Forums

NcSoft Stole my account and told me lies

MamaBear

Ncsoft said I broke an a EULA agreement but I had to fight 2 days to know what I did, They then told me I did account theft, I don't really understand how I can do account theft if my account is mine and I have everything to prove that this account is mine. Not only that but days before this  happend my account was hacked and my gold and the items that could be taken were taken. These are the replies I have gotten from them. Yes Ncsoft even agreed that my account was compromised so don't you think there at fault for falsely accusing me for doing nothing wrong. I had also used avast VPN and after I logged out on that day that I used that avast vpn my account was banned. So I don't think they are telling me the whole truth on everything and just want to cover there asses.

[removed]
After days of waiting not even logging in to my account So I could play warlock I get this on Feb 27th So please explain to me what Theft I'v done under the EUAL Agrement. Lucky for them I'm only Hours away from driving to there place.

[removed: see forum code of conduct]

3 minutes ago, ReiNeith said:

i cant understand your argument at all.

They said I did theft, but how can I do theft if my account is mine and I have the payment and credit card to prove that my account is mine, They banned my account under nothing. 

Just now, rexx said:

Curious as to what do you plan on accomplishing if you go there in person?

You keep saying you're lucky you're only a drive away from Austin, but what really would you accomplish there?

Instead of them hiding behind a computer they can talk to me face to face. When You are there in person it's harder for them to tell lies or come up with false crap.

Curious as to what do you plan on accomplishing if you go there in person?

You keep saying you're lucky you're only a drive away from Austin, but what really would you accomplish there?

2 minutes ago, MamaBear said:

Instead of them hiding behind a computer they can talk to me face to face. When You are there in person it's harder for them to tell lies or come up with false crap.

You say you used a VPN to connect to the game. Why would you use a VPN if you are only hours away from Austin? You don't need it to improve your ping. They sent you an email asking for answers to specific questions about where you connect from and what your ISP is. Maybe you failed to answer those questions correctly and they assumed you weren't the owner of the account.

12 minutes ago, se said:

Call your bank and do a force money restoration on all you've bought from them, at least you'll maybe get the money back. 

Might have to do that, I'v never had any problems with any other gaming corp other then this one and I'v never been banned on any other game besides this one. This would be my first ban in my life and I'm 25.

4 minutes ago, dsfate said:

You say you used a VPN to connect to the game. Why would you use a VPN if you are only hours away from Austin? You don't need it to improve your ping. They sent you an email asking for answers to specific questions about where you connect from and what your ISP is. Maybe you failed to answer those questions correctly and they assumed you weren't the owner of the account.

Because Avast recommends it to protect your computer from hackers. You don't just use a VPN for better internet. logic friend. Here is proof that I do in fact have avast and was using the VPN. http://imgur.com/3Rjay9n

1 minute ago, Emberlynia said:

They also save your Credit Card information. I sent them a Ticket and requested my credit card information be deleted from my account since so many people are being hacked without reason.

I dident know that i clicked on don't save do they still save it? I'll need to call then.

Just now, MamaBear said:

Might have to do that, I'v never had any problems with any other gaming corp other then this one and I'v never been banned on any other game besides this one. This would be my first ban in my life and I'm 25.

Because Avast recommends it to protect your computer from hackers. You don't just use a VPN for better internet. logic friend.

Some people use VPN services to connect to games in other regions because it improves their ping, including some players on this game, that was my only point. But honestly I don't see why you need to protect yourself from hackers on a video game. No one is going to get your IP through the game. Chances are you screwed yourself by using the VPN, considering your IP gets saved to your account every time you login, if it changes too drastically they can see that as someone gaining unauthorized access to it.

1 minute ago, dsfate said:

Some people use VPN services to connect to games in other regions because it improves their ping, including some players on this game, that was my only point. But honestly I don't see why you need to protect yourself from hackers on a video game. No one is going to get your IP through the game. Chances are you screwed yourself by using the VPN, considering your IP gets saved to your account every time you login, if it changes too drastically they can see that as someone gaining unauthorized access to it.

Because I want to keep my self protected while I serf the web? It's not only this game I play. I do look around on the internet my friend. Avast recommended it and I used it and I know I shouldent of and I was not the only player to be banned by a VPN but I looked threw the agreement and there is nothing  against using a VPN. Hell I even found out you are allowed to buy from an approved 3rd party gold seller by ncsoft. No Joke

NCOIN - YOU MAY OBTAIN NCOIN FROM NCSOFT (OR A THIRD PARTY AUTHORIZED BY NCSOFT) FOR USE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME OR OTHER OFFERINGS BY NCSOFT. NCOIN IS A VIRTUAL CURRENCY WHICH YOU MAY, AT NCSOFT'S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, EXCHANGE FOR ITEMS, SERVICES OR TO ACCESS OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT OR ACTIVITIES NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE WITHOUT NCOIN, AS WELL AS OPPORTUNITIES RELATED TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING. ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR TO ACCESS OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT OR ACTIVITIES OFFERED BY NCSOFT IN EXCHANGE FOR NCOIN MAY BE DISCONTINUED, MODIFIED OR REMOVED FROM THE ACCOUNT BY NCSOFT AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.  

4 minutes ago, MamaBear said:

Because I want to keep my self protected while I serf the web? It's not only this game I play. I do look around on the internet my friend. Avast recommended it and I used it and I know I shouldent of and I was not the only player to be banned by a VPN but I looked threw the agreement and there is nothing  against using a VPN. Hell I even found out you are allowed to buy from an approved 3rd party gold seller by ncsoft. No Joke

Well you say your account was hacked before it got closed for investigation. So somehow between that time and the time you got banned they determined that you were the hacker, for whatever reason. That sounds interesting about the 3rd party gold seller, where can I find it? I've had some doubts about NCSoft's integrity as a game company since I played Lineage 2, I was banned from the L2 forums for expressing some opinions on their relationship to gold sellers. If that really is true that we are allowed to buy from a gold selling company I'd like to see it.

1 minute ago, dsfate said:

Well you say your account was hacked before it got closed for investigation. So somehow between that time and the time you got banned they determined that you were the hacker, for whatever reason. That sounds interesting about the 3rd party gold seller, where can I find it? I've had some doubts about NCSoft's integrity as a game company since I played Lineage 2, I was banned from the L2 forums for expressing some opinions on their relationship to gold sellers. If that really is true that we are allowed to buy from a gold selling company I'd like to see it.

just posted it my friend.

2 minutes ago, MamaBear said:

just posted it my friend.

Oh, that's for Ncoin, not for in game currency. By third party seller they mean websites like Amazon, or stores like GameStop, Best Buy, etc. They offer the cards which can be redeemed for Ncoin.

10 minutes ago, MamaBear said:

NCOIN - YOU MAY OBTAIN NCOIN FROM NCSOFT (OR A THIRD PARTY AUTHORIZED BY NCSOFT) FOR USE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME OR OTHER OFFERINGS BY NCSOFT. NCOIN IS A VIRTUAL CURRENCY WHICH YOU MAY, AT NCSOFT'S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, EXCHANGE FOR ITEMS, SERVICES OR TO ACCESS OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT OR ACTIVITIES NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE WITHOUT NCOIN, AS WELL AS OPPORTUNITIES RELATED TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING. ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR TO ACCESS OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT OR ACTIVITIES OFFERED BY NCSOFT IN EXCHANGE FOR NCOIN MAY BE DISCONTINUED, MODIFIED OR REMOVED FROM THE ACCOUNT BY NCSOFT AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.  This is in there agreement so no joke lol

It's not gold selling, it's third party websites selling Ncoin codes that have been approved by NCsoft.

21 minutes ago, dsfate said:

Some people have to use private vpns among other security measures because of how sensitive their jobs are. You may not understand this but these said people can be employed in the national security sector for example, which means their devices they use for work carry very sensitive information at any given time and must be heavily fortified against monitoring or cyber attacks. Not everything is a bloody video game. Read up on it if you dont believe.

well here is the hongmoon stuff so I don't know I guess I can't read today.  HONGMOON COIN – ACCESS TO HONGMOON COIN IS AVAILABLE IN THE GAME AS A LIMITED LICENSE FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE IN THE GAME. YOU MAY OBTAIN HONGMOON COIN FROM NCSOFT FOR USE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME. HONGMOON COIN IS A VIRTUAL CURRENCY WHICH YOU MAY, IN NCSOFT’S REASONABLE DISCRETION, EXCHANGE FOR ITEMS, SERVICES OR ACCESS TO OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE WITHOUT HONGMOON COIN. THE OFFER OF ITEMS, SERVICES OR ACCESS TO OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT BY NCSOFT IN EXCHANGE FOR HONGMOON COIN MAY BE DISCONTINUED, MODIFIED OR REMOVED FROM THE ACCOUNT BY NCSOFT AT ANY TIME IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION.

1. NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION, DETERMINE THE AVAILABILITY OF HONGMOON COIN WITH RESPECT TO ANY ACCOUNT, THE TIME PERIOD APPLICABLE TO SUCH AVAILABILITY, AND THE AVAILABILITY AND TIME PERIOD APPLICABLE TO ANY ITEM OR OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE WITHOUT HONGMOON COIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITEM CHARACTERISTICS OR CHARACTERISTICS RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT ID SUCH AS INVENTORY SPACE, CHARACTER SLOTS, CONSUMABLES, CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATIONS, ETC.
  2. NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION, REQUIRE YOU TO PAY FOR HONGMOON COIN AND ESTABLISH THE TIMING AND FORM IN WHICH SUCH PAYMENT MUST BE MADE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CREDIT CARDS OR ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICES.
  3. IF HONGMOON COIN IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR THE GAME, EACH PORTION OF HONGMOON COIN RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY UPON TERMINATION OF SUCH ACCOUNT OR AS SUCH HONGMOON COIN IS EXCHANGED (IN THE ORDER DETERMINED IN THE REASONABLE DISCRETION OF NCSOFT) AS REQUIRED TO USE AN ITEM OR SERVICE OR TO ACCESS OTHER SPECIFIC FORMS OF CONTENT NOT OTHERWISE AVAILABLE WITHOUT HONGMOON COIN. EXCEPT FOR A LIMITED LICENSE GRANT FOR USE IN THE GAME, IN NCSOFT’S REASONABLE DISCRETION, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IN OR TO ANY HONGMOON COIN WHETHER ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE, AND NCSOFT MAY DELETE HONGMOON COIN FROM THE ACCOUNT FOR YOUR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
  4. IF HONGMOON COIN IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR THE GAME, IN QUANTITIES DETERMINED IN THE REASONABLE DISCRETION OF NCSOFT. HONGMOON COIN MAY ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN A LIMITED NUMBER OF DENOMINATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE HONGMOON COIN SERVICE.
  5. NCSOFT MAY ALSO CHOOSE, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO MAKE ANY QUANTITY OF HONGMOON COIN AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACCOUNT ON A LIMITED, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER BASIS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IN CONNECTION WITH PURCHASES OF HONGMOON COIN, ATTENDANCE AT EVENTS, VIRTUAL OR OTHERWISE, GIFTS FROM NCSOFT OR THIRD PARTIES, ETC. (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMOTIONAL HONGMOON COIN"). PURCHASED HONGMOON COIN IN ANY ACCOUNT MAY IN NCSOFT’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION BE DEDUCTED FROM SUCH ACCOUNT PRIOR TO THE DEDUCTION OF ANY PROMOTIONAL HONGMOON COIN MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR ANY ACCOUNT.
  6. NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION CHOOSE TO MAKE AVAILABLE HONGMOON COIN ONLY FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND TO LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF HONGMOON COIN – INCLUDING PROMOTIONAL HONGMOON COIN – THAT MAY BE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH AN ACCOUNT.
  7. HONGMOON COIN IS AVAILABLE ONLY AS A LIMITED LICENSE TO VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE IN THE GAME. EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE ORDINARILY RESIDENT IN GERMANY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HONGMOON COIN IS DIGITAL MATERIAL WITH NO CASH VALUE, THAT NO INTEREST IS PAID OR EARNED WITH RESPECT TO HONGMOON COIN, THAT HONGMOON COIN IS NOT PERSONAL PROPERTY, THAT THE QUANTITY OF HONGMOON COININ YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE INCREASED OR DECREASED BY NCSOFT IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION, THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO A REFUND RELATED TO HONGMOON COIN, THAT THERE IS NO RIGHT TO TRANSFER OR EXCHANGE , AND THAT NCSOFT MAY LIMIT YOUR LICENSE TO USE HONGMOON COIN WITH RESPECT TO ANY ITEM, SERVICE, CONTENT OR TIME PERIOD RELATED THERETO. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS RELATED TO HONGMOON COIN, AS DETERMINED IN THE REASONABLE DISCRETION OF NCSOFT, MAY BE APPLICABLE IF, AND WHEN, HONGMOON COIN IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU OR THEREAFTER. NCSOFT MAY RESTRICT THE AWARD OR USE OF HONGMOON COIN BASED ON YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE OR OTHER FACTORS.
  8. YOUR LICENSE TO HONGMOON COIN MAY EXPIRE IN NCSOFT’S REASONABLE DISCRETION AS SET FORTH IN ITS POLICIES. SUCH EXPIRATION MAY BE A RESULT OF TIME, ACCOUNT INACTIVITY OR OTHER SIMILAR FACTORS.

1.) They can ban your account for no reason at all, you don't own the account, although your welcome to create new ones and troll the hell out of any game company you want and repeat getting banned until they get a court order to stop you which likely doesn't happen. (What I mean is while it is your account, its on NCsoft servers and under their EULA.)

2.) Were you using a "VPN Service" or "WTFast" its possible your account shared the same IP of others "Stealing and hacking other peoples accounts" If so its important you let them know this.

3.)  Reply to their support ticket, Provide them all the security information and things in truth.

4.) Within 30 to 90 days depending on bank policy you can do a charge back, failure to provide service or deliver product as promised.

5.) Be respectful in the support ticket a thing most people don't do and that gets you nowhere.

Archived