die or stop your DPS and block so the Tank can regain it.

Also regarding the Terrors. You can see their AoE so it can be avoided. If you are low on health then just move away, heal up to 100% and return to the fight. Just make sure your back isn't to the enemy or you are in a group of people when healing.

Edited by Crimsonjrjr