Crafting Feels Awful In This Game

LordEvil

I feel like they put almost no thought into crafting, looks like Devs have no clue about crafting system.

Most of the gathered items are also selling on the market for less than the cost to order them!!!

Stupidly long  ass craft time E.G: (12+ hours to make one craft?) & goes upto 24hrs.

Anyway here 1 exemple of many:

CXSQO5P.jpg

Now lets see how actualy cost just to make 1:

2ZGqlO6.jpg

As u can see cost to craft just 1: 13 Silver + 3 Soulstones (around 28 silver each) + White Cedar Sap (around 22 Silver) + 12hrs for just 1 total costs is aprox = +1g each

Like i said above there is alot more like this, i just do not want to make big ass post.

Im not saying crafting is to make massives profits etc but common this is simple the worse ive seen in a game.

Devs should make Revamp in the crafting system because this sucks big balls.

Almost no point crafting in this game not worth the time etc.

Ill say again this is 1 exemple of many others.

Just my 2 cents :)

P>S: I know in this particular exemple of Moonwater Jar players can get it in some quests.

There are only a few crafts worth doing long periods *cough* soulwardens *cough*. A few are good now when there is still a high demand for certain things and some are just ... pointless at best. Crafting in this game could use a MAJOR overhaul. To the point atleast every craft has a use and a equal chance to earn money. 

The only crafts with that seem worth the trouble are Merry Potters and Soul Wardens, and Green Thumbs/Tree Fellers being used to make their stuff. Beyond that, everything else is either useless for anything good without the refiners from Merry Potters, or takes too long.

worst craft system ever. it's not even crafting actually. hahahaha, thanks for the laugh. the wait time? i don't even wanna talk about it. the fact that you need crafted items from another profession to craft something you want? i don't even wanna talk about this either. system needs complete revamp from scratch and make it real crafting. this is not crafting at all. if i'm going to order the item anyway, why the hell should i gather the mats?

The fact that if you desire the "Craftsman" or "Legendary Artisan" titles, requires you to completely level those guilds, then drop each one to continue on to the next guild, all the while you lose all of your progression and have to start from scratch again if you later decide to go back to another guild you have already leveled out.  Sigh :(

They may as well have not bothered making a crafting system. Most shallow and pointless crafting I've ever seen in an MMORPG. Basically everything besides the combat and arena is bland and awful. 

Indeed as u all said sucks the crafting in B&S.

I actualy forgot to say that in first post but yeah even having NPC's selling things we can craft its nonsence. Wuts point crafting things when there is NPC's selling it!!!

Then some items can be obtain by players in some quests. Other games players usually cant sell those items when the item is in craft system.

Plus some craft recipies are bugged apparently too such as Radiant Ring for exemple etc

I agree with u guys too, the crafting system should get major overhaul top to bottom.

I pretty much stopped crafting. I was making a little bit of coin with Merry Potters (around 15g every 12h, which isn't so bad) but after the patch Moonwater Tears went up to almost 1g each and the bulks of 5 premium refiners dropped 4g, so there really isn't much profit anymore. I don't feel like soloing stuff to get the Tears (because I pretty much end up with my own real life tears when I dc halfway through) and if I try to find a party for those dungeons at least 2 members will be bots, 2 others will leave the party and if I happen to find a bot-free squad, someone else will bid for the Tears or like I said I'll probably DC before we get the kill. So yeah, crafting is indeed awful and it's just like I read on a different thread where someone said that it's as if the devs want every main character to be a Merry Potter. There's no diversity, the market needs to be on constant watch otherwise you'll end up losing money and time. No diversity and insane undercutting, it feels as if it's done on purpose (having only 2 profitable guilds in the game) so you make no money at all from that and eventually somehow end up spending IRL money for your in-game needs. And don't get me started on the auction fees...

Today I just got on to check on the market again and I was disappointed and I seriously do not see how people sell their stuff at a way cheaper price while the price for some mats needed to make it doubles... >.>

The current state of crafting system is terrible. But the Korean one is working well, isn´t it? Where the hell is the problem than? Why don´t developers, who are creating NA/EU version of the game, don´t prepossess by their colleagues from Korea? Correct me if I´m wrong, but aren´t Korean and EU/NA versions the same ones just with different languages? 

I hope they will work on it in next patch. Bcs the only two professions that are worth of beeing doing is something awful. And with the fact that you can buy crafted items way more cheaper than their individual components as was mentioned above it the biggest ingame economy joke I ´ve ever seen. 

Yea, I don't find much of a point in crafting in this game right now but I'm to bothered by it since I never been much of a craftier anyway in MMOs.  Still would be nice to see some changes to it for all the folks who do enjoy crafting in MMOs though.  

I like the crafting system. In fact it's the first game i'm interrested in crafting at all. It's not annoying, and contrary to most games it actually has some use..

What i agree with is that there shouldnt be professions that are completely useless... like everything but merry potters, soulwarden, rings and maybe a few others.

Its the worse thing I've seen and should not be called crafting since you don't actually do anything

its not complete either, the only thing I normally do is make repair tools

Good old games had crating systems where you actually manually made things with chances of

rare or extra things and gears with random stats, The random stats made the game so much more enjoyable

Blade & Soul's crafting system is essentially a standup comedy routine.

Literally, just walk onto the stage like...

"So... crafting in Blade & Soul..."

<Audience laughter>

"Let me tell you about these moonwater jars..."

<Audience laughter, some groans>

"And then I said to the Dragon Trade Union shorty, get it, cause half of them are Lyns... if you don't stop selling unsealing charms for 10 s, 25 c, we're gonna have to talk..."

<Uproarious audience laughter>

"Thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful audience!  Have a great night everyone!  Or at least you'll have a great night as long as you stay away from Blade & Soul crafting!"

<Audience laughter>

11 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Blade & Soul's crafting system is essentially a standup comedy routine.

Literally, just walk onto the stage like...

"So... crafting in Blade & Soul..."

<Audience laughter>

"Let me tell you about these moonwater jars..."

<Audience laughter, some groans>

"And then I said to the Dragon Trade Union shorty, get it, cause half of them are Lyns... if you don't stop selling unsealing charms for 10 s, 25 c, we're gonna have to talk..."

<Uproarious audience laughter>

"Thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful audience!  Have a great night everyone!  Or at least you'll have a great night as long as you stay away from Blade & Soul crafting!"

<Audience laughter>

Man LMAO

12 hours ago, DRGoodfellow said:

Its the worse thing I've seen and should not be called crafting since you don't actually do anything

its not complete either, the only thing I normally do is make repair tools

Good old games had crating systems where you actually manually made things with chances of

rare or extra things and gears with random stats, The random stats made the game so much more enjoyable

Indeed but i think instead we go forward we are going backwards in games.

15 hours ago, Nickilli said:

yes crafting in this game is a joke the fact that NPCs sell some things we can craft at a much lower price point then they can be made makes crafting pointless Unless you are a bot farmer.

Yeah makes nonsence and pointless crafting some things.

IMHO they should remove those NPC's and some quests items should not be able to sell either.

I figured out the crafting in this game was trash the moment when I found out all crafting is tied to Merry Potters. This and this alone makes crafting trash. One the live stream they said crafting wasn't suppose to be a focus of the game. Kind of a stupid thing to say, when you can only get Moonwater Transformation Stones from crafting.

To improve crafting, as I have said in other posts about it. 

Remove the reliance on Merry Potters that all crafting has. Leaving it only for the ones that make sense. Soulwardens, refiners for the Trans stones,  Aquired Taste, need the bowls. Earthseer's, refiners for Unsealing Charms. Radiant Ring, Forgekeepers, and Silver Cauldron should not be tied to Merry Potters in any way.

considering one thing ... there are some extremely hard to wear costumes 

they are crafting guild costumes

you need 

- 20 items that your guild can craft

- 20 items from one of ... nothing related crafting guild

and no , those stuff cant trade , mail between char only

- 20 fabric (from salvaging outfits) tradeable

- 40 mirage crystal that you get from last game dungeons

and r4 guild 

wearing one of them and people can tell how many free time you had to spent to those stuff

Archived