This class is a joke.

Silvanthis

1 hour ago, Kiriu said:

u guys are just trash i do the highest amout of dmg in my guild and we all have around the same ap plus the dragon helix is mobile if being still is a problem dragon call is more stationary but high damage if u have hm skill book so go learn the class b4 u start complaining

A wild troll appeared! XD

If you make the most damage than you have no ForceMasters and Scummoners in your guild. 

And i don't think you can tell me trash if i'm in the top 250/300. 

So go and try to troll others kiddo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you do realize once we get the hongmoon skill and spec for dragoncall and time distortion we can do about 200k damage over the 3 seconds of time distortion right... thats why warlocks are not "underpowered" we do insane damage thats all im trying to say here

when i was doing that serpent costume daily quest, with fm and wl at same lvl36, same gears i found by using wl it was quit easy to complete this quest, i didnt even use a single pot and my wl hp didnt even drop below 60%, however with fm i dont know for me it was hard to do this quest i used many pots and almost died, because i dont play pvp so cant judge a lot about wl in pvp, but in pve if you use a wl you may need to have a good time on when to cast dragon call or helix, and v, so far what i think about wl is a quit good class for pve 

27 minutes ago, eric11zhao said:

when i was doing that serpent costume daily quest, with fm and wl at same lvl36, same gears i found by using wl it was quit easy to complete this quest, i didnt even use a single pot and my wl hp didnt even drop below 60%, however with fm i dont know for me it was hard to do this quest i used many pots and almost died, because i dont play pvp so cant judge a lot about wl in pvp, but in pve if you use a wl you may need to have a good time on when to cast dragon call or helix, and v, so far what i think about wl is a quit good class for pve 

Yes.

WL is good in PVE and dead in PVP.

FM is hard in PVP and PVE, but lot better at the end.

I main an FM and my alt is Warlock. Currently my Warlock is lv 49 while FM is lv 50 hm 2

I pretty much soloing everything on Warlock from the start for the story and open world quests,the only thing I didn't solo are heroic dungeons

They hit good but a bit squishy,pretty much a glass cannon AoE nuker imo

But must say that in endgame dungeons,or more likely 24-man field dungeon my FM have higher survivability and attack rate than my Warlock,even when compared they still lv 45

The fact that FM can do barraging with LMB+RMB unlike Warlock is the thing that made my FM more superior

I was once soloing Mak Sobo on E Fleet by accident and I can handle him pretty well even down his HP to 36% until a Sin and Warlock came to kill Mak Sobo

What makes FM more superior than Warlock is the fact that they are more mobile than Warlock despite they don't have actual block skill,while some Warlock skills requires them to stay in place otherwise the skill will cancelled/not optimal

But both are good class and they have their own roles in party,although I prefer choosing my FM for everything else xD

On 12/3/2016 at 8:48 PM, Karurosuda said:

This.
I've lost count on how many times I''ve pulled aggro in my group, and there were KFMs and BMs there who's jobs are to KEEP aggro. Class is far from a joke imo, but obviously not the best either. I agree that most of these complaints seem to warrant a large cup of git gud as well, most of them don't even cross my mind when I play my lock. 

Plus, you know you guys are begging for soulburn.

Omg yes I went to Naryu Labyrinth couple of times for my dailies and mind you,I'm still lv 48-49 with True Profane and 332 AP,with mixed Labyrinth+BSH soulshield,I was the only one that not lv 50 there yet I can't count how many times I pulled aggro on Fujin despite there's a KFM and Destroyer,which both are lv 50HM6.

Same goes when I went to Ogong Folly,once again,I am the only one that isn't lv 50 yet I keep pulling aggro :T

Personally i have just leveled my warlock coz of event and my main was KFM at that time but high ping and those new maps especially soulstone plains, made me focus on warlock more coz i couldn't get any quest done let alone to grind some prestige.

I had no issues in pve with warlock with anything, soloing dungeons and stuff was rather easy; root, block and solid healing from wingstorm which cd can be reset multiple times made stuff rather simple.

Now my gear isnt the best thing out there but my setup is mostly helix + that no aggro bombardment which makes stuff simple and i almost always get loot on world bosses and rarely aggro (430ap) but yeah compared to my lowbie FM (can't stand playing as lyn thus no summoner) once you hit most  CDs there is nothing to do except spam right click and hope for rapture proc.

Now thats just pve and in pve like i said its not be best but better(well easier) then most melee classes which is hardly anything new XD

But PVP is pure B&S. I had easy time when i started with only silver rank won most of times vs bad players and bots but once i got to gold my god i can't even finish dailys.

First i thought its just me sucking at pvp and my high ping but after fair number of practice matches vs some random ppl, it become obvious that i can't do a shit aginst them.

One way or another there was nothing that i could do but to wait from them to waste something or do something stupid but then you had 2nd round and gg.

Sorry but talking about unlocking that last row of certain skills is bull as well especially if actual unlocking gona be anything similar to what we already have, major and annoying grind.

Beside once we get those other classes will as well so what can you do but to hope that those buffs will be stronger or at least even to buffs that other classes will get.

If its to judge by those half a**** tooltip discriptions that we have in game atm i would not say so...

On 4/6/2016 at 8:37 PM, Kiriu said:

you do realize once we get the hongmoon skill and spec for dragoncall and time distortion we can do about 200k damage over the 3 seconds of time distortion right... thats why warlocks are not "underpowered" we do insane damage thats all im trying to say here

You will deal 0 dmg to anyone in pvp with this combo, cuz everything will be blocked, and after its over you will be eliminated cuz every other class has 5 times lower skill cooldown then WL has, and they can survive much more then WL can!

Yas WL can melt those noob faces whos just spaming skills, but any good player will run when hes under the protection skill or just stand and negate all dmg you do to him.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:37 PM, Kiriu said:

On 4/6/2016 at 9:59 PM, GreenOwl said:

Warlock was created to be PARTY SUPPORT, not SOLO PVP.

Blade and Soul was created mainly focusing PVP, and they want to go with it to E Sports, so every class has to be playeble in solo pvp, but WL right now is a joke in pvp.

People already leaving in big numbers cuz off this unbalanced play + hackers in pvp and pve content + Bots + FPS drop in pvp after some maches ( and you cant fix them unless you relounch the game, and that just anoying) and until we get thos balance paches, this game can go soo low that ppl just wont come back, cuz other games are coming out and they wont disapoint that much like BnS. I love this game but all the stuff and things destroing this game will get just to much, and ppl will go somewere else to haw fun and not think about hacks and bots. 

• 2 weeks later...

honestly warlock is OP in pve.

The buff resets all cooldown which is pretty much freaking OP since the dragon helix (not dragon call) can be spammed 3 times after you cast the V ability (Wingstorm).

Dealing more then 30k damage if your a basic lvl 50.

However. Theres always a however.

Warlock is freaking useless in 1v1 PvP.

Battle any class which is played by a player and warlock instantly gets rekted.

Lets start with why.

Warlock has alot of stun, knockdown and snares skill. Which is good.

Other classes has alot of resist and escape skills. This makes our long ass cooldown snares pretty much useless. once they resist. Whelp we are down to a 30 second cooldown. 

Take a good assassin vs a good warlock.

Stealth and half of our skills become useless. Get stunned and escape before they do massive dps? They just head back to stealth. 

Blade dancer vs warlock

Spin = resist to snares. They wait out your thrall and your pretty much useless in that 10 second in which they stun lock you and deal massive dps to you. 

Force Master vs warlock

They Ice you and you cant turn, making them untargetable. Half of our skills become useless, and while your snared in ice. they can still attack you.

Say you are able to target them. They simply Ice and heal 25% of their hp. 

Dont forget we only have 3 escape skills including SS.

Need I say about other classes?

Next is the DPS.

Warlock only has only ONE skill which actually penetrates block and parry skills. The rest.... well screw it right?

You can deal roughly 30-40k dps within 3 seconds but its not enough. Once your in that 30 second cooldown. Your pretty much screwed. 

Get phantom gripped or the summoners cat mount, and your pretty much stuck, and you lose that 1v1 duel. 

When you summon your thrall. People just leave the area and run to the other side of the arena to wait for your thrall to despawn.

Another thing. While some may say warlock's pvp dps is freaking high and yes I do agree, our defence is freaking low as well which basically makes us a glass cannon to all 1v1 PVP classes.

Again. Warlock is only good for PVE. Useless in 1v1 PVP. 

3v3 is better as there are people to take the heat off you. 

Heya folks,

after recent patch and 6vs6 pvp introduction i get more and more pissed at WL... as ppl get more Hm points/get their Hm skills WL falls more and more behind other classes...every 2nd Bm seems to have the pve lightning hit skill that crits for like 12-13k on WLs, Kfms got enough points to use their root/snare breaking charge after parry while i *cricket*ing cant get my *cricket*ing anoying *cricket*ing useles pet off him with E.. bladecancer and sins just try combo over combo on you then run if they fail and finally get 1 *cricket*ing combo through after 3mins running and you *cricket*ing die in ONE *cricket*ING combo. Noob Scums and Destros are only class to farm easily atm but as soon they know how to play their defense abilitys vs us we lose. Well and Fm...dont really need to talk about that class...FM isnt OP in general. Its just *cricket*ING OP vs WLs you cant beat them ever if they are at least half as good as you are you *cricket*ing lose ! There s literally no *cricket*ing class that cant beat Wl with at least 51%winchance ( 1on1 on same skill lvl of players)

Thats for 1on1/3on3...

6on6... O M F G we suck. SUCK SOOO *cricket*ING BAD! im no uber pve gear hero i only got bout 60k hp 55% crit 191% crit severity and 531 ap but no matter how id improve my gear this class is *cricket*ing useless in 6on6 because we lack ANY def cds that actually  protect us from multiple enemys. as soon you get attacked by 2 or more enemys you can only die. simply DIE within seconds. we cant spin, iceblock, stealth or use fancy immun to range dmg skills or got additional q/e evade/dodges. Z is *cricket*ing useless no matter if you use stage 1 or 2. Five attacks or 20% of your hp is useless vs 2(or more enemys) C stage 3 is useless to since enemys will just use pbaoe attacks (given the sanctum does actually work wich it doesnt very often) that leaves us with ss and block... by far the weakest def skill combo ingame atm and as soon ppl realise to just attack Wls first all the time we ll have way worse times in 6on6 then atm wich is bad alrdy...

IF they dont soon do sth with this class im gonna quit its just anyoing and stopped beeing fun quit a while ago...

Greetz PEST

10 hours ago, Pestiferius said:

Heya folks,

after recent patch and 6vs6 pvp introduction i get more and more pissed at WL... as ppl get more Hm points/get their Hm skills WL falls more and more behind other classes...every 2nd Bm seems to have the pve lightning hit skill that crits for like 12-13k on WLs, Kfms got enough points to use their root/snare breaking charge after parry while i *cricket*ing cant get my *cricket*ing anoying *cricket*ing useles pet off him with E.. bladecancer and sins just try combo over combo on you then run if they fail and finally get 1 *cricket*ing combo through after 3mins running and you *cricket*ing die in ONE *cricket*ING combo. Noob Scums and Destros are only class to farm easily atm but as soon they know how to play their defense abilitys vs us we lose. Well and Fm...dont really need to talk about that class...FM isnt OP in general. Its just *cricket*ING OP vs WLs you cant beat them ever if they are at least half as good as you are you *cricket*ing lose ! There s literally no *cricket*ing class that cant beat Wl with at least 51%winchance ( 1on1 on same skill lvl of players)

Thats for 1on1/3on3...

6on6... O M F G we suck. SUCK SOOO *cricket*ING BAD! im no uber pve gear hero i only got bout 60k hp 55% crit 191% crit severity and 531 ap but no matter how id improve my gear this class is *cricket*ing useless in 6on6 because we lack ANY def cds that actually  protect us from multiple enemys. as soon you get attacked by 2 or more enemys you can only die. simply DIE within seconds. we cant spin, iceblock, stealth or use fancy immun to range dmg skills or got additional q/e evade/dodges. Z is *cricket*ing useless no matter if you use stage 1 or 2. Five attacks or 20% of your hp is useless vs 2(or more enemys) C stage 3 is useless to since enemys will just use pbaoe attacks (given the sanctum does actually work wich it doesnt very often) that leaves us with ss and block... by far the weakest def skill combo ingame atm and as soon ppl realise to just attack Wls first all the time we ll have way worse times in 6on6 then atm wich is bad alrdy...

IF they dont soon do sth with this class im gonna quit its just anyoing and stopped beeing fun quit a while ago...

Greetz PEST

Don't pvp (even faction) as warlock and be happy =)

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:25 AM, Silvanthis said:

NC Soft never fails to fail. Turret classes don't work unless they pump out the dps to compensate for being still. Turrets need to hit like a turret. All the hype for the new class, all the time they had to work on it, and it's still a pile of shit. The thrall is useless, just give me another counter. This class is such a giant joke.

as far as the thrall go ya can set it up to sick it on the prey meaning have to do an close the dist attack..  so it is useful I sure ya just have not found way to use it. the fact that with it speed make it very deadly class all round

If you think Wl is bad, it's just not the class for you. It's definitely different from other classes but it's nowhere near garbage, it's actually very good.

A lot of people were expecting it to be a Summoner V2, of which is definitely isn't. If Thrall could do half of what kitty does, the class would be completely game-breaking. The class takes some work to adjust to, but it's very rewarding in both pvp and pve, don't hate on it so much lol

4 minutes ago, Kounat said:

If you think Wl is bad, it's just not the class for you. It's definitely different from other classes but it's nowhere near garbage, it's actually very good.

A lot of people were expecting it to be a Summoner V2, of which is definitely isn't. If Thrall could do half of what kitty does, the class would be completely game-breaking. The class takes some work to adjust to, but it's very rewarding in both pvp and pve, don't hate on it so much lol

I agree and it 1 of the class I love the most am I the world greatest no but I do enjoy it and have fun with it.

Just now, Dark Mage Michael said:

I agree and it 1 of the class I love the most am I the world greatest no but I do enjoy it and have fun with it.

Exactly, and it's a game so that's the point lmao

I always really enjoyed Warlock in the other versions but it wasn't my main class, but because of all the hate it received in NA and due to the lack of good Warlocks, I've started maining it here. It's so fun, I don't see why it gets so much hatred. It wasn't what you were hoping? Oh well, it happens, just move on and pick something else... People are confusing lol

The mainproblem atm (at least for me) is you simply need one single mistake to die vs almost any other class since the low hp/passive def stats. You fight BM,Kfm,Sin,BD,Destro,Scum match runs good for quit some time, enemy knows how to use his def shizzl vs wl so it takes time. especially sin/BD/BM can "tank" you like forever ( kiting on the first 2 and simpyl block spam the others) They attempt to land a combo, fail ( given you know how to ss/block and dont lag ) run/spin away or stealth or blockspam and repeat the process. can go for 2-3mins like that. you score some dmg on them and get them to 50% or 25% hp... then 1 single combo gets through/cat sits on you without cc break rdy etc etc and you insta drop death in place even from nearlay 100% hp... given that the only really uber wl burst is time dis (3min cd) wich also is redic easy to avoid, i just dont get why (ontop of crappy def skills) we also got lowest passive def stats/hp ingame ?

5 hours ago, Pestiferius said:

The mainproblem atm (at least for me) is you simply need one single mistake to die vs almost any other class since the low hp/passive def stats. You fight BM,Kfm,Sin,BD,Destro,Scum match runs good for quit some time, enemy knows how to use his def shizzl vs wl so it takes time. especially sin/BD/BM can "tank" you like forever ( kiting on the first 2 and simpyl block spam the others) They attempt to land a combo, fail ( given you know how to ss/block and dont lag ) run/spin away or stealth or blockspam and repeat the process. can go for 2-3mins like that. you score some dmg on them and get them to 50% or 25% hp... then 1 single combo gets through/cat sits on you without cc break rdy etc etc and you insta drop death in place even from nearlay 100% hp... given that the only really uber wl burst is time dis (3min cd) wich also is redic easy to avoid, i just dont get why (ontop of crappy def skills) we also got lowest passive def stats/hp ingame ?

Yes.

Warlock have lowest def, HP, block, dodge, crit (?), atack speed, move speed.

Reason why i dont main WL (who is fun as PVE support for farm), but i main KFM.

i have a kfm too super fun to play and little more challenging rotation wise then Wl...wish i could play him main but my crappy comp leaves me with no choice but playing ranged in pve (well comp isnt that crappy actually but still lags like hell with 10+ ppl arround no matter the settings and still does micro lags/lag spikes in 6ppl grps...)

this post is still going?, I'm ngl, but everyone was warned before this classes release, it isn't a Fail on NCWests part at the end of the day, FoTMs in any MMO normally end up over-nerfed and Underpowered in the Next season of pvp, generic MMORPG PvP balance has proved that time  and time again.

People on the forums, told u, as we get closer and closer to KRs current patch the WL does nothing but drop in power, they are bottom tier within pvp currently and if u talk to anyone who played this After its nerfs else where or a stream from a other client, they'll specifically tell you this class realistically only has Potiental PvE wise and is a PvE choice in the current match ups.

people persisted to say, they didn't mind sucking for a Season, they didn't mind facing how low the warlock goes, because of how much they love the class and would never abandon it, yet now ur faced with the issues ur complaining, it isn't NCWest balancing the class its NCKR a Different company. the class was Overpowered for a Year, we just never got to see that, it was obvious to get over-nerfed, it was obvious it'd suck by the time we got it, the class is not as bad as some make out, but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone can really deny the class has flaws where PvP is concerned integrated into its mechanics.

the class isn't appaulingly bad, neither is it garbage, it does have its strengths, just currently in the classes state you really have to play the class to its full potiental to realistically see it, is the class viable?.. that will depend on ur goals, u wont see this class in its current state reaching into any form of E-sports with any success, however Average ELO, u prolly could see some success with the class.

will warlock be buffed?... prolly not, its a party support class, it'd take a drastic change to balance this out for 1v1 enviroments, but that's something u have to accept.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've just gotten back into BnS and so I created a WL to have fun figuring I would just abandon the game like I did when it first came out because I would get bored of it. However, I've found that out of all the classes its the most fluent. So far reading this (and I'm going to assume the crying are my fellow NA players) I've seen that people don't like the rotion and complain the about the damage. I don't see the issues. Maybe there have been patches so far to fix this?

Anyways, maybe people are just salty because they wanted the pure nuker with high defense and high health. The squishiness is fair to the class because its damage is so high. Honestly, it even says when you select the class that its a glass cannon...

Archived