Quitting: Reasons

Listen

i done maybe over 100 plus runs of deadtide arena, and accumulated idk how many tags, but you don't see me throwing in the towel. This game is a lot of RNG and if you say that you saw that in the Korean version then you should have seen something like this coming. Plus, it's a *cricket*ing wig.  You say it's not a rant, but it is essentially a rant because you didn't get what you wanted. Oh and i still don't have that damn outfit.

14 minutes ago, Kitah said:

I'm not sure if you voted me by accident or not.. I'm not entirely sure what you are on about. We aren't being  spoonfed releases at all, more like being dished in servings instead. 

you said that they are releasing slowly because we can go on par with content. even if we miss a lot of stuff.

so what about players that will play the game tomorrow for example, are we going to wait for everyone to go on par before releasing new stuff?

the fact that they dont release stuff because of that is what i call "spoonfeeding"

Just now, Shukran said:

you said that they are releasing slowly because we can go on par with content. even if we miss a lot of stuff.

so what about players that will play the game tomorrow for example, are we going to wait for everyone to go on par before releasing new stuff?

the fact that they dont release stuff because of that is what i call "spoonfeeding"

They're thinking more about the people who joined at the beginning of normal release rather than new people. They have to check things over and it has to go through quality assurance and such as-well so it's probably going through that. They want to get us up to the same patches as korea so we can compete with them.. so it shouldn't be too long away.

7 minutes ago, Kitah said:

They're thinking more about the people who joined at the beginning of normal release rather than new people. They have to check things over and it has to go through quality assurance and such as-well so it's probably going through that. They want to get us up to the same patches as korea so we can compete with them.. so it shouldn't be too long away.

ya, just look at those skill descriptions....

every time i need to know what a skill does and how it interacts i'm better off to bnstree....

First off, i disagree about having to spend cash. You can earn a lot of gold with dailies and crafting alone, even more so if you got more chars or play the marked.

Ok not to the topic. I do absolutely agree that cosmetics should not be THAT rare. I mean, the run takes.. quite a while. To the people saying that he wants something "too fast" - you have no idea what ur saying lol. I honestly dont think that that's how it should be. Nobody should have to put in 80 hours or more of grind just for one cosmetic random drop. I understand that rng is rng, but given the number of people complaining to have 100-400 runs without a single drop.. let's be real: the change is tiny, max 1-2% or so i'd say.

I dont mind having such chances on stuff that you can easily farm or for example buy essences to roll the wheel for, but half an hour or so (longer!?) per <1% chance? That's sick.  

I personally would say that a chance of 5% or up to 10% is reasonable, considering that it's taking quite a while to clear, it is hard content AND only one of the four people will get it. 

On a note: i dont say that chances themselves need to be higher. I'm not one of the persons complaining about rng and not getting their weapon after 30+ boxes. I'm just saying that something that takes quite a while should be obtainable with reasonable effort and not just with insane luck. I dont know a lot of persons who could possibly farm a single dungeon over and over and over again for 80 hours and not lose interest. That's not the point of a game and should not how we have to obtain these items.

The skill books are a similar story.. the chance is similar and i dont think it's justified, but one could at least argue that it's so that people buy gold with ncoins since you can trade them. The cosmetics are not tradeable. And then there are other costumes, like the one from the dreadtide arena which also is stupidly rare and that run does not only take a long time, but is also boring as hell and 90% of the time you wait for npc to speak... so jeah. I dont think this is fun ncsoft - ever tried to get one of your cosmetic drops yourself :)?

4 hours ago, Listen said:

The Cobalt Widow Wig was a hairstyle I dreamed of getting for myself since I saw it on Korean servers. I honestly exhausted all my efforts in trying to get this hairstyle. As of today, I'm sitting at 170+ runs on my character, and I still don't have the hairstyle. It's honestly so defeating and upsetting when you put in that much effort and time to get an item you sincerely desire and have all your efforts thwarted by some ridiculous number based system that repeats itself in order to further increase your frustration. 

Don't worry, theres an achievement merchant in level 50 content that sells various cosmetics if you have enough achievement points, the wig is among them. While it doesn't solve rare rng problems at least it helps for this specific instance.

achievement-merchant-3a.jpg

45 minutes ago, Pettanko said:

Don't worry, theres an achievement merchant in level 50 content that sells various cosmetics if you have enough achievement points, the wig is among them. While it doesn't solve rare rng problems at least it helps for this specific instance.

achievement-merchant-3a.jpg

We'll get this achievement merchant in 2017...

3 hours ago, Catgravy said:

If that's why he plays the game, then so be it. Why do you play the game? PvP, PvE, to do all of the quests, etc?? People play these for different reasons.

So, here's the thing.  His only objective was the hair-do.  He is quitting because he didn't get the hair-do.  If he had gotten the hair-do to drop, he would have won the game, and, obviously, run out of reasons to play.

This one was gonna quit one way or another.

1 minute ago, rocdog said:

So, here's the thing.  His only objective was the hair-do.  He is quitting because he didn't get the hair-do.  If he had gotten the hair-do to drop, he would have won the game, and, obviously, run out of reasons to play.

This one was gonna quit one way or another.

ooor maybe he would be that happy that he got this wig that he would log in just to always look at it

18 minutes ago, Elmala said:

ooor maybe he would be that happy that he got this wig that he would log in just to always look at it

If I were him, I'd capture a little animated gif and look at it on my phone.   That way they could be together forever!

BASIC GAME DESIGN: Put in a reward (like a cosmetic wig) to encourage players to keep playing and running that particular piece of content.

KOREAN GAME DESIGN: Make that reward SO FRAKKING RARE that you lose your soul trying to obtain it.

Archived