Want to build a KFM tank

TheHusky

I enjoy tanking a lot and iIn every MMORPG i've ever played, i picked the tanking class. Obviously, Blade and Soul is not an exception. Now i will need some help getting set up.

What is recommended Hongmoon level to start a Threat build?

Does anyone have any Threat builds set up that work for them?

What kinda soulshields should i go with to aid with my Threat build?

I hope to see some answers to this as I would love to try myself at this!

Thanks!

Here's a bare-bones build at fresh 45 - lots of self healing and i-frames while keeping searing palm up: 

https://bnstree.com/KF?build=45010020003100711110320303307034009442051100544111341063205532609310534206043

Obviously by HM lvl 5 you'll have more points to spend. Shift points around if the party you're running with needs extra CC. Change Tab from Fighting Spirit to Ice Guard if want to be extra careful during a fight. 

Soul Shields are just the standard BSH crit sets. The more damage you do the more threat you'll generate. No point in extra health builds as you can block / dodge attacks. 

2 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

Here's a bare-bones build at fresh 45 - lots of self healing and i-frames while keeping searing palm up: 

https://bnstree.com/KF?build=45010020003100711110320303307034009442051100544111341063205532609310534206043

Obviously by HM lvl 5 you'll have more points to spend. Shift points around if the party you're running with needs extra CC. Change Tab from Fighting Spirit to Ice Guard if want to be extra careful during a fight. 

Soul Shields are just the standard BSH crit sets. The more damage you do the more threat you'll generate. No point in extra health builds as you can block / dodge attacks. 

No threat building with the  build? Thought there'd be at leas one skill using that...

10 hours ago, Strindberg said:

You build threat with Guiding Fist, Counter, and Tremor. 

Derp. Excuse me, I have not seen that the first time. 

But how do you get aggro back from someone with that? Tremor will have 45 sec cooldown, and you have to... well counter for counter to take effect.

18 minutes ago, TheHusky said:

Derp. Excuse me, I have not seen that the first time. 

But how do you get aggro back from someone with that? Tremor will have 45 sec cooldown, and you have to... well counter for counter to take effect.

There is currently no hard taunt in the current kfm kit. The increased threat generation effect from Guiding Fist lasts for 15sec, and Guiding Fist itself is on a 9sec CD so it's pretty much up 100%. 

Counter provides a similar threat generation buff and you're going to be using it a lot. At end-game there are also accessories that have increased threat generation as an additional stat. 

Yes the way it is set up at the moment, the Kung Fu master tanks best by never losing aggro, not by getting it back. Especially since gap closers are poor damage dealers, once a ranged class gets aggro and starts kiting, you can just as well hand over the "tank" badge to them. Usually I get aggro back once the naughty FM is dead. XD

Tanking in this game consists of putting out maximum DPS while using Counter/Block, I-frames and dodging attacks. Essentially, not taking any damage.

There is no hard taunt like users above me have mentioned. If you don't do enough DPS while using the soft aggro build abilities (guiding fist, tremor, etc), you will lose aggro.

Not sure about the build up there...

here is mine. I'm HM5 and have tanked everything in the game. Can solo bsh4 it just takes some time.

fm with about 450 AP can sometimes pull off me. the trick is to open with guiding fist, lay down tremor crtD buff, hit fighting spirit, and unload a 14-17k comet strike every .5 seconds for the duration of fighting spirit (the HM book is needed to maximize this approach). Reapply gfist as needed.

You should focus on dps to be a tank. You'll keep aggro that way. Use Iframes and counter to reduce or minimize incoming damage. I use the new labyrinth shield; it gives normal crit but also good defensive stats and a huge amount of HP. 

424 AP, 66k HP, 53% crit, 207% critdmg. 1200 defense, 1400 evasion, 800 block.

awakened pirate gloves, everything else is awakened Siren.

ive double tanked fujin and rajin in lab6 without issue.

i went from eating tons of damage to ending boss fights in the 4 man with 100% hp. KFM is punishing if you don't know boss tells - you'll get better at it the more you do it. I was very discouraged at first.

https://bnstree.com/KF?build=450500200023007111122203033070341151100944205310054411134106321085360931053410604220031

Archived