I got banned for Ogon exploit but my friends didnt??

Koter

2 hours ago, Koter said:

How is that fair that they did the exploit a crap ton more times than I did and yet they are still able to log in and play meanwhile my account has been closed?!! That's so lame NCSOFT

Hahahahahahahahahaha... I hope ncsoft banned you permanently !!

You're worse then those bots, hackers, arena bot, afk, arena hacks, bot seller and master loot ninja

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

He did it enough times to be caught.

Kinda funny how when he gets caught, he wants to drag everyone else down with him.

Unintentional bug =/= Game mechanic.

In any case you can't just go ahead and ban people that use this mechanic prior to the announcement of it being bannable...

Just now, Aidaya said:

In any case you can't just go ahead and ban people that use this mechanic prior to the announcement of it being bannable...

Seems like you didn't read what I posted.

It doesn't have to be announced when it was obviously not intentional when you have to kill sub bosses to make the door open in the first place.

1 minute ago, Zuzu said:

Seems like you didn't read what I posted.

It doesn't have to be announced when it was obviously not intentional when you have to kill sub bosses to make the door open in the first place.

We have to agree to disagree then...

2 hours ago, Koter said:

How is that fair that they did the exploit a crap ton more times than I did and yet they are still able to log in and play meanwhile my account has been closed?!! That's so lame NCSOFT

Do you want a free 7 day BDO key? I can give you one because BnS is really not worth playing at all

7 minutes ago, Aidaya said:

We have to agree to disagree then...

Do you also run through doors without opening them irl? Why did you think they exist in the first place? Also in the ToU, that you agree everytime you log in, states you cannot abuse exploits.

1 minute ago, Hurk said:

Do you also run through doors without opening them irl? Why did you think they exist in the first place? Also in the ToU it you agree everytime you log in it states you cannot abuse exploits.

I actually do... None reads ToU...

3 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

That's their own fault then.

Already states exploiting a bug is punishable.

Well I didn't got banned cause I'm too lazy to do the blue dungeons anyways :)

I'm just stating the logical thing here, which is to ban people after the announcement (even if I do not agree with the alleged "exploit" at all)

2 hours ago, Koter said:

You are the unlucky ones who are at the front of the line? IOW, wave one of many to come.

I'm going to make a honest comment on this topic. You knew very well what you was doing was wrong and it was a exploit. I'm going to quote a hip expression from the 1960's - 1970's  "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time".  In this case you got banned so learn from your mistake and move on.

For 2 min longer dungeon u decide to use bug?! Im very happy u got banned and i hope all who ever did it will get banned also

Any1 who playing any online games know...bug using/exploiting/cheating/hacking = Ban so u cannot say u didnt know what u doing is wrong

also...im always against cheaters and i wish them banned...but rly? Why didnt urs frends get ban?! instead u are happy for them u writing post on forum abaut it...and u still calling them "frends"?

Near frends like u...who the hell need enemy?

ow men i miss days when friendship actualy ment something :/

aaaaaand now every friend tries to backstab you so they can get same pain as you,talk about friendship lmao,  if thats a case these days i am better off without them.  its like who can backstab you even more muahahahaha XD .thank god i born in 20 century,  atleast in childhood i got lot of friends and my best friend who doesnt backstab me and help me in hard times as i help them. Just shows that these days we are geting mose selfish everyday until civilization collapses

2 hours ago, Aidaya said:

Umm they announced it last week on the live stream. It was all over the forums. They re-affirmed it was banable in this weeks live stream. 

Though they really do need to work on making formal forum announcements about these things. 

Exploiting is punishable, you know that and yet you still did it countless times. You deserve it and if you truly want to redeem yourself than report your friends that did this too, its the right thing to do. We need to get rid of as many cheaters as possible.

Do not listen to the others here saying you are bad for wanting to rat your friends out. If you report them, you are actually doing the right thing as they have also did something wrong by exploiting. Report them as soon as possible.

6 hours ago, Koter said:

Did you not read what I typed? They did it way more than I did! And as we speak they are logged in and I cant sign in cause of this ban. So what am I supposed to do now???

Send a list of their in game names to support so they can join you on BAN the Vacation

6 hours ago, Lotte said:

Uninstall and play Black Desert Online.

Now that was Just plain mean......

I would not wish BDO on my worst enemy.....

LOL

4 hours ago, Aidaya said:

They give notice and you agree to it every time you log into the game.....

1. YOU WILL NOT EXPLOIT ANY BUG IN BLADE & SOUL AND YOU WILL NOT COMMUNICATE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY SUCH EXPLOITABLE BUG (BUGS THAT GRANT THE USER UNNATURAL OR UNINTENDED BENEFITS) EITHER YOU WILL NOT EXPLOIT ANY BUG IN BLADE & SOUL AND YOU WILL NOT COMMUNICATE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY SUCH EXPLOITABLE BUG (BUGS THAT GRANT THE USER UNNATURAL OR UNINTENDED BENEFITS) EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH PUBLIC POSTING, TO ANY OTHER USER OF BLADE & SOUL. BUGS SHOULD BE PROMPTLY REPORTED VIA 'SUPPORT' AT HTTP://SUPPORT.BLADEANDSOUL.COM DIRECTLY OR THROUGH PUBLIC POSTING, TO ANY OTHER USER OF BLADE & SOUL. BUGS SHOULD BE PROMPTLY REPORTED VIA 'SUPPORT' AT HTTP://SUPPORT.BLADEANDSOUL.COM

7 hours ago, Koter said:

So, you're the type to point names and name fingers.  Here's the rub though.  Think of it like speeding in your car.  Cop caught you, they didn't catch the others doing the same thing.

People seems to fail to realize that exploits isn't so black and white like they think it is. I already stated in another thread that exploit =/= cheating, those are two different things and exploiters shouldn't lumped with cheaters.

Now onto what exploit is and why it should be dealt with case to case rather than just saying all exploits are BAD. Assuming that you all follow the same definition that exploit means using game mechanics in an unintended way then  one can already tell that it couldn't be such a bad thing since discovering an exploit is like discovering a hidden technique within the boundaries of the game to allow people to gain an advantage. But oh wait that sound kind of bad right?.. yes and no (this is why I say it has to be examined case by case). I will give you guys some examples as to why that is.

Example 1: A while back in League of Legends, players found an exploit that allows you to pull people further back with Blitzcrank by using flash while the enemy  was being pulled in, almost doubling the distance they get pulled back from. This gave Blitz players a big advantage as you can effectively hook someone from halfway across the lane into your tower for easy kills. Riot Games did not ban those players for doing such exploit, in fact they even welcomed it, seeing pro players do these tricks in tourneys. There reason was it was refreshing to see players find all these unique interactions as it helps keep the game fresh. Sometime later though they did remove the exploit due to it being too OP but they did not ban anyone for using it.

Example 2: Same game and same company though I don't remember the exact details for this one, but this exploit allowed certain players to start a game with 6 fully built items. Players who abused this exploit got perma banned (or temp ban if you only abused it a few times). 

As you can see, two different exploits, one was allowed (at least for a period of time) the other one was not and thats why its not so black and white. What I didn't mention though is that Riot Games communicated properly with its playerbase as to which exploit is allowed and which is not on the forums something NCsoft really needs to learn to do.

Basically it is important to clarify what exploits are not allowed and not retro ban people for it (unless its completely gamebreaking).

For the people that say you shouldn't exploit because ToS say so, just remember that even companies themselves don't follow their own ToS sometimes when it comes to dictating what can be done and what shouldn't be.

Archived