Quitting: Reasons

Listen

This post isn't meant to rant or be any sort of complaint letter. It's just a piece of collected thoughts and reflections about the game. 

Quite honestly, I met a lot of kind and friendly people, but I just have to say, this is one of the worst games with regards to customer service and item rewards. 

The game is just too repetitive, and it almost forces people to have to spend real currency in order to keep up with current 'in' equips. 

The worst part of all of this was, I wouldn't mind the grind and the repetitive dailies had my hard efforts rewarded me with the one item I honestly really wanted in this game.

The Cobalt Widow Wig was a hairstyle I dreamed of getting for myself since I saw it on Korean servers. I honestly exhausted all my efforts in trying to get this hairstyle. As of today, I'm sitting at 170+ runs on my character, and I still don't have the hairstyle. It's honestly so defeating and upsetting when you put in that much effort and time to get an item you sincerely desire and have all your efforts thwarted by some ridiculous number based system that repeats itself in order to further increase your frustration. 

A lot of people share my sentiments, so I know I'm not only speaking for myself but for the sake of many others who have given up on trying to find this hairstyle. Well, for me, it has reached the point where I just feel distressed and exhausted just from logging in. 

To all those who really want this hairstyle, I wish you all the best and I hope you get it. I'll rejoice with all of you who, after all of your hard work and effort finally achieved the hair. I'm with you in spirit. 

Sincerely, 

One very distressed and upset BnS player

so u have 170+ runs, made some srs gold from other dropped stuff and still need to cry about some cosmetic shlt? Why do you even bother yourself to play MMO? Get some single game, cheat in stuff you want right after start and voila, satisfaction! Right?

I think it would be cool if they added a vendor that sold cosmetic dungeon drops for a specific currency only gained by running dungeons. Have the items set at a high price so people still rely mostly on rng drops, but if someone ran a dungeon 50+ times they could at least be guaranteed the item they wanted.

Why i would quit. Constant DC's.Low performance and lag ,those with a good pc and internet.Poor customers support and automatic responses.Bots and spam everywhere.Long loading screens entering dungeons or loading game (as i said with a good decent gaming pc ).Toxic comunnity.Bugs.Repetitive quest and not suficiently rewarding.RNG (what's too much its too much ).

Sooner or later if none of these will improve and i will find anything else to keep my interest up ,prolly i'll quit it also.

20 minutes ago, Eckogen said:

So you're quitting because RNG won't let you have a wig.

also

have u already 4 men lab?

already got 8th floor like a baws?

do you know we are lvl 45 and cap level is 50?

anyway i partly understand your reasons (not the cosmetic one ffs that s retardedly childish) and i think NCSoft should speed up the content release.

i dont get why they take so much time. i mean, ok, they give us the time to do stuff and content..ok..what about someone who start playing tomorrow then? are we waiting for anyone who is behind?

6 minutes ago, Shukran said:

also

anyway i partly understand your reasons (not the cosmetic one ffs that s retardedly childish) and i think NCSoft should speed up the content release.

i dont get why they take so much time. i mean, ok, they give us the time to do stuff and content..ok..what about someone who start playing tomorrow then? are we waiting for anyone who is behind?

you just got the WL .... how much more speed do you need?

Sorry to tell you but even 200 runs isn't enough to beat RNG.

There are games that the chance of droping something is so ridiculous that even after 1000 runs won't get what you want.

And yes, I'm talking from experience. *grindfestexpert*

Iit would be much worse if it was an item required for an upgrade.

14 minutes ago, Shukran said:

They're going fast enough with content release.

Have you seen the wig or mask atleast drop while you've been in a run at  all?

I've killed Pinchy over 300 times plus I've bought around 200 off this essences from other players and while I get costumes and adornments I still cannot get a hat. It's the main problem with RNG.

I've ran tomb around hundred times now and I still have yet to see the mask or Spider fangs drop.

The only thing that would be nice is if they had the wheels / dungeons drop special scrolls which people bid on at the end which you then can use to buy a part of the vanity that drops for that specific dungeon. For example I go to Tomb and at the end we bid on a scroll which then the bloke outside which gives the daily could also act as a vendor and give out items dependant on how many scrolls you have. It's such a nicer way to reward players with still keeping in rng elements. I really want the mask as-well and am dreading it personally.

10 minutes ago, Vasenol said:

Sorry to tell you but even 200 runs isn't enough to beat RNG.

There are games that the chance of droping something is so ridiculous that even after 1000 runs won't get what you want.

And yes, I'm talking from experience. *grindfestexpert*

Iit would be much worse if it was an item required for an upgrade.

It's a hair upgrade!  There's a party this weekend.

20 minutes ago, Shukran said:

also

It is so we can learn the classes and get used to the skills without releasing too much in one go. They mentioned that the new patch is coming "soon" and in one of the official livestreams they got asked if we should be able to level our weapons up to true pirate now and if we have the time for it.. and the answer they gave was something along the lines of if you are quick about it and focus mainly on that..  meaning that it could be just around the corner in April.

I'm glad we aren't overwhelmed so far.

15 minutes ago, Kitah said:

It is so we can learn the classes and get used to the skills without releasing too much in one go. They mentioned that the new patch is coming "soon" and in one of the official livestreams they got asked if we should be able to level our weapons up to true pirate now and if we have the time for it.. and the answer they gave was something along the lines of if you are quick about it and focus mainly on that..  meaning that it could be just around the corner in April.

I'm glad we aren't overwhelmed so far.

u avoided reaing everything then. read last sentence and explain me your "save the non-korean children that need to be spoonfed" post about it.

1 hour ago, Formus said:
1 hour ago, Formus said:

so u have 170+ runs, made some srs gold from other dropped stuff and still need to cry about some cosmetic shlt? Why do you even bother yourself to play MMO? Get some single game, cheat in stuff you want right after start and voila, satisfaction! Right?

Iso u have 170+ runs, made some srs gold from other dropped stuff and still need to cry about some cosmetic shlt? Why do you even bother yourself to play MMO? Get some single game, cheat in stuff you want right after start and voila, satisfaction! Right?

If that's why he plays the game, then so be it. Why do you play the game? PvP, PvE, to do all of the quests, etc?? People play these for different reasons.

1 hour ago, Formus said:

well, because besides the pvp, this game is mostly about looks...

2 hours ago, Listen said:

This post isn't meant to rant or be any sort of complaint letter. It's just a piece of collected thoughts and reflections about the game. 

Quite honestly, I met a lot of kind and friendly people, but I just have to say, this is one of the worst games with regards to customer service and item rewards. 

The game is just too repetitive, and it almost forces people to have to spend real currency in order to keep up with current 'in' equips. 

The worst part of all of this was, I wouldn't mind the grind and the repetitive dailies had my hard efforts rewarded me with the one item I honestly really wanted in this game.

The Cobalt Widow Wig was a hairstyle I dreamed of getting for myself since I saw it on Korean servers. I honestly exhausted all my efforts in trying to get this hairstyle. As of today, I'm sitting at 170+ runs on my character, and I still don't have the hairstyle. It's honestly so defeating and upsetting when you put in that much effort and time to get an item you sincerely desire and have all your efforts thwarted by some ridiculous number based system that repeats itself in order to further increase your frustration. 

A lot of people share my sentiments, so I know I'm not only speaking for myself but for the sake of many others who have given up on trying to find this hairstyle. Well, for me, it has reached the point where I just feel distressed and exhausted just from logging in. 

To all those who really want this hairstyle, I wish you all the best and I hope you get it. I'll rejoice with all of you who, after all of your hard work and effort finally achieved the hair. I'm with you in spirit. 

Sincerely, 

One very distressed and upset BnS player

i do like the system they have in place in *arvel heroes..., if you dont get your stuff at least you are guaranteed to get it using the achievements like kill certain dude 500 times... is a high number, yes, but at least you know you will have it for the effort you put in the game.

23 minutes ago, Shukran said:

u avoided reaing everything then. read last sentence and explain me your "save the non-korean children that need to be spoonfed" post about it.

I'm not sure if you voted me by accident or not.. I'm not entirely sure what you are on about. We aren't being  spoonfed releases at all, more like being dished in servings instead. 

3 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

well, because besides the pvp, this game is mostly about looks...

it is?

I just see on one hand arena and open pvp in the small area in misty woods and on the other hand a looooooooot of dungeons and quests ^^ even without cool down

In my opinion the Skins are just there so it is addressing more people ... i don´t really think that it IS about looks

2 minutes ago, Elmala said:

it is?

I just see on one hand arena and open pvp in the small area in misty woods and on the other hand a looooooooot of dungeons and quests ^^ even without cool down

In my opinion the Skins are just there so it is addressing more people ... i don´t really think that it IS about looks

yas, pvp, i didn't specify open world pvp... its all about arena pvp wise.

and the dungeons are there to get costumes and wigs, and skins for your weapons, so, ya, looks...

4 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

yas, pvp, i didn't specify open world pvp... its all about arena pvp wise.

and the dungeons are there to get costumes and wigs, and skins for your weapons, so, ya, looks...

I don´t really do dungeons for costumes or Skins, so, ya, looks ... not? ;)

Archived