How do I report players in game for harrassment?

Dewby

Okay so, here's what happened. Me and a friend were trying to do dailies in E. Fleet and were taking down bosses. We were posting in the region chat which bosses we were preparing to fight in a mostly unpopulated channel. We noticed a clan of people in there that were going around and while we were fighting one boss we had the people from that group sitting idle until we had almost downed the boss. My friend died and immediately after he released to run back the group came in and wiped the boss. They proceeded to tell us to "Learn to solo or go gtfo" after laughing at my friend for dying to poison. 

I'm leaving the names out here but I have collected them and the clan name but, Poharan spawned in after another boss kill and we headed there to prepare. When the other group got there they proceeded to stand on the platform overlooking the area for about four minutes before one of them jumped in, attacked the boss and spent the better part of a minute chasing us around trying to get us killed. We stepped out of the ring, waited for her to reset and went back in to wait, once again hoping they would jump in and help us take down the boss only to see them wait another six minutes and try the same tactic, this time engaging the boss and pulling out when we tried to join in, succeeding in getting me killed this time and my friend nearly killed. Upon my return, they began mocking me and my friend again. They did not engage the boss until we began to walk away as if trying to bully us out of our kill for our daily. Don't get me wrong, we still managed to tag in at the last moment and secure our daily because we had just spent the better part of an hour in there trying to finish up but here are my questions.

What can be done about this?

And...

Where do I report them for harassing us like this?

If there's anyone who needs to grow up here, it's people that let insignificant events like these bother them. They only kept egging you on because you kept indulging them. Learn to not let your emotions get the better of you

It's clearly harassment, they literally didn't have any reason to do it (unless topic creator provoked them with insults?). They only hurt themselves for the sake of harassing the topic creator.

Such behavior is very unwelcome in team-based games like MMOs.

You're right that it's childish to report people for every little thing. However it's even more childish to harass newbies (instead of giving advices...) and to victim blame.

But since you called it a joke. Go ahead and explain what part, exactly, was a joke (except you). Go on.

I'm gonna be honest, insults were a factor after they began to harass us. It didn't help the matter, but it didn't start the matter. From what we gathered they were trying to wait for their entire group to be present for the boss kill, which was fine and if they'd told us we would have broken off and let them group up to help us out but the manner they went about it was just inane. 

The game is MA rated...

Meaning Mature Audience.

If you cant take an insult, seriously dont play Mature games.  

There's also a nice block feature.

If someone is pissing you off, just block them.  

As for reporting them?

Go ahead, but i can pretty much say NOTHING will happen to them.

They could even cus you out verbally and still nothing will happen, why?

Because the game has a MA raiting. 

2 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

If you cant take an insult, seriously dont play Mature games.  

There's also a nice block feature.

If someone is pissing you off, just block them.  

Isn't the problem here that they were getting in the way of his gameplay through harassment, instead of just insulting?

4 minutes ago, Vexe said:

It's clearly harassment, they literally didn't have any reason to do it (unless topic creator provoked them with insults?). They only hurt themselves for the sake of harassing the topic creator.

Such behavior is very unwelcome in team-based games like MMOs.

You're right that it's childish to report people for every little thing. However it's even more childish to harass newbies (instead of giving advices...) and to victim blame.

I think it's pretty obvious that op and his friend were verbally retaliating against those players, he just chose not to mention it. As far as I'm concerned, they're both equally guilty because OP chose to go the petty route and start a forum about reporting them instead of ignoring them and changing channels. People only keep pulling stuff like this because they know people on this game will react every time. We all know that NCSoft is going to do absolutely nothing about this either, they have bigger problems to worry about that they can't even handle at the moment either, so why even bother complaining?

1 minute ago, Vexe said:

Isn't the problem here that they were getting in the way of his gameplay through harassment, instead of just insulting?

You can not get harassed in a video game.  

Because u always have the option to turn the game off and walk away.  

Harrassment means you can not escape, and im pretty sure those guys arent stalking the op and preventing him from playing the game. 

The OP is just salty because some Elitist rained down him.

Well, its the OP's fault for getting salty to begin with instead of just moving to a different channel. 

2 minutes ago, PvPMS said:

I think it's pretty obvious that op and his friend were verbally retaliating against those players, he just chose not to mention it. As far as I'm concerned, they're both equally guilty because OP chose to go the petty route and start a forum about reporting them instead of ignoring them and changing channels.

Not the case here. I will admit words were exchanged and they were  filled with malice spite and a few other nasty things but that occurred after they began mocking us. Also do you even understand what I'm talking about here? We put in an hour of work taking out four or five of the bosses to get Poharan to spawn and then this group showed up to bully us out of it. 

Also you cannot change channels in the 24 man instances, you're stuck in that channel unless you leave the instance and come back and that  would have just allowed them to get away with it and be rewarded. 

IIRC, channel switching is locked in 24mans (and you can't blame him for not knowing the ways to bypass this). Plus, it takes a really long time to get Poh coz usually 90+% of all players are spending their time AFKing at Poh's spawn point.

6 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

You can not get harassed in a video game.  

Because u always have the option to turn the game off and walk away.  

Harrassment means you can not escape, and im pretty sure those guys arent stalking the op and preventing him from playing the game. 

Some people take games more seriously than others, which especially applies to MMOs (designed to immerse players into the world).

If he enjoys gaming a lot AND is playing with his real life friends right now, why would he have to turn the game off?

The guild's behavior is asinine and childish, you can't defend that. Now whether reporting will change anything, that's another story

Just now, Dewby said:

that  would have just allowed them to get away with it and be rewarded. 

And this is why you look just as petty as the people who were "harassing" you. You do realize that they waiting for you to insult them, right? To them, that's like a job well done pat on the back because it confirms that they've succeeded in upsetting you. They're only doing this for the reaction, and  in the end, you gave them what they wanted anyway. 

Fair enough, I  spurred them to bully us further. Still, the fact remains that they get to laugh and brag about this with no consequences and since you don't seem to grasp that point I'm done addressing your posts. This attitude of yours to look the other way and not try and do something about it encourages the behavior far more than my conversations ever could have. Simply put, it's what is wrong with the community. People just keep brushing it aside rather than try and address the issue and as such the behavior is learned, applied and encouraged by new players and the cycle repeats. 

the next time just follow them, wait till they attack a Boss and don´t answer them. Because @PvPMS is right, they just wanted to upset you and they´ve done a good Job ;)

(and when they attacked the Boss just grab it and carry it around so they cannot attack xD - just joking :<)

7 minutes ago, Vexe said:

IIRC, channel switching is locked in 24mans (and you can't blame him for not knowing the ways to bypass this).

There are ways of bypassing the channel lock? Could you elaborate on that please?

What you;re asking for is impossible to achieve in any video game. If you're looking for a mature community, video games are not for you. The mature adults are out working more professional jobs, raising children, going out, ect. The immature ones are devoting their times to asian fetish games like Blade and Soul, myself and you included. Continuing to address it won't solve anything, it will just provoke them further. I would know because I've done things worse than the people you mentioned in your post in other games. People like you keep me entertained

The following rules govern basic interaction within the Blade & Soul game and the Blade & Soul website (including message boards). Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Blade & Soul game account according to the Blade & Soul User Agreement. : HTTP://US.NCSOFT.COM/EN/LEGAL/USER-AGREEMENTS/BLADE-AND-SOUL-USER-AGREEMENT.PHP.

In addition to these rules of conduct, explicit rules affecting your account may be found in the Blade & Soul User Agreement.

1. WHILE PLAYING BLADE & SOUL , YOU MUST RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS TO PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. TO THIS END, YOU MAY NOT DEFRAUD, HARASS, THREATEN, OR CAUSE DISTRESS AND/OR UNWANTED ATTENTION TO OTHER PLAYERS.

Send Tickets Here....

https://support.bladeandsoul.com

5 minutes ago, Elmala said:

the next time just follow them, wait till they attack a Boss and don´t answer them. Because @PvPMS is right, they just wanted to upset you and they´ve done a good Job ;)

The purpose of the report isn't for verbal harassment, it's aimed at the behavior of trying to get us killed and trying to bully us out of the instance. Verbal stuff I don't care about because tempers flare and stuff is going to be said. I don't care about that because I'm guilty of it as well but the behavior at Poharan is plainly not okay. 

4 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

The following rules govern basic interaction within the Blade & Soul game and the Blade & Soul website (including message boards). Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Blade & Soul game account according to the Blade & Soul User Agreement. : HTTP://US.NCSOFT.COM/EN/LEGAL/USER-AGREEMENTS/BLADE-AND-SOUL-USER-AGREEMENT.PHP.

In addition to these rules of conduct, explicit rules affecting your account may be found in the Blade & Soul User Agreement.

1. WHILE PLAYING BLADE & SOUL , YOU MUST RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS TO PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. TO THIS END, YOU MAY NOT DEFRAUD, HARASS, THREATEN, OR CAUSE DISTRESS AND/OR UNWANTED ATTENTION TO OTHER PLAYERS.

Send Tickets Here....

https://support.bladeandsoul.com

This is what I was looking for. Thank you. I couldn't find this information for anything in the world. 

Archived