This is very disrespectful of you, NCSOFT.

Speras

I, along many others, I can safely presume, have been having problem 4909. We've submitted tickets, and I believe I'm one of the lucky few to have received responses from them. 

I notified them of my problem, and they sent me an e-mail asking me to attach my .erl files, and I've sent it to them. Great, no response for an entire day. I continuously message them and politely ask for any update, and after nearly 5 requests, I get another e-mail asking me to do the following. "  To start, I would like to get some basic information about your hardware and drivers so we can see how you are running the game. To do this, we use a Windows command called ""DxDiag." and "  Once saved, I would also like to review your running processes with a program called Hi-jack this "

Now correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't recall ANY MMO requiring me to do this. I'm locked out of favorite game, I don't have a respectful customer service team aiding me, or seemingly anyone... Not only that, they're broadcasting a steam later on tonight at 4 AM in my zone (approximately 8 hours from when I'm writing this), to probably show off how great their game is going, showcast the Warlock, which many of us want to play and still aren't able to, and pretty much ignore our voices. It is at that time that I'd kindly request we show up to the stream and demand answers to the questions we're asking and having ignored. I've done things that are potentially harmful to my computer, in order to try to get this game working, something NO MMO should ask from its players, and I'm stuck pretty much doing nothing but waiting for a respond that is most probably going to be a scripted answer. 

For a company with once many successful MMO's underneath their belt ( Lineage, Aion (Pre3.0), and now Blade and Soul), I think all of us would request better service. Game-Guard is not doing its job and I'm very sure that there are other choices out there. You can at least tell us why you chose Gameguard over other security programs that don't demand so much from our PC like gameguard. Not a single damn answer. 

While it's easy for you to ignore our complaints, and frankly? I couldn't blame you for doing so- It's easy to escape and laugh at all of those unfortunate people who can't play the game. I, and many others who can't play this game yet, would appreciate- demand, an answer from you.

SPEAK TO YOUR DAMN COMMUNITY AND UPDATE US.

Kind regards,

People who can't play Blade and Soul due to your poor judgement, NCSOFT.

Hijackthis is a Program that scans common locations on your computer from which malware is usually installed/

HijackThis (also HiJackThis or HJT) is a free and open-source[2] tool to detect malware and adware on Microsoft Windows. It was originally created by Merijn Bellekom, and later sold to Trend Micro. The program is notable for quickly scanning a user's computer to display the most common locations of malware, rather than relying on adatabase of known spyware. HijackThis is used primarily for diagnosis of malware, not to remove or detect spyware—as uninformed use of its removal facilities can cause significant software damage to a computer. Browser hijacking can cause malware to be installed on a computer.  ~Wikipedia

11 minutes ago, Zel said:

Oi, Aion wasn't shit til post 4.0. Come on man.

The DxDiag request is normal enough, but the Hi-Jack this, that's sketchy as hell. Like, SUPER sketchy.

I send a ticket and they ask me for these things too. I have been thinking for it for like 15 minutes and then decide to do the Hi-Jack thing too. After that they send me another way to repair the game (The MSCONFIG solution they actually have in their support page), of course it didn't work neither. They asked me to do something with my cmd.exe but for now I can't help them with that, because my computer got an error and now I have to format it.
So... For now, we have to help them as much as we can. I'm actually pretty angry because I want to play and I KNOW nothing of this would have happend without GameGuard, but oh well... Please, try to help them as mush as you can. I would do it but for now, I can't.

However mine was for the error 4049.

Thank you for your replies, but why am I being asked to download external programs and send them more and more information about my PC? Not a single MMORPG has given me such requests? And the bigger question at hand, why aren't they addressing this? Why won't anyone give us any updates? Why are they speaking to their community? 

It's not nice being ignored all the while....

And many of us still can't play the game!

FFS I like this game, and I wan't to play like all of us want to! Stop locking us out! 

Great, and now they want me to do an MSCONFIG and a cmd related execution.... 

I'll be doing that, but I'll be returning to their stream which I will be up for, tired, and sleepy, to voice the concerns of many others.

I really hope this works, and even if it does, we shouldn't be asked to give so much information and so much stuff to a play game that was functioning normally a few days ago.

35 minutes ago, Speras said:

12 minutes ago, Speras said:

Thank you for your replies, but why am I being asked to download external programs and send them more and more information about my PC? Not a single MMORPG has given me such requests? And the bigger question at hand, why aren't they addressing this? Why won't anyone give us any updates? Why are they speaking to their community? 

Sorry, but this is one example I have used on this forum a few times already ... Here it comes ...

You: "Doc, I have this pain, can you give me something to help stop the pain?"

Doc: "Sure, can you describe it the pain to me"

You: "It has been hurting for the past couple of days, what should I take to stop the pain?"

Doc: "Here, take two of these and call me in the morning."

Can anyone help this pain and tell me the issue here?

NCS Support (doc), is trying to find out what can be the possible problem, but you, refuse to let them look into the possible causes? How can they help you here?

just got this 4049 error now. client worked perfectly b4 the patch, so i know this isnt my fault. i dont even know what i did to cause this (if it really was me, which i highly doubt).

honestly, once i got this, didnt even need to look up on the forums to see if theres others too with this same problem. 

if something goes wrong with the game, i can just immediately assume ncwest cricketed somewhere. i think this is an issue. lol.

welp, guess ill do something else in the meantime. 

Edit: errrm, opened up task manager > close bns > restart client.

apparently the program was still up. all i had to do was exit it in Task Manager. 

never had this happen to BnS b4. 

4 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Hmm, you have an issue, submitted a support ticket, and they are asking you to provide detail of drivers that is running on your computer so they can help you with possible problems. What is wrong with this? The apps they asked you to use are trusted apps.

ThisJackThis is an open source program that "A free utility that finds malware and other threats" and has been around longer then BnS.

Yea but the thing is i dont know that and it is odd how they use a 3rd party program to troubleshoot as i havent seen that being done with other games support. I mean sure its probably a good program but it kinda makes feel uncomfortable having it 

So I did what they exactly asked me to do, and i've updated them with every stage of the process... but it is still not working on my PC.

And now they want an additional HiJack report... Like, sure I'll do it, but the name does sound kinda weird, don't you guys deny...

Day 2, and still no address from NCSOFT, I can anticipate tonight's stream being riddled with questions about gameguard... 

Anywho, I'm doing what they want from me. Let's hope they fix this soon. The game's fine, just the CS that's pissing many people off...

lmao, 10/10. Would download suspicious program again. Other great names for programs could be:

The_Virus

(Merely checks your network connections :>)

Malware1

(Makes sure you're not admin on your system)

LuLzSec

(Totally never leaves any open firewall ports)

Terminator

(Makes your client a bot for BNS, lol)

25 minutes ago, Speras said:

It's not nice being ignored all the while....

And many of us still can't play the game!

FFS I like this game, and I wan't to play like all of us want to! Stop locking us out! 

Great, and now they want me to do an MSCONFIG and a cmd related execution.... 

I'll be doing that, but I'll be returning to their stream which I will be up for, tired, and sleepy, to voice the concerns of many others.

I really hope this works, and even if it does, we shouldn't be asked to give so much information and so much stuff to a play game that was functioning normally a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Laethiel said:

I did it, buddy...

and it didn't work..

I swear I tried everything, checked my task manager, and everything...

I didn't disappoint Shia... but I'm disappointed because I have free time I want to spend on a game I like, and the company behind it is pretty much remaining idle about it. 

:(

32 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Yea but the thing is i dont know that and it is odd how they use a 3rd party program to troubleshoot as i havent seen that being done with other games support. I mean sure its probably a good program but it kinda makes feel uncomfortable having it 

The IT Administrator side of me wants to go off hard about this but, the rational side of me that doesn't want yet another forum vacation is keeping me in check. The program in and of itself is, if used as intended, relatively harmless. As long as you're comfortable with a multi billion dollar company using freeware (From *cricket* Trend Nyerking Micro of all places) off sourceforge that hasn't been updated in 5 months to do basic process analysis that could have been done in a cmdlet... it's fine! It really is quite odd, but all it sounds like they're doing is searching for startup programs and background/hidden processes that would cause conflicts with their system (GameGuard 4Head FailFish NotLikeThis). 

1 hour ago, Zel said:

The IT Administrator side of me wants to go off hard about this but, the rational side of me that doesn't want yet another forum vacation is keeping me in check. The program in and of itself is, if used as intended, relatively harmless. As long as you're comfortable with a multi billion dollar company using freeware (From *cricket* Trend Nyerking Micro of all places) off sourceforge that hasn't been updated in 5 months to do basic process analysis that could have been done in a cmdlet... it's fine! It really is quite odd, but all it sounds like they're doing is searching for startup programs and background/hidden processes that would cause conflicts with their system (GameGuard 4Head FailFish NotLikeThis). 

I see you made an Aion and B&S reference there. What's frustrating is that I'm fine with this, but their lack of communication with their community, and updates, not a single reason why they suddenly implemented this into the system and what not... 
They're standing idle, while we're pretty much biting dust, and that's not fair of them.

We're going to talk to them on the stream happening later on tonight. I pray they hear our concerns and give us some answers.

Since you're an IT administrator, what are your thoughts on gameguard? Is it yay or nay? Do you think it was a wise move by NCSOFT? Am I simply ignorant and there are some things I'm not aware of? Or are our concerns in place and justified? 
Would appreciate an answer on those ^^

The error is not the real broblem for me. The REAL broblem is that GG shuts all antivirus softwares and they cant restart while its on and usually require me to restart my computer. So even if I didnt get the error I wouldnt play without any antivirus on. So unless I go around the GG or they fix it I cant play att all.

17 minutes ago, Speras said:

I see you made an Aion and B&S reference there. What's frustrating is that I'm fine with this, but their lack of communication with their community, and updates, not a single reason why they suddenly implemented this into the system and what not... 
They're standing idle, while we're pretty much biting dust, and that's not fair of them.

We're going to talk to them on the stream happening later on tonight. I pray they hear our concerns and give us some answers.

Since you're an IT administrator, what are your thoughts on gameguard? Is it yay or nay? Do you think it was a wise move by NCSOFT? Am I simply ignorant and there are some things I'm not aware of? Or are our concerns in place and justified? 
Would appreciate an answer on those ^^

It's absolute worthless trash, and has been since it was created. It's only gotten more invasive, more worthless and more of a security risk to your personal computer as time has gone on. At its core Gameguard is just a glorified Rootkit. A very poor one with no constraints or bounds on its operation which is why it interferes with so many programs like Mouse/Keyboard programs, AV suites etc. The real nyerk of it is though, some of that MIGHT be, and I say this very loosely, MIGHT be acceptable if it actual stopped hacking programs and automated scripts. But it doesn't. Gameguard is universally hailed as the easiest Anti-hack tool to bypass, with workaround commonly coming out within HOURS after an update. Dunno if you ever played S4 League but that game used GameGuard as well, almost every game had at least 1 hacker. You can disable the damn thing with a DLL for Christ sake (Please don't this is bannable). The real core of GameGuards issue is that in this iteration it's entirely Client side, I don't care how good or advanced your anti-cheat tool is if it's 100% client side it's worthless. BnS Decided NOT to implement the Heartbeat feature. Haven't a damn clue why either.

tl;dr: It does literally nothing to stop the issues we're experiencing, it hurts actual players more than it punishes offenders, historically has been the easiest to crack anti-cheat system (Aside from Punk Buster but they're dead aside from APB rofl), it's probably only being used because of some Online security clause and they were the cheapest to implement.

Fun Fact - Aion was going to have GG, but it was dropped during the closed beta because of all the problems it caused and the public outcry. Gee, this all looks super familiar...

1 hour ago, Zel said:

It's absolute worthless trash, and has been since it was created. It's only gotten more invasive, more worthless and more of a security risk to your personal computer as time has gone on. At its core Gameguard is just a glorified Rootkit. A very poor one with no constraints or bounds on its operation which is why it interferes with so many programs like Mouse/Keyboard programs, AV suites etc. The real nyerk of it is though, some of that MIGHT be, and I say this very loosely, MIGHT be acceptable if it actual stopped hacking programs and automated scripts. But it doesn't. Gameguard is universally hailed as the easiest Anti-hack tool to bypass, with workaround commonly coming out within HOURS after an update. Dunno if you ever played S4 League but that game used GameGuard as well, almost every game had at least 1 hacker. You can disable the damn thing with a DLL for Christ sake (Please don't this is bannable). The real core of GameGuards issue is that in this iteration it's entirely Client side, I don't care how good or advanced your anti-cheat tool is if it's 100% client side it's worthless. BnS Decided NOT to implement the Heartbeat feature. Haven't a damn clue why either.

tl;dr: It does literally nothing to stop the issues we're experiencing, it hurts actual players more than it punishes offenders, historically has been the easiest to crack anti-cheat system (Aside from Punk Buster but they're dead aside from APB rofl), it's probably only being used because of some Online security clause and they were the cheapest to implement.

Fun Fact - Aion was going to have GG, but it was dropped during the closed beta because of all the problems it caused and the public outcry. Gee, this all looks super familiar...

Oh my...
Thank you so much for your time to write a well explained response. So GameGuard is the one responsible for all of this. Again, thank you very much. 

Then it is pretty much settled. I'll wait for their stream and drink my coffee to last for 6 more hours and voice my concerns then. I really hope they become answered and we can fix this game which has so much potential for all of those who can't play.

You're awesome buddy, and it's great to have some insight onto this so that others can understand what this product does.

^^ 

2 minutes ago, Speras said:

Oh my...
Thank you so much for your time to write a well explained response. So GameGuard is the one responsible for all of this. Again, thank you very much. 

Then it is pretty much settled. I'll wait for their stream and drink my coffee to last for 6 more hours and voice my concerns then. I really hope they become answered and we can fix this game which has so much potential for all of those who can't play.

You're awesome buddy, and it's great to have some insight onto this so that others can understand what this product does.

^^ 

No problem, not like I have anything better to do while I'm at work. GameGuard done broke my mouse inverter program too. rip.

23 minutes ago, Zel said:

Sounds like DRM

Archived