Getting harder to be motivated to play

WK

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone.

First off I want to say my experience in Blade and Soul has mostly been a positive one.  It's a fun game and the combat system was something I've never experienced with MMOs.  It's probably the first MMO in a long time that I really wanted to experience endgame content that wasn't WoW.  In addition, Its another game my GF and I can play together.  We love doing dailies (pvp ones included) and just spending time together when we are about 300 miles apart.

However, there is a major issue with the game that is killing my experience and fun with the game.  The optimization.  I have a computer that can run every game on the highest settings (Including FFXIV and WoW) and get a solid 60+ FPS.  With the recent patch and gamegaurd being reactivated it somehow got worse.  I was doing tag matches yesterday and every time I would assist or go in to draw stance (I play a BD FYI), it would just start getting choppy and it was nearly impossible to hit anything.  In addition I noticed certain abilities caused a slight hiccup in the framerate that would prevent me from doing certain combos.  For example, I no longer use Blitzblade in my aerial combo because I've notice hiccups using this ability.  When I get a hiccup, the next frame I see is the guy on the ground and I can't finish the combo.  Other frustrating examples is I'll get hiccups during enemy players abilities,  I try to get a spin off to parry but the game already has me in a stun and I unintentionally use my escape since they are keybind on the same button.

I've also missed out on alot of World PVE and PVP due to this issue.  I tried BW for about 2 minutes and just gave up.  I couldn't avoid anything due to the frame rate issue.  Also, I can't count the numbers of times I missed out on getting credit on the mystery man because of all the player's abilities being used and causing my game to freeze.

My mind set in the game is not, "What is the best course of action to defeat this boss," but its "What do i have to do to hit the boss enough times to get credit, before the frame rate becomes unplayable."  

In arena, I want to play and learn from mistakes I made and adjust.  I don't mind losing but when I get screwed over due to a hiccup, it irritates me.

I'm missing out on the full potential of this game.  I would love to continue playing but lately its been getting very frustrating.  I've put up with it since early launch but now I'm at a point where I ask myself, "Why bother."  

I hope NCSofts uses this feedback as well as the other player's feedback that enjoy the game as much as I do.  We would like to continue supporting you NCSoft.

Thank you,

One thing I like to add,

FPS is very good in Mushins tower but the fps hiccups are still there.  Mushin's tower is probably the most enjoyable content for me right now.  Still have to omit certain skills due to this issue.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, WK said:

One thing I like to add,

FPS is very good in Mushins tower but the fps hiccups are still there.  Mushin's tower is probably the most enjoyable content for me right now.  Still have to omit certain skills due to this issue.

Thanks.

As Mushin is single player experience it really is great fps-wise but the typical issue with huge latency in dungeons is tremendous issue there as you can't relly on somebody else taking the hit.

Archived