Is this good laptop for gaming

Alawy

at work, i use a i7 4720HQ and 940M laptop, and i can run preset all 3 with good fps 30 - 50 fps. but i have to turn it to preset 1 when fighting BW.

that laptop have an i7 6500U and 950M gpu... you should have better fps then mine, so i suspect it's gonna be easy getting more then 60-80 fps in preset 3. 

4 minutes ago, Alawy said:

what about other games

lets say for example GTA or something big will i be able to run them on medium setting ?

yeah mine is fine this is basically my gaming laptop except mine has a larger ssd

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Touchscreen-Gaming-GeForce-graphics-Windows/dp/B012BSDEVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457109156&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+laptop

and it's fine not as great as my desktop, but gets the job done

I can use high settings on basically anything the issues I have are in large fights than my fps will drop to around 55ish fps sometimes 40

2 minutes ago, Alawy said:

@Puppy Pie so do you think i should go with it :) ?

or i wait for something which might be better or " worthy " more

If would wouldn't mind waiting and saving up a couple hundred more I would get the same brand but a better graphic card, but if you do not want to wait to save or can't than that laptop would be fine just not as great as it can be.

Just now, Puppy Pie said:

If would wouldn't mind waiting and saving up a couple hundred more I would get the same brand but a better graphic card, but if you do not want to wait to save or can't than that laptop would be fine just not as great as it can be.

I think i will do fine with that laptop

i dont play much of " Big " games anyways

i think bns will be the largest game in system haha

i am going for it in 30 days at my birthday :)

3 minutes ago, Alawy said:

I think i will do fine with that laptop

i dont play much of " Big " games anyways

i think bns will be the largest game in system haha

i am going for it in 30 days at my birthday :)

Nice!

I got lucky with all my computers since my husband is a computer engineer major so he just buys cheap ones that someone fudged up and fixes them up for us haha so pricey computers for a few hundred. 

Hey, @Alawy.

To answer your base question, I'm afraid that you will have FPS issues with High Settings(4+) with that laptop spec on 1920x1080 resolution. Especially when there are a few people around you like when you're inside dungeons.

You can probably play on Medium Settings and a lower resolution like 1366x768(if the laptop's screen supports it) and you'll have a playable FPS.

Only a 256GB SSD? kinda limited on space

I own 2 ASUS laptops (but not really for gaming) - I'm currently still using one of them for the past 5 years and the other is retired.

They can get very hot to the point that it burns you if you touch the vents (I use Cooler Master cooling pad to not fry anything) and their battery loses its recharge capacity very rapidly.

Unlike most here, to cut to the chase OP, this laptop will suffice. But u mentioned cheap and there are sites that let u swap out parts etc to end up with a cheaper laptop. Mind you they can even get u a 960m or 965m 15 inch for with same price range 800-850. Check xoticpcs or puget systems for example.

If ur not the one to tinker or be technical with what you own then go for the one u mentioned. Its capable and more than capable for bns.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/ no bullshit. Tell em what u want and what u working with financially. They'll tell u if it can work, or if u can go even chaper.

1 hour ago, Alawy said:

by low fps you mean 10-0 ? or 20-30 ?

Low FPS like 15 or less in a zergfest for BW/Orges.

But don't forget that BnS doesn't run well on newer hardware. For other modern games it'll run fine from medium-high.

Archived