Bots want to friend me now

Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously this is getting out of hand cant NC get their website taken down? cause cmon its not only ingame now its the forums. I actually had faith and i still have a little bit of hope until they roll out their bot fix but im starting to think they dont care i just really hope im wrong.

The only fast way to ban Bots is for GM's to go around in the gameworld and ban the bots they see which everyone can see are bots. Properly programmed bots are not detectable by any system NCSoft can implement (Including GameGuard), only by their behavior, which is obvious to most players. So hopefully they hire some people to go bot hunting :)

4 minutes ago, Newk said:

The only fast way to ban Bots is for GM's to go around in the gameworld and ban the bots they see which everyone can see are bots. Properly programmed bots are not detectable by any system NCSoft can implement (Including GameGuard), only by their behavior, which is obvious to most players. So hopefully they hire some people to go bot hunting :)

Well honestly i was all for that but 1 it isnt fair to the gms and 2 that wouldent be really effective in the long run which is why i say why not take down their websites? im sure they can as it is against their TOS

They care. They've now addressed this several times.

It's REALLY hard to get rid of these cockroaches. So long as players continue to fund them, the spammers will continue to ply their trade through any means necessary, including on the forums.

And, from what I've gathered over the last few years, these sites are overseas where NCsoft can't really do anything about it, but not 100% on that part.

15 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Well honestly i was all for that but 1 it isnt fair to the gms and 2 that wouldent be really effective in the long run which is why i say why not take down their websites? im sure they can as it is against their TOS

Many have tried and failed. They usually host a place where they are safe from such take-down requests. Their only optionn would be to DDOS their sites. :P

1 hour ago, Newk said:

Many have tried and failed. They usually host a place where they are safe from such take-down requests. Their only optionn would be to DDOS their sites. :P

True but cant they add a filter or some system where the names of the websites results in mute or ban? although it could be bypassed quite easily but still ive seen games implement anti bot systems and were successful idk why NC/devs dont. I just hope what they are working on is gonna fix everything and that they are not just saying they are working on it just saying "we always are"

2 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

Seriously this is getting out of hand cant NC get their website taken down? cause cmon its not only ingame now its the forums. I actually had faith and i still have a little bit of hope until they roll out their bot fix but im starting to think they dont care i just really hope im wrong.

Even though they have said many times that they are working on a long term solution rather than a short term as in just manually banning each and every bot they see.

It's not a simple process in just getting rid of the bots since the bot makers are as smart and will bother to find a bypass for most solutions.

Have patience than being the same as everyone else spamming the forums when they spot a bot.

15 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Even though they have said many times that they are working on a long term solution rather than a short term as in just manually banning each and every bot they see.

It's not a simple process in just getting rid of the bots since the bot makers are as smart and will bother to find a bypass for most solutions.

Have patience than being the same as everyone else spamming the forums when they spot a bot.

im not spamming whenever ive seen a bot ive made 1 post, i know its not a simple process and i know how bots work im just really hoping their system that they are working on works because its getting way out of hand like into a serious issue

11 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

im not spamming whenever ive seen a bot ive made 1 post, i know its not a simple process and i know how bots work im just really hoping their system that they are working on works because its getting way out of hand like into a serious issue

They know it's a serious issue.

There's no need to make a thread about it if you're hoping they are working on it.

It'll just draw more negative comments or the same, "NCsoft doesn't care", comments and basically revolve around little to no faith.

The best is to have volunteers who can moderate cross dungeons. 

You dont even need to ban them, move them to a place where they can only be moved out by a GM.  

The ones who dont respond after a couple minutes to complain they cant get out of a room are obviously bots and a kill can happen in that room.

Hence no one gets a unwarrented ban.... your just stuck in a room which you cant get out with a GM moving you.  

51 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

They know it's a serious issue.

There's no need to make a thread about it if you're hoping they are working on it.

It'll just draw more negative comments or the same, "NCsoft doesn't care", comments and basically revolve around little to no faith.

I made this thread for a discussion and the only negative comments i see here are yours

17 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

Not fair to the GMs?  This is their job.  This is a fantasy game for customers, but it's the GMs RL, for RL money to pay the rent, buy food and to get health coverage.  You think it's less fair to have people policing a video game than having people flipping burgers or cleaning toilets all day?

1 minute ago, rocdog said:

Not fair to the GMs?  This is their job.  This is a fantasy game for customers, but it's the GMs RL, for RL money to pay the rent, buy food and to get health coverage.  You think it's less fair to have people policing a video game than having people flipping burgers or cleaning toilets all day?

Well ive never heard of the job title bot banner so idk

It is really annoying... I've had around 100 friends requests spam since yesterday... I even accepted one so I can add their character in the spammers list but they can still send a friend request.

The issue here is that we can only block characters and not an account via the ingame friend system.

Wow. I hope NC does something soon. Like take legal action against the owners of the website. Because until these things go away, they're not getting a dime from me.

"Hey man, you playing B&S?"

"Whats B&S?"

"Bot and Spam."

Archived