Crafting Feels Awful In This Game

LordEvil

On 04/03/2016 at 9:29 PM, Deferis said:

The current state of crafting system is terrible. But the Korean one is working well, isn´t it? Where the hell is the problem than? Why don´t developers, who are creating NA/EU version of the game, don´t prepossess by their colleagues from Korea? Correct me if I´m wrong, but aren´t Korean and EU/NA versions the same ones just with different languages? 

I hope they will work on it in next patch. Bcs the only two professions that are worth of beeing doing is something awful. And with the fact that you can buy crafted items way more cheaper than their individual components as was mentioned above it the biggest ingame economy joke I ´ve ever seen. 

Well ive no clue regarding the Korean bcoz i never played there maybe some 1 who plays there can give us little info about it.

Now if the craft system in NA/EU is differente from Korea etc yet again makes noncense then thats another fail.

All i know is ill say again never saw a crafting system like this before, this is a new whole level of: How Not To Do Craft System In Game.

I think that there are many underwhelming jobs here, since a lot of things can be bought from NPCs, and crafting them are way more expensive.

Something I think that it should be done for all jobs to prosper:

-Remove the General Merchant with their unlimited supply of Repair Tools, Unsealing Charm... Or, at least, double or triple the price of their wares, so that players can actually somehow generate profits from these consumable items by selling their goods cheaper. Let the economy is driven more by the players

-Make player-crafted items somehow have better benefits compared to what is sold at NPCs, so it would be more meaningful to craft them. For example, a healing pot from NPC only recovers 30% HP, while a crafted one gives 40%, has faster healing rate, or provide a HP shield, etc.

-Allow crafting to have some use in creating outfit. For example, I can make perfume from Silver Cauldron and Herbalist, gather pretty shells with Fishing,  create dye with Merry Potter... which are used to create an outfit/outfit box through Transmute System.

-Allow crafting has more related to Dungeon loot, instead of giving that role to a NPC. If you want to craft a Moonwater Soul, let a Soul Warden do it instead of exchange it boringly at the NPC with your materials.

-Allow more kind of crafting recipes to collect, and open a crafting-on-demand system on the marketplace, where players with recipes but without materials can offer to make things for players without recipe but with materials, for a fee (plus tax). Similar to Warsmith's crafting shop in Lineage 2.

Some items can be bought for cheaper vs. crafting cause they are easily obtainable thru dailies and boxes

Esp. since everyone is speed leveling their WL's, there is a huge supply of certain items like jars and pickaxes.

But yeah, i agree this crafting system is annoying as heck--I used to craft my own pickaxes and then later on I realized the sap is worth more than the pickaxe it self.. 

/quits crafting

I don't find crafting to be beneficial XD unless if u make the 10k up pots for sale then u make a minor profit, u get a random amount which is stupid.... especially since it makes 5-10.... like wtf is up with that double pot creation lol

Honestly where did u even get the extra liquid from? For 5 more pots like hahaha, anyhow, they sell for 1g to 1g20s depending on the time and 3 tear cost 3g 9 soulstone costs around 2g then a premium bowl around 2g50 hence costs about 8g to craft n sell XD unless if u get the mats urself it's kinda pointless, since most likely giving u 8 pots average it's like sigh 

Then u have the forge keeper making repair tools, costs a few coppers to make 2 in half hour...  sells for 2s in total... so I'm half hour to make 1s70... like orz this is so stupid hahaha 

Edit: special maths calculation:  it costs 18g to upgrade accessory from infernal to siren ignoring the cost of mats hence u need 1800s/1.7s OK u need more than 1k crafts.... less say 1k .. times 0.5 hours wow in 500 hours u will have made enough profit to actually upgrade your accessory or weapon, if u have all the mats already, which costs even more XD 

So in total about nearly 3months ur crafting guild will make enough profit for u to upgrade one of equipment to awakened siren :X 

3months? I think by that stage I would've quited if I still only had true profane staff or w.e lmfao

Gonna preface this by saying the only other mmo I've played is runescape.

So anyway, the crafting system in this game isn't nearly as bad as you guys are making it out to be. Sure it takes a while, but it's not like you have to sit there doing nothing while you wait for it.

As for losing money, runescape is even worse. No one will ever be able to gain money from crafting in that game because the experience you get from crafting it is more valuable than the item. The only reason the price of things like weapons and armor don't drop to 0 is because of the spell high alchemy. So nothing will ever drop below its high alchemy price+the cost of a nature rune because then you'd actually be able to make money while training your magic. 

• 1 month later...

Every single element of the crafting system is utterly revolting.

1) Having to pay in game money to acquire the basic crafting resources and then having to pay money to turn those into tertiary, secondary and then primary crafting items.

a) Having to pay way more money to use your crafting/gathering skills when you aren't in a major town even though there should be absolutely no difference between being in the field where you are actually playing the game verse sitting on your ass in town not playing the game.

2) Forced dependency. Crafting should be about INDEPENDENCE so you should be able to craft everything you need for your crafting profession BY YOURSELF and each crafting profession should be complete in and of itself.

3) Broken Radiant Ring. According to the description I'm supposed to be able to make jewelry but I can't.

4) Soul Stone requirement for level 3+ crafting recipies.

5) Long ass timers in the command table which only get longer as I need more items.

6) My character doesn't actually do any crafting, it is just hiring npcs which if you think about it is utterly ridiculous. If the npcs are the ones doing the crafting anyways, then these are not professions, these are just different ways of buying items that the npcs should already offer without having to go through the motions of arranging their production via the command tables. Let's focus on making worlds that seem to be alive, part of which requires that the npcs actually do something more than stand in the same place with their thumbs up their asses year on year.

7) Sharp difference in utility between each of the crafting professions. What is the point of the weapon making profession during the Viridian and Cerulean portions of the game?

8) Huge resource imbalance. The quartz nodes were few and far between and because each node had such a ridiculously long respawn timer, I would go days without being able to find any harvestable quartz. All of the resources used by the crafting professions should have been findable in the world, be on short respawn timers, and be densely populated.

I was making a decent profit selling moonwater transformation stones, like 8-9g per 10 stones, while buying all the materials for them until last week when suddenly all the materials for them dropped quite drastically in price. Soulstones were around 33s then dropped to 21s right now. Moonwater tears also dropped quite a bit down to 15s.  I barely make 1g now when buying all materials and crafting after I did the math. I'm still going to keep doing this in hopes that prices for things will rise, but the onset of the insane amounts of bots I've been encountering the past few days is making the materials cost way less I assume. Also, the morons that undercut by an insane amount are driving the prices down to make things unprofitable and it really bothers me that people are that stupid. The time sink to do anything is becoming very borderline not worth it to even play the game.

In the off chance that I do decide to farm materials, it's usually soulstones and I'm forced to do poorly designed PvP content that should be PvE content. Seriously, it's a joke. Most smart players of the other faction I encounter don't even bother to fight me in Misty Woods or the beach because we both know we're both just doing the dailies to get soulstones as easily as possible. And SSP is incredibly melee unfriendly which results in a waste of my time because I'm not doing enough damage to earn enough prestige to buy pouches or get the quests finished. The mining phase is 30 minutes too long.

Some stuff I want to point out and also possibly reiterate:

• Make more than the Soul Wardens and Merry Potters more useful in game. How? I'm not sure. Maybe other guilds' stuff should be included in upgrading weapons and accessories such as the Forge Keepers (this is a no brainer for weapons) and the Radiant Ring (this is a no brainer for accessories).
  • If crafting wasn't supposed to be so big in the game, why make transformation stones necessary for pretty much every upgrade for weapons and accessories?
  • If crafting wasn't supposed to be so big in the game, why bother even having crafting?
  • Is crafting not supposed to be a big deal because we're all supposed to be doing PvP which ups all your stats anyways so there's no real point upgrading weapons and accessories? I want to do PvE and PvE only because PvP is incredibly broken and unbalanced.

My rant is now finished.

I think that gathering and crafting has a good thing and bad things. Ill start with the good one, basically is that you dont have to go farming all the material for gathering. I see it like a good thing because you dont need to dedicate time for farming the gathering materials. I think thats why I like this game, others MMO for crafting you need too spend like 2-3h gathering materials for upgrading your profesions and making items, here all u need to do is pay some money and wait and meanwhile you can go farm dungeons, do faction, PvP...

The bad ones... pretty little to say about them cause you just talk about them... Just to say... 100 soulstones for crafting moonwater transformation stones seems nuts for me... Im doing only misty woods cause i dont have good gears yet and i cant ssp so i only can gather 17 soulstones per day... for me its more worth to buy MTS from the market than crafting them. Another thing that drives me out is that only soul wardens and merry potters are useful cause neither forgekeepers or radiant ring have to craft any items for upgrading the gears and i think that is not the way to follow... Just to make the decision for chosing the guilds more interesting this two guilds might have some element (accesories, weapons or simply some material) that is totally necessary for upgrading gears... i only see necesary right now for upgrading soulstones, MTS and drops of dungeons... this doesn't seem right to me.

OCDCRAFTER... I took that handle after reading advertizement that B&S took crafting to new heights. Disappointmernt? Or Lie... Jury is out (unless you read comments). Supposedly it allowed crafters to make things better than the best(lvl 50 stuff, right?) Materials are hard to get. Bots undercut market. The company devs only allow 10 market slots to support so some mats are in 100lots.. or 1000 lots. Market doesn't allow ppl to break bundles for craft needs. If you go after craft needs in the field you will eventually have to drop a craft to craft the other stuff you need. OTHER CRAFT DROPS TO "0". amounts to a penalty for crafting.. forget the hours wasted. Storage is always inadequated.. unless you break stuff down which implies crafting.. back to "0". Unless you market.. but marketing isn't supported past 10/day.. hence big bundles in market= penaties against crafting & even looting for that matter. Got to agree ... the system need adjustment.. increased storage/bundle breaking rights/market sales allowance.. with the exception of spammers.. the only ones happy with the devs... sorry I get blocked for blocking them (over my limit).. I like the game. I like crafting.

On 2016-03-03 at 11:06 AM, Nilkemios said:

The only crafts with that seem worth the trouble are Merry Potters and Soul Wardens, and Green Thumbs/Tree Fellers being used to make their stuff. Beyond that, everything else is either useless for anything good without the refiners from Merry Potters, or takes too long.

I have this one everyone of my toons The reason being is other crafting guild provide useless things other than the one that makes the potion (You need that to unlock hoongmoon skills)  Even than it cost too much to lvl merry potters Soul Wardens. It requires souldstones to level and the stuff you make hardly gets any gold till you are at max level. I just buy what I need in the marketplace since once you pass certain level in the game you no longer need them anyways. Is much cheaper to not level your profession.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, LordEvil said:

Well ive no clue regarding the Korean bcoz i never played there maybe some 1 who plays there can give us little info about it.

Now if the craft system in NA/EU is differente from Korea etc yet again makes noncense then thats another fail.

All i know is ill say again never saw a crafting system like this before, this is a new whole level of: How Not To Do Craft System In Game.

Someone give this man an applause!! I laughed for like an hour!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about crafting and gathering time. Some of these times to make or get these items is extremely long 20+ hours for high end items is rather...insane. Is there a way, skill wise or skill rank, to lower these times? Or that's it no way to improve on them.

Archived