beruangninja

Blade & Soul for long terms playing ?

Recommended Posts

this game are so much total greatness of character design and story plotted. some people said, at the end game are boring to play. causing of daily quest/instances and standing for hour at PvP room. maybe for future updates, needs a lot of costume, clan wars, and more new story to enjoy. i'm pretty optimistic about this game so much. really love Blade and Soul game, 

so, what your opinions for a review in the future ? 

 

thanks for your time. pardon for my english. Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koragg   
11 minutes ago, naBstaer said:

Don't worry about it. Your enthusiasm will pass :)

Yeah, you're right about that. I'm steadily losing interest in playing. I'm nowhere near maxed or played with all characters, but damn it's hard finding willpower to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hluill   

Yeppers, love the combat, and the different classes.

 

But playing through the same storyline to try them out is a definite challenge to the willpower.

 

Only on my second toon, not having finished yet with my first, and I'm already thinking: "Oh, Yonkai again..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enamour   

On my 4th 45 with Warlock but I really love the variation I can choose from when I choose to play each day. I can be a support dps with my Destroyer and grab boss and lift people to safety putting them in proper locations to res up or I can play Force Master and burn everything in sight. Then there's my Blade Master where I can go in a party, ask for 3 seconds with the boss and hold aggro while having to be more knowledgeable about the attack patterns so I can mitigate damage. Warlock is currently 39 but I'm sure the play style will differ from BM and Des as well.

 

Really having fun still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koragg   

This is actually a problem i've with almost all games, i can play for maybe 2 months and then simply can't be bothered to care... I played the game knowing that it would come to pass. I mean at this point the only thing i've not done is the 4 man labyrinth not sure if i'll ever i can't bring myself to getting that 6 man soul shield. Best idea would be to take a break for a few days maybe inspiration will strike me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you secretly a staff member gathering player opinions? XD

 

Anyway, I have this problem with a lot of MMOs. I usually burn through the first week or so of playing, but after that I start to lose interest. 

I played like 10 hours straight yesterday, but thankfully, I haven't lost interest yet. I love playing my KFM and it's fun to suddenly discover a new combo you didn't know existed because the skill manager is pretty confusing as hell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   
59 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

Are you secretly a staff member gathering player opinions? XD

 

Anyway, I have this problem with a lot of MMOs. I usually burn through the first week or so of playing, but after that I start to lose interest. 

I played like 10 hours straight yesterday, but thankfully, I haven't lost interest yet. I love playing my KFM and it's fun to suddenly discover a new combo you didn't know existed because the skill manager is pretty confusing as hell. 

 

 

This. Normally you burn through an mmorpg in a matter of days, maybe weeks or at best a month. Then you got the best gear and have nothing to do. 

At least for me, this is not the case in blade&soul. Since progression is somewhat time gates and the best way (after playing the market of course) to make money is dailies and (daily) crafting, your gold income is limited which limits the progression - but it doesnt feel annoying in my opinion and you can still farm money outside of that. My first char isnt even maxed out equip wise, even tho i'm leveling twinks right now and i would have enough money to upgrade one to max if i wanted to. Well... unless you could the stupidly expensive hm skill for bm/wl as gear progression :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats why good update times play a part  in mmo, with this games new content per month i am kept interested and farming. 50cap will probably land in a month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shauneh   

Already back playing FFXIV and it feels SO GOOD. P2P model, no spam from bots, never see bots in game, and servers are as smooth as a babies behind. Sucks, because I really wanted to enjoy B&S, but when you have games like FFXIV, that has consistent content updates, smooth gameplay, and just overall feels so much better, it makes it hard to log back into B&S. 

 

Now I know the B&S lovers are going to come here and be like "Then why the f are you here, talking bad about the game." well you ignorant shit, thats why im here on the forums, and not in the game, I am looking at all the issues STILL in the game, and why OTHERS are not playing anymore, to validate my reason for not logging into the game. Clicking a website to get some information takes a couple mins of my time. It's sure as hell better checking here, and reminding myself why I don't log in, rather than logging in, and feeling like i'm playing some cash grab, low tier MMO. Truely is a sad sight, considering this game had/has potential, if it wasn't being used as a game solely for making money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EvaRench   

for long terms playing (a.k.a reaching the end game)- storyline of BnS is great ...

Spoiler

 

at the end of newest arc , you will have a flying home and a flying garden (you can't do much with those ...) as a ton of people requested

and the story of 3 next arcs (from 4 to end of 6) could considered way better than 3 first arcs ... you made friends , you made foes , and your foe became your friends, your nightmare became something dearest to you. 

And Spoiler : you have some brats to take care off ... one of them fell off cliff with a huge wound in his chest but BnS logic = fall off cliff = power up, so i really believe that my studend gonna alive and well in next arc

 

 

Weapons ? the money and sweat you spend for up an end game weapon could bury level 45 people ...

i'm myself thinking upgrade soul = huge pain in the as... whoop one more S and i will get banned

 

Dungeons : there are a tons of them , specially jadevillage dungeons but the most special thing will be battleground , pvp zones for mass murdering people or be mass murdered ...

 

PvP could be boring if you think it's but you can alway start a new for testing other classes

considered : having multi classes in one acc is a should if you want to craft the end game costumes (a.k.a your career uniform) , the mats for those uniform are all untradeable so you better have some rank 4 chars to craft them if not want to train your crafting guild from fresh ...

 

Spoiler

SPOILER : Master Hong died

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SWTOR is the only MMO that really held me long term. Leveling didn't feel like a grind because of the story, and end game had good pacing. It was nice gaining the items you needed by doing weekly Ops and some crafting. On top of that it had companions that made doing your dailies a bit more interesting, and a number of side quests involving them and others that allowed you to vary your leveling. If it actually had a decent engine a lot of the issues that came up might not have led to the MM part of MMO being carved from the game and killing a lot of things that made it great.

 

As I said in another thread almost every top flight MMO currently out is a grinder and it just gets tedious. I still enjoy leveling characters in this game because you move through different areas, run into different characters as you go. Once you hit end game it's the same place over and over and over. The same fights over and over and over. Eventually we'll get more content, but because of the resource cost of leveling gear newer areas will always be the most efficient use of your time, meaning that you're just hurting yourself by going back.  GW2 tried to make this better XP-wise with scaling and now with map quest rewards. Vindictus sort of does it by allowing Hero mode raids to drop somewhat valuable items, but overall that doesn't help all that much.

 

In short you may find yourself really enjoying the characters and the setting, but you will feel the grind. I'm in a relatively active clan now and that makes it better, but more variety in how we progress would be wunderbar. If you can't take the grind get out now =p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

SWTOR is the only MMO that really held me long term. Leveling didn't feel like a grind because of the story, and end game had good pacing. It was nice gaining the items you needed by doing weekly Ops and some crafting. On top of that it had companions that made doing your dailies a bit more interesting, and a number of side quests involving them and others that allowed you to vary your leveling. If it actually had a decent engine a lot of the issues that came up might not have led to the MM part of MMO being carved from the game and killing a lot of things that made it great.

 

As I said in another thread almost every top flight MMO currently out is a grinder and it just gets tedious. I still enjoy leveling characters in this game because you move through different areas, run into different characters as you go. Once you hit end game it's the same place over and over and over. The same fights over and over and over. Eventually we'll get more content, but because of the resource cost of leveling gear newer areas will always be the most efficient use of your time, meaning that you're just hurting yourself by going back.  GW2 tried to make this better XP-wise with scaling and now with map quest rewards. Vindictus sort of does it by allowing Hero mode raids to drop somewhat valuable items, but overall that doesn't help all that much.

 

In short you may find yourself really enjoying the characters and the setting, but you will feel the grind. I'm in a relatively active clan now and that makes it better, but more variety in how we progress would be wunderbar. If you can't take the grind get out now =p

This.

 

I was a longtime Everquest, and later EQ2, and while the questing/raiding systems were very immersive you did eventually feel the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My end game is at lvl 22. Cant login and have Game Guard error. Game crash when i click "Play Game". Im waiting for support now it will be 5 hours. On lvl 45 and game is boring, all days are the same get money making daily, pvp, faction, dungeons. Never been that much bored. I have 2 classes at 45 lvl and new Warlock on 22 level. Game have lags, dc, crashes, luncher problems, bots, spams. Waiting for that game 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deorum   

The whole mmo concept needs serious adjustments or we will continue with the short term mmo model........grab the bucks with pre-launches betas, packs, and packs and more packs, than after several months, launch...the phase for bugs and bugs and more bugs, then the few left get bored in few time, because its grinding, more grinding, and some more grinding, some games have a good action model that makes grinding less unpleasent, some of them makes a history, well at least some shortcut scenes they call history, to keep ppl motivated to find the end of it but......most of the mmos in these days are basically the same thing........

 

For publishers and developers....please, ppl come to mmos to find a pleasent social environment to play with other ppl, any game that makes this point an issue, or the major target, lasts for much more time with much more healthy population than other games........mmos that have group pvp, the more massive is better, group constructions, even if its structures or personal stuff, group relationship, group stratification, group competition in any means, its a winner not a short term mmo like most of what i see these days, theres simply no fun enough in mmos today the grab ppl for years like it was before, even with better graphics, better action engines etc etc, or we see a good potential game being messed up with publishers greed and developers lack of imagination, or we continue to see what we have now....a nice game with few nice things thats new but at the end of it stiil completly boring and worthless after few weeks or months......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

SWTOR is the only MMO that really held me long term. Leveling didn't feel like a grind because of the story, and end game had good pacing. It was nice gaining the items you needed by doing weekly Ops and some crafting. On top of that it had companions that made doing your dailies a bit more interesting, and a number of side quests involving them and others that allowed you to vary your leveling. If it actually had a decent engine a lot of the issues that came up might not have led to the MM part of MMO being carved from the game and killing a lot of things that made it great.

 

As I said in another thread almost every top flight MMO currently out is a grinder and it just gets tedious. I still enjoy leveling characters in this game because you move through different areas, run into different characters as you go. Once you hit end game it's the same place over and over and over. The same fights over and over and over. Eventually we'll get more content, but because of the resource cost of leveling gear newer areas will always be the most efficient use of your time, meaning that you're just hurting yourself by going back.  GW2 tried to make this better XP-wise with scaling and now with map quest rewards. Vindictus sort of does it by allowing Hero mode raids to drop somewhat valuable items, but overall that doesn't help all that much.

 

In short you may find yourself really enjoying the characters and the setting, but you will feel the grind. I'm in a relatively active clan now and that makes it better, but more variety in how we progress would be wunderbar. If you can't take the grind get out now =p

 

If SWTOR had an awesome combat system I would have never left because it was always how I imagined an MMORPG should be. A ROLE PLAYING GAME. Your character never felt like something you just played to compete with others for end game content. They actually had a story to tell. BnS does its plot very well, and it is probably higher in that regard compared to other themepark MMOs (I actually felt sad at certain moments especially when you fellow Lyn Hongmoon died), however it still lacks choices for your character to actually matter in the plot and in the game as a whole.

 

So far, it's only driving point is because *cricket* the characters look gorgeous (Better than Vindictus and BDO, imo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vynnx   

I view for the future is the game will die before the years up if they don't fix the bot issues. Simple as that.. NCSoft wants so badly for this game to become an esport, but it's not going to happen. I haven't seen a bot population like this since Silk Roads lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game has lasting potential but only if you take your time playing thru the content and create alts. Most of the people that rushed to 45 and/or bought max gear with the currency exchange now just stand around ganking fresh 45s that only have 30k HP. If you take it slowly by the time you finish the current content a new patch will be on the horizon and you won't get bored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bezerko   
On 3/5/2016 at 8:37 AM, Shauneh said:

Already back playing FFXIV and it feels SO GOOD. P2P model, no spam from bots, never see bots in game, and servers are as smooth as a babies behind. Sucks, because I really wanted to enjoy B&S, but when you have games like FFXIV, that has consistent content updates, smooth gameplay, and just overall feels so much better, it makes it hard to log back into B&S. 

 

Now I know the B&S lovers are going to come here and be like "Then why the f are you here, talking bad about the game." well you ignorant shit, thats why im here on the forums, and not in the game, I am looking at all the issues STILL in the game, and why OTHERS are not playing anymore, to validate my reason for not logging into the game. Clicking a website to get some information takes a couple mins of my time. It's sure as hell better checking here, and reminding myself why I don't log in, rather than logging in, and feeling like i'm playing some cash grab, low tier MMO. Truely is a sad sight, considering this game had/has potential, if it wasn't being used as a game solely for making money. 

 

Pretty much the same lesson I walked away from BnS with.  P2P is a superior business model to F2P.  Games like WoW and FFXIV just feel more polished.  Thanks to the $ barrier, it also acts as a line of defense against bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bezerko said:

 

Pretty much the same lesson I walked away from BnS with.  P2P is a superior business model to F2P.  Games like WoW and FFXIV just feel more polished.  Thanks to the $ barrier, it also acts as a line of defense against bots.

 

Yeah it's true I like FFXIV but don't really have enough time to dedicate to it while working full time. In BnS you can make up for your lack of playtime with the currency exchange. Aion was much better when it had a P2P model, it went downhill fast after going F2P and now it is P2W.

Edited by GreenDestiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now