Snarkysaurus

Account Hacked: Should You Risk Spending Money on NCSoft?

Recommended Posts

Hatsunya   
19 hours ago, eHarvey said:

So you're saying NCSoft's other game, Wildstar got breached before, but there's no way in hell BnS could be breached? And it's only the consumer's fault that NCSoft's account management system lets hackers change people's email without an email confirmation, take off Google authorization without email confirmation and bypass pin, add a 2 step verification to the account without confirming with the e-amil, and that NCSoft doesn't hold any blame?

[moderated content] I never stated that Ncsoft cannot be breached again theres no such place that cant be hacked. We share our accounts with other games. But IF and i say this with BIG IF NCsoft was hacked there would hundreds of thousands cases not just few. No hacker would bother to hack few accounts not worth of their time and this is fact.

 

Either now those who got hacked had keylogger on their computer or they just did not bother to change their password since wildstar accounts were actually hacke which means anyone can have acces to those accounts if ppl didnt bother to change passwords frequently which is solely fault of consumers or hacked players uses same loging information on 3rd party sites or other things that increases their risk.

 

Majority cases where accounts were stolen is consumers fault because they ignore security things that they need to do.

 

Yes you're right about one thing and its changing information should require email confirmations which would increase security.

 

But all these cases what we see now is purely consumers fault for ignoring basic security things or surffing / downloading 3party shit :)

 

Ill change my mind after i see hundreds of thousands accounts stolen by someone then we can say that NCsoft been hacked but till then blame yourself for being ignorant and ignoring basic things like changing password now and then or heck even ignoring the fact that NCsoft was compromised while back which automaticly means that player should change their password. Ncsoft is not changing your passwords its your job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eHarvey   
1 minute ago, Hatsunya said:

Are you stupid or what. I never stated that Ncsoft cannot be breached again theres no such place that cant be hacked. We share our accounts with other games. But IF and i say this with BIG IF NCsoft was hacked there would hundreds of thousands cases not just few. No hacker would bother to hack few accounts not worth of their time and this is fact.

 

Either now those who got hacked had keylogger on their computer or they just did not bother to change their password since wildstar accounts were actually hacke which means anyone can have acces to those accounts if ppl didnt bother to change passwords frequently which is solely fault of consumers or hacked players uses same loging information on 3rd party sites or other things that increases their risk.

 

Majority cases where accounts were stolen is consumers fault because they ignore security things that they need to do.

 

Yes you're right about one thing and its changing information should require email confirmations which would increase security.

 

But all these cases what we see now is purely consumers fault for ignoring basic security things or surffing / downloading 3party shit :)

 

Ill change my mind after i see hundreds of thousands accounts stolen by someone then we can say that NCsoft been hacked but till then blame yourself for being ignorant and ignoring basic things like changing password now and then or heck even ignoring the fact that NCsoft was compromised while back which automaticly means that player should change their password. Ncsoft is not changing your passwords its your job

Lol back to name calling? I've never played Wildstar, I don't know why you're assuming I'm just using the same password as before. So tell me, How does NCSoft determine that a bunch of people got hacked because they shared a password with another site? How do they prove this? Do they have a database of other site's password? Did they just simple look at haveibeenpwned.com and checked the emails of the hacked accounts? How can they be certain? On haveibeenpwned.com, it lists that Wildstar's account passwords were leaked, but NCSoft specifically said that passwords were not compromised. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3f1rvy/wildstar_forum_update_2/

Quote

 We can confirm that no passwords or other personal information was visible.

They said that, but haveibeenpwned said it was visible, who do we believe?

Yes, it's not NCSoft's job to change our passwords, but it is their job to have security features that would prevent it from getting hacked. In any other games, if someone got my password, they would not be able to do anything with it. Steam would stop them right away, blizzard games would stop them right away. Why was NCSoft so easy to get through? You defend them constantly like they have no fault in any of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Are you stupid or what. I never stated that Ncsoft cannot be breached again theres no such place that cant be hacked. We share our accounts with other games. But IF and i say this with BIG IF NCsoft was hacked there would hundreds of thousands cases not just few. No hacker would bother to hack few accounts not worth of their time and this is fact.

 

Either now those who got hacked had keylogger on their computer or they just did not bother to change their password since wildstar accounts were actually hacke which means anyone can have acces to those accounts if ppl didnt bother to change passwords frequently which is solely fault of consumers or hacked players uses same loging information on 3rd party sites or other things that increases their risk.

 

Majority cases where accounts were stolen is consumers fault because they ignore security things that they need to do.

 

Yes you're right about one thing and its changing information should require email confirmations which would increase security.

 

But all these cases what we see now is purely consumers fault for ignoring basic security things or surffing / downloading 3party shit :)

 

Ill change my mind after i see hundreds of thousands accounts stolen by someone then we can say that NCsoft been hacked but till then blame yourself for being ignorant and ignoring basic things like changing password now and then or heck even ignoring the fact that NCsoft was compromised while back which automaticly means that player should change their password. Ncsoft is not changing your passwords its your job

So along those same lines, it's a victim's fault for being mugged because they dared to walk down a dark street? Or it's the victims fault they got raped because they weren't carrying pepper spray?

 

The ONLY ones that are AT FAULT are the malicious entities doing the hacking and NCsoft for encouraging it by allowing their games to be swarmed with bots and gold sellers.

 

You can tell a person that it's wise to carry pepper spray and don't walk down a dark street, but DON'T YOU DARE have the audacity to blame them for being assaulted. This is no different. You make me sick defending these malicious, evil hackers and trying to blame the victims. What is wrong with you? Perhaps you are involved and part of the problem. I guess it would only be natural for a predator to defend itself and blame the prey for being too stupid to escape.

Edited by Alphashado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatsunya   
8 minutes ago, eHarvey said:

Lol back to name calling? I've never played Wildstar, I don't know why you're assuming I'm just using the same password as before. So tell me, How does NCSoft determine that a bunch of people got hacked because they shared a password with another site? How do they prove this? Do they have a database of other site's password? Did they just simple look at haveibeenpwned.com and checked the emails of the hacked accounts? How can they be certain? On haveibeenpwned.com, it lists that Wildstar's account passwords were leaked, but NCSoft specifically said that passwords were not compromised. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3f1rvy/wildstar_forum_update_2/

They said that, but haveibeenpwned said it was visible, who do we believe?

Yes, it's not NCSoft's job to change our passwords, but it is their job to have security features that would prevent it from getting hacked. In any other games, if someone got my password, they would not be able to do anything with it. Steam would stop them right away, blizzard games would stop them right away. Why was NCSoft so easy to get through? You defend them constantly like they have no fault in any of this. 

WildStar

In July 2015, the IP.Board forum for the gaming website WildStar suffered a data breach that exposed over 738k forum members' accounts. The data was being actively traded on underground forums and included email addresses, birth dates and passwords.

Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, IP addresses, Passwords, Usernames

 

This to answer your wildstar stuff.

 

10 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

You make me sick. So along those same lines, it's a victim's fault for being mugged because they dared to walk down a dark street? Or it's the victims fault they got raped because they weren't carrying pepper spray?

 

The ONLY ones that are AT FAULT are the malicious entities doing the hacking and NCsoft for encouraging it by allowing their games to be swarmed with bots and gold sellers.

 

You can tell a person that it's wise to carry pepper spray and don't walk down a dark street, but DON'T YOU DARE have the audacity to blame them for being assaulted. This is no different. You make me sick defending these malicious, evil hackers and trying to blame the victims. What is wrong with you? Perhaps you are involved and part of the problem. I guess it would only be natural for a predator to defend itself and blame the prey for being too stupid to escape.

And you made me loose my last hopes to humanity... Finaly. Seriously you're comparing raping / mugging to gaming accounts. Are you serious about this? Think about it bit before commenting.

 

Lets take more realistic point of view then. Ill leave my wallet outside (i dont forget it ill just leave it) for 10 days after that i go to look it and someone took it. Whos fault it is? Yeah sure guy who took it did something bad but at the same time because i was idiot and decided to leave my wallet there im as much as fault as that who stole it and i would have no right to complain about it.

 

You guys are blaming Ncsoft and saying NCsoft is hacked. Try to understand this before theres thousands or hundreds of thousands accounts compromised then we can talk about Ncsoft being hacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eHarvey   

Lol you ignored the rest of my post, and you didn't even bother reading the link I posted of NCSoft's announcement of their breach. NCSoft clearly states in there

"Our teams are analyzing the scope of information that might have been visible, and we believe that it is limited to email and IP addresses related to forum accounts, as well as forum content created by our users (including posts, private messages and profile information). While we cannot confirm any of this information was accessed, we felt it was important to let you know as soon as possible. We can confirm that no passwords or other personal information was visible."

Edited by eHarvey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:
WildStar

In July 2015, the IP.Board forum for the gaming website WildStar suffered a data breach that exposed over 738k forum members' accounts. The data was being actively traded on underground forums and included email addresses, birth dates and passwords.

Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, IP addresses, Passwords, Usernames

 

This to answer your wildstar stuff.

 

And you made me loose my last hopes to humanity... Finaly. Seriously you're comparing raping / mugging to gaming accounts. Are you serious about this? Think about it bit before commenting.

 

Lets take more realistic point of view then. Ill leave my wallet outside (i dont forget it ill just leave it) for 10 days after that i go to look it and someone took it. Whos fault it is? Yeah sure guy who took it did something bad but at the same time because i was idiot and decided to leave my wallet there im as much as fault as that who stole it and i would have no right to complain about it.

 

You guys are blaming Ncsoft and saying NCsoft is hacked. Try to understand this before theres thousands or hundreds of thousands accounts compromised then we can talk about Ncsoft being hacked.

Are you kidding me? You are seriously comparing hack victims to someone that left their wallet outside for 10 days?  Some of these people have lost several hundred dollars because they trusted NCsoft to supply them with a secure transaction. So you are really suggesting that not changing a password is the same thing as leaving a wallet on a sidewalk? I am done talking to you. You are clearly only interested in crime and those that perpetrate crime. Your only interest is to defend criminals. Maybe you can afford to lose several hundred or thousands of dollars, but most of the people playing games like this cannot. And for you to trivialize these hacked transactions worth such large sums of money as "not really a crime" just makes you look even worse. Welcome to my ignore list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatsunya   
11 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

Are you kidding me? You are seriously comparing hack victims to someone that left their wallet outside for 10 days?  Some of these people have lost several hundred dollars because they trusted NCsoft to supply them with a secure transaction. So you are really suggesting that not changing a password is the same thing as leaving a wallet on a sidewalk? I am done talking to you. You are clearly only interested in crime and those that perpetrate crime. Your only interest is to defend criminals. Maybe you can afford to lose several hundred or thousands of dollars, but most of the people playing games like this cannot. And for you to trivialize these hacked transactions worth such large sums of money as "not really a crime" just makes you look even worse. Welcome to my ignore list.

And you were comparing account theft to mugging and raping :D Account theft and stealing wallet is more close to each other than mugging or raping.

 

Also you say that players have lost their money no they have not yeah sure first it seems like hundreds of dollars / euros might have vanished but you can get them back. They can always get their money back but try to track who took the wallet that money is for sure lost. If someone got hacked and their credit card was charged either NCsoft directly refunds money when asked or player can simply do chargeback through bank which bank is actually bound by law to do.

So yeah only thing hacked player losses might be ingame items that they grinded / spent time if ncsoft does not return them.

 

But once again you show that theres no hope for humans. You're yet again blaming Ncsoft if account was compromised. Yes Ncsoft could easily change things around like having email confirmation if account details are changed and so on. But once again ill say this which is cold hard truth and obviously you're one of those who dont want to blame anyone else but others for own mistakes.

 

IF Ncsoft servers were hacked there would be thousands or hundreds of thousands accounts compromised now we see only very few which solely can be said consumer either had account keylogged now or in past or they screwed things themselves.

 

Also im not supporting any sort of crime. Im only stating the truth and if it hurt you then go cry yourself to sleep. Truth always hurts

Edited by Hatsunya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a lot of mmos in the past and have never been hacked.

 

BnS is the first one where i personally don't trust ncsoft to do their job or even say what really happened.

 

Also no i haven't been hacked here.

 

I have been on the forums since launch and the amount of posts i have read is insane to be honest and from what i have seen not only does ncsoft not know how to code their game (as in you hack stuff from your client and nothing in their servers counters it from what i have seen) and their security is absolutely horrible on site and ingame.

 

That with all the bugs and bots etc and their past reactions and posts to things in bns and their previous games at least tells me that someone is going to file a lawsuit against them sooner or later because of these charges worth hundreds of dollars and horrible support.

 

I still have hope mind you but at this point my hope that they either know what to do or know what they are doing is fading fast,

 

Also if someone bothered to count the exact number of people who said they were hacked in all the hacked forum posts im sure it would add up to thousands if not more and that probably only like 10% - 20% of them.

 

In my opinion Ncsoft is walking a fine line of bankruptcy and serious jail time if they really are as incompetent as i have personally seen and really need to get on the ball with this stuff before they *cricket* off the wrong person.

 

Im in the usa personally but i know eus laws for this kinda stuff decently well and i can almost guarantee they would lose a case like that just the way things are right now.

 

I shall keep hoping though ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatsunya   
2 minutes ago, ShadowRose said:

Also if someone bothered to count the exact number of people who said they were hacked in all the hacked forum posts im sure it would add up to thousands if not more and that probably only like 10% - 20% of them.

Or not. Past 3 weeks i've seen about 0-4 threads about being hacked popping everyday so that does not even reach hundreds cases yet alone thousands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hatsunya said:

And you were comparing account theft to mugging and raping :D Account theft and stealing wallet is more close to each other than mugging or raping.

 

Also you say that players have lost their money no they have not yeah sure first it seems like hundreds of dollars / euros might have vanished but you can get them back. They can always get their money back but try to track who took the wallet that money is for sure lost. If someone got hacked and their credit card was charged either NCsoft directly refunds money when asked or player can simply do chargeback through bank which bank is actually bound by law to do.

So yeah only thing hacked player losses might be ingame items that they grinded / spent time if ncsoft does not return them.

 

But once again you show that theres no hope for humans. You're yet again blaming Ncsoft if account was compromised. Yes Ncsoft could easily change things around like having email confirmation if account details are changed and so on. But once again ill say this which is cold hard truth and obviously you're one of those who dont want to blame anyone else but others for own mistakes.

 

IF Ncsoft servers were hacked there would be thousands or hundreds of thousands accounts compromised now we see only very few which solely can be said consumer either had account keylogged now or in past or they screwed things themselves.

 

Also im not supporting any sort of crime. Im only stating the truth and if it hurt you then go cry yourself to sleep. Truth always hurts

I'm not comparing raping and mugging to to account hacking. Don't be so dramatic or ridiculous. Give me a break. I'm suggesting that you blaming hacked victims for being hacked because they didn't change their password is no different than blaming a mugging victim because they weren't carrying pepper spray.

 

And yes you are supporting criminals. You have ranted and raved on and on about how it's the Victim's fault they were hacked, yet have only mentioned a few times in passing how the malicious account hackers are to blame. The closest thing to accountability you have leveraged in their direction is that they somehow "share the blame" with the victims.

 

Do you argue with the sheer amount of Bots and Gold Sellers infesting this game? Do you pretend they don't exist? Do you pretend that NCsoft really cares about their existance? The game is INFESTED with criminals and NCsoft isn't doing shit about it.

 

It's disgusting that you defend bots and gold sellers, and it's even more disgusting that you actually blame their victims. And perhaps the most disgusting thing of all is how you pretend like NCsoft shares none of the liability. They are FULLY AWARE how many criminals INFEST their game and they are doing NOTHING about it.

 

The only thing the "report spam" or "report bot" feature does is to temporarily block those players from chat and perhaps get their account banned. Maybe it also offers a false sense of security amongst the player base. But the FACT IS that there is a reason these names are jjhgbbebbr, because they are PLANNING on getting banned and it's nothing for them to simply hack another account and create more bots. It's a joke. Anyone with a brain knows it's a joke. Banning Bot accounts is about as effective as using a fly swatter on a bee hive.

Edited by Alphashado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fufia   

I play on line games around 15/20 years and i never get account hacked when i see this i just can think this is user problem not company.

But who knows maybe is ncs fault.

I bet 99% chances is your fault and 1% is NCS fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fufia said:

I play on line games around 15/20 years and i never get account hacked when i see this i just can think this is user problem not company.

But who knows maybe is ncs fault.

I bet 99% chances is your fault and 1% is NCS fault

Aaaaaand yet again someone who puts zero% of the fault on the person(s) actually committing the crime. Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avenger   

Greetings,

 

As stated by Omeed and as a reminder we strongly recommend you to:

 

  • Use a unique password for every account.
  • Do not share passwords across accounts.
  • Do not include common words, especially words like “password” or “user.”
  • Use a mixture of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.  Or use four to six words that have no relation to each other.

 

You can be sure this is monitored very carefully, and everything will be done to protect your account! Thanks to all the community who raised this important topic.

 

Regards,

Team Blade & Soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noren   

Your story is definitely well thought out, but I feel like you are omitting something from your story. If you have never used NCsoft's website other than in game and you have not been phished; there's only 2 options left. 

1) NCsoft was hack; unlikely at this junction; because if NCsoft got hacked a lot more players would be having the same issue as you.

2) You used a leveling or a piloting service; which sounds more plausible at this point. Often these PL/Pilot services tries to backstab the people that pays them by stealing their account; because they are just scumbags. 

 

When a story is too good to be true, it usually is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
4 hours ago, Alphashado said:

I'm not comparing raping and mugging to to account hacking. Don't be so dramatic or ridiculous. Give me a break. I'm suggesting that you blaming hacked victims for being hacked because they didn't change their password is no different than blaming a mugging victim because they weren't carrying pepper spray.

 

And yes you are supporting criminals. You have ranted and raved on and on about how it's the Victim's fault they were hacked, yet have only mentioned a few times in passing how the malicious account hackers are to blame. The closest thing to accountability you have leveraged in their direction is that they somehow "share the blame" with the victims.

 

Do you argue with the sheer amount of Bots and Gold Sellers infesting this game? Do you pretend they don't exist? Do you pretend that NCsoft really cares about their existance? The game is INFESTED with criminals and NCsoft isn't doing shit about it.

 

It's disgusting that you defend bots and gold sellers, and it's even more disgusting that you actually blame their victims. And perhaps the most disgusting thing of all is how you pretend like NCsoft shares none of the liability. They are FULLY AWARE how many criminals INFEST their game and they are doing NOTHING about it.

 

The only thing the "report spam" or "report bot" feature does is to temporarily block those players from chat and perhaps get their account banned. Maybe it also offers a false sense of security amongst the player base. But the FACT IS that there is a reason these names are jjhgbbebbr, because they are PLANNING on getting banned and it's nothing for them to simply hack another account and create more bots. It's a joke. Anyone with a brain knows it's a joke. Banning Bot accounts is about as effective as using a fly swatter on a bee hive.

You are very uneducated on the topic, sorry but that's the truth.

 

Hacking and people gaining account access to individual accounts are two completely different things.

 

Hacking would mean NCsoft has failed with their security protocols.

 

Accounts being compromised is unfortunately, the victims fault, its just that simple. NCsoft can simply not be held accountable for peoples actions outside the client that enables other parties to gain access to their accounts.

 

If said parties were brute force attacking their way in through a 256bit encryption, then yes, NCsoft would be accountable for this. Do some research on 256bit encryption, then you will understand how hard it really is and you will learn that what you are saying is not even remotely possible.

 

 

Edited by Taemek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taemek said:

You are very uneducated on the topic, sorry but that's the truth.

 

Hacking and people gaining account access to individual accounts are two completely different things.

 

Hacking would mean NCsoft has failed with their security protocols.

 

Accounts being compromised is unfortunately, the victims fault, its just that simple. NCsoft can simply not be held accountable for peoples actions outside the client that enables other parties to gain access to their accounts.

 

If said parties were brute force attacking their way in through a 256bit encryption, then yes, NCsoft would be accountable for this. Do some research on 256bit encryption, then you will understand how hard it really is and you will learn that what you are saying is not even remotely possible.

 

 

Malicious entities that knowingly and willingly enter someone else's account information in order to acquire/steal their game accounts, or even worse, their bank accounts is a CRIME and it's CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. Theft is a CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. There is NO EXCUSE for malicious criminal activity. NCsoft is well aware of this criminal activity. Doing NOTHING about the bots/gold sellers in this game is just as bad as endorsing the theft.

 

I couldn't agree more that going to a 3rd party gold seller or power leveling site is the worst thing you could do in order to compromise your account, but it doesn't change the fact that NOBODY is talking about who the CRIMINALS are. Everyone is pointing fingers at the victims and telling them they should have known better and it's disgusting.

 

Regardless what type of security measures people are or are not taking, the simple FACT is that account hacking would not be RAMPANT in this game if NScoft got rid of the bots and gold sellers. Go take a look at ESO for example. Go to their forum and look for "my account was hacked" threads. Know what? They are hard to find because it doesn't happen very often. Know why? Because Zenimax took EVERY MEASURE THEY COULD in order to eradicate bots and gold sellers from the game. They were everywhere at launch and they are basically non-existant now.

 

I don't care what kind of spin you want to put on it. The CRIMINAL outfits are encouraged and supported by NCsoft's lack of effort. This game is a friggin gold seller's wet dream. Stop blaming the victims and blame the friggin CRIMINALS for a change. Man I can't even believe what I am reading here. Since when did we start siding with thugs and thieves? "oh it's the victim's fault". My god man. What is society coming to when we blame robbery victims for not having an alarm system instead of blaming the thieves for going into the house and stealing everything? Makes me sick.

Edited by Alphashado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
Just now, Alphashado said:

Malicious entities that knowingly and willingly enter someone else's account information in order to acquire/steal their game accounts, or even worse, their bank accounts is a CRIME and it's CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. Theft is a CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. There is NO EXCUSE for malicious criminal activity. NCsoft is well aware of this criminal activity. Doing NOTHING about the bots/gold sellers in this game is just as bad as endorsing the theft.

 

I couldn't agree more that going to a 3rd party gold seller or power leveling site is the worst thing you could do in order to compromise your account, but it doesn't change the fact that NOBODY is talking about who the CRIMINALS are. Everyone is pointing fingers at the victims and telling them they should have known better and it's disgusting.

 

Regardless what type of security measures people are or are not taking, the simple FACT is that account hacking would not be RAMPANT in this game if NScoft got rid of the bots and gold sellers. Go take a look at ESO for example. Go to their forum and look for "my account was hacked" threads. Know what? They are hard to find because it doesn't happen very often. Know why? Because Zenimax took EVERY MEASURE THEY COULD in order to eradicate bots and gold sellers from the game. They were everywhere at launch and they are basically non-existant now.

 

I don't care what kind of spin you want to put on it. The CRIMINAL outfits are encouraged and supported by NCsoft's lack of effort. This game is a friggin gold seller's wet dream. Stop blaming the victims and blame the friggin CRIMINALS for a change. Man I can't even believe what I am reading here.

Yes its a crime to steal.

 

Is it NCsofts fault people participate in illegal operations, then cry wolf when caught out? No, its not.

 

It's sad, and very unfortunate, but sometimes people have to learn lessons the hard way and when they do its human nature to blame everything else around you rather then taking responsibility when it comes to being accountable for your own actions and the internet is a very unforgiving hard lesson learnt when you get burnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Yes its a crime to steal.

 

Is it NCsofts fault people participate in illegal operations, then cry wolf when caught out? No, its not.

 

It's sad, and very unfortunate, but sometimes people have to learn lessons the hard way and when they do its human nature to blame everything else around you rather then taking responsibility when it comes to being accountable for your own actions and the internet is a very unforgiving hard lesson learnt when you get burnt.

So a robbery victim should be "held accountable for their actions" because they didn't have bars on their windows? It's their fault they got robbed because they didn't have a security system?

 

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and it's doing nothing but justifying all this malicious shit going on. Has it really gotten to the point that crime victims "should have known better" and just "got what they deserved"? Really?

 

"Very sorry this happened to you. Please educate yourself on the dangers of internet transactions in order to prevent criminal thugs from stealing your account info". Is WAY better than "Sucks to be you. It's your fault".

 

These people are victims and deserve to be treated as such. Sick and tired of modern society blaming victims instead of the criminals.

 

Yes the internet is a harsh place, but so are dark alleys. Assaulting someone in a dark alley is still a crime, and it's NOT the victim's fault because they decided to walk down a dark alley. Foolish, maybe. At fault? Give me a break.

Edited by Alphashado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
6 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

So a robbery victim should be "held accountable for their actions" because they didn't have bars on their windows? It's their fault they got robbed because they didn't have a security system?

 

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and it's doing nothing but justifying all this malicious shit going on. Has it really gotten to the point that crime victims "should have known better" and just "got what they deserved"? Really?

 

"Very sorry this happened to you. Please educate yourself on the dangers of internet transactions in order to prevent criminal thugs from stealing your account info". Is WAY better than "Sucks to be you. It's your fault".

 

These people are victims and deserve to be treated as such. Sick and tired of modern society blaming victims instead of the criminals.

 

Yes the internet is a harsh place, but so are dark alleys. Assaulting someone in a dark alley is still a crime, and it's NOT the victim's fault because they decided to walk down a dark alley. Foolish, maybe. At fault? Give me a break.

If you leave the door unlocked and the robber walks right in, then yes, they are partially to blame.

 

Children are taught in school from a young age now about cyber crime, there is no playing dumb any more.

 

Edited by Taemek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shirou   
On 2016/3/4 at 5:06 AM, Vyzardo said:

First time I've heard anyone got hacked in this game. Seems to be a problem on your end. Why blame them for something they have no power over? 

You must be new around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Taemek said:

If you leave the door unlocked and the robber walks right in, then yes, they are partially to blame.

 

Children are taught in school from a young age now about cyber crime, there is no playing dumb any more.

 

The Court of law sees it differently. If you enter a place of residence other than your own without permission and especially with the intent to do harm or steal, you are breaking the law and will be held accountable. Doesn't matter if the door is locked or not. The notion that you are free to plunder any establishment with an open door is ridiculous. It is the thought process of a career criminal. You are stealing regardless if the door is unlocked. Period. End of story. At least that's the way it is in the USA. Perhaps in Asia people are allowed to steal if the door is unlocked. Maybe that explains this insane sense of entitlement I am seeing from thief and hacker defenders.

 

Go try to spin your logic on a judge in the USA and see how far it gets ya.

 

 

Edited by Alphashado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
17 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

The Court of law sees it differently. If you enter a place of residence other than your own without permission and especially with the intent to do harm or steal, you are breaking the law and will be held accountable. Doesn't matter if the door is locked or not. The notion that you are free to plunder any establishment with an open door is ridiculous. It is the thought process of a career criminal. You are stealing regardless if the door is unlocked. Period. End of story.

 

Go try to spin your logic on a judge and see how far it gets ya.

 

Unreal.

No, the insurance company would hold the title holder of the property at fault if the investigation proved they left the door unlocked, and there would be no insurance claim due to it being the holders fault.

 

A court of law can only punish the person if they are caught. If no one is caught, then what? The insurance company has proven they don't have to reimburse or pay the person out due to them being at fault for the break in in the first place and no one gets put on trial, so the only person who loses out is the victim.

 

Now that we have that little analogy cleared up, lets get back on point with the topic, you are assuming that NCsoft in this instance should be the insurance company and any wrong doings done to the victims caused by their own actions should be covered by NCsoft. NCsoft does not have to pay anyone, anything unless a court of law finds them guilty at failing to provide adequate security to prevent credit information theft. In this case, the individual is the one who have allowed someone access to their system outside of the control of NCsoft, therefor, they don't legally have to do anything.

 

The only thing NCsoft are obliged to do, is have a moral obligation to *warn* people how to make their accounts more secure and suggest that people don't use 3rd party websites, which is what they have done.

 

You can keep trying to point the finger at NCsoft all you like, the people who have been compromised know who is to blame and all these threads are, are last ditch efforts to try and make themselves look like a genuine victim to get what they lost back, in which case, NCsoft doesn't even have to restore their accounts itemization wise, but I am sure they still will as a duty of care for peoples mental state. The money theft side of things has to be raised with their financial companies and guess what, again, unless they are insured with their financial companies for cyber theft, they will be simply, shit out of luck.

 

The flip side of the coin is, there is also people employed to rubbish companies that are generating success and when big success comes quick, it is easy to create panic and tension, just like your mental state is right now, from reading a few threads from people with 1 post and their first post just happen being a "omg I been hacked!!!" thread. One thing to point out. Notice that in every one of these threads, the OP never reports back OR replies? Hmmm, something a tad odd there.

Edited by Taemek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people like you others who have account banned are stupid people buy Ncoins trough of others web instead use the official website of NCSOFT purchase official sites bots pass the chat are web fackes steal accounts have worth NCSOFT already warned iso you be careful with that coz want then leave hacked by onths sites: entering your pass data rest good time account banned in future next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kichi   

when u change pass from the site do u need to go to email to confirmed it? Or do something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now