BD or BM

Smoq

BD is slightly safer class to play with, more room for errors and easier combos to pull off. But if you got great ping you could become somewhat akin to a beast in arena and effective agaijst most classes, maybe not destro.

BM in my perspective is one of the few classes with little room for error, and in most matchups a tiny error can cost you huge, so in regards to that I think BM has an higher overall cap, but both generally excel howevet BDs do great against summoners, well the bad ones so you could get a decent climb to plat once you covered your basics.

If you have alot of time/money to throw away, BM can be fun.

If you don't have alot of time/money, stay away from BM.

BM require more dedication/addiction than any other class in order to be decent. In both PvE and PvP.

PvE, BM lack the utility or dps to solo farm dungeon as fast as other classes, hence gearing up is slower than other class unless u have alt to make up for it.

5 hours ago, fhoeng said:

If you have alot of time/money to throw away, BM can be fun.

If you don't have alot of time/money, stay away from BM.

BM require more dedication/addiction than any other class in order to be decent. In both PvE and PvP.

PvE, BM lack the utility or dps to solo farm dungeon as fast as other classes, hence gearing up is slower than other class unless u have alt to make up for it.

I agree. BM requires a dedication and loads of time/money. For it to be as efficient as any other class I say it needs at least 2 levels higher tier gear. Not even mentioning skillbooks and HM5. Even then if you have bad ping or simply are unable to use proper rotations/iframe you will fail. 

Personally, I say BM is very good in PvE (with half decent gear) but everything needs more effort and skill. Well, I kinda changed my mind after levelling few other classes which seemed to me almost effortless and 3x faster.

Both are rubbish in PvE. Play a Summoner or Force Master if you want to excel at PvE. Their damage is far superior and far easier to pull off. 90% of the abilities in boss fights also revolve around melee dodging things, while ranged players can just mash the same combo over and over without having to know let alone worry about boss mechanics. Probably not as fun, but certainly more effective. Can't speak for Warlock yet.

As for PvP, BM and BD are basically the same thing. BD's combos are far easier to pull off but their damage when both are played well is about equal. Difference is however, a BM doesn't have any efficient defense. BMs get Block, which while defending you against attacks, has "defense penetration" counters and "defense cancel" counters. You know, the thing fighting games are ment to be built around: countering each other's moves. With the creation of BD and a lot of other classes though, that thought was thrown out of the window and they decided to give BDs near infinite amount of IMMUNITIES which can NOT be countered by "defense penetration/cancel" (or anything else, which is a terrible design).

That said, BD is amongst the top PvP classes. BM is the worst PvP class. Simple reason is that one has a counterable defensive ability, the other does not. BM is supposed to become good at level 50, but by then this game will be as dead as TERA is.

I'm a BM (not an expert or anything, struggling in PvP at ~1800) and never played BD, but here's my opinion.

In PVP, BM requires more effort than BD, seems harder for BM to set up a combo (Blade Call takes 5 secs to land and still we need to keep the opponent inside for 2 secs). During a 2~3s, BM cannot deal a massive amount of damage except when you have the lightning draw hongmoon skill (and it still hits 'only' for 7k, 10~11k on crit, 1 min CD). BM block is easily countered, skills that stun you on defense, DS grab, FM grip, BD grip, SU's cat grapple.

I don't know how it is for BD, but in general for me, I need to know a lot about other classes.

In PVE, BM has lot of burst but lower DPS than a BD. But BM can act as a tank, making the whole party life a lot easier. Feels like any class have more dps than I do.

Archived