This class is a joke.

Silvanthis

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, duber said:

So glad I came across this thread before I rolled a lock.  Too bad, I was really looking forward to another good solo pve caster class.

depend son when ur looking at it.

Pre or after nerfs, the Pre-nerfed WL Was rocking out the Plays.. however now they are weak, Yes right now they can be half decent in a good players hands, I've seen them do some really good stuff where pvp is concerned.

however remember the class will get WORSE not better with 50 content, currently the 45 style seems to have softened the nerf to them, however at 50 u will feel how relentless that nerf really was.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dray0s said:

depend son when ur looking at it.

Pre or after nerfs, the Pre-nerfed WL Was rocking out the Plays.. however now they are weak, Yes right now they can be half decent in a good players hands, I've seen them do some really good stuff where pvp is concerned.

however remember the class will get WORSE not better with 50 content, currently the 45 style seems to have softened the nerf to them, however at 50 u will feel how relentless that nerf really was.

Sounds not good....

I changed it to my new Main <.<

I hope it gets buffed again....

43 minutes ago, DragonAlex said:

Sounds not good....

My experience has been completely contradictory to the people saying that the warlock is bad. Turret class? Hardly, I am fairly mobile, rarely having to stop to unload tons of DPS. People saying a warlock can't bring DPS obviously is playing the class wrong. Plain and simple. I often pull the aggro off the mobs, and it's become clear in a lot of dungeon runs I am doing lately that I am carrying most of the group.

Honestly, people that tell me the warlock just isn't good, I laugh at. I am far from the best, but this class is not suffering as badly as people proclaim it. It needs a few tweaks, but over all, the people saying that warlock just fails at everything, it's just obvious the class isn't for them or they were screwing up rotations completely. If you built decently, then the whole argument of "turreting" just becomes a non issue. The whole idea that the warlock has to stand still to do anything is an absolute joke and shows people don't get the class.

Yes, this class is very weak. You'd better stop playing it, because it's soooo weak

It's weak like a lemon, or some kind of weak kitten.

Stop playing Warlock immediately! It's the only way!

tbh it depends, I suck at the warlock, however plenty of warlocks are doing rly well with it, so it depends how well the class fits u realistically..

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, DragonAlex said:

Sounds not good....

KR was actually buffed recently, there is a small buff on its way which will make the class more viable again.

If they have sense they'll implement it with the 50 patch so the Warlock doesn't fall anymore

warlock the only class where everybody faceroll you , you are stun or grabbed you will take a combo in the face the reason you have no escape 

quell can stop some skill but i think this skill is nothing like bm parry or bd spin or destro spin is weak 

ine pve it's not a bad class i can't complain but in pvp 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Silvanthis said:

NC Soft never fails to fail. Turret classes don't work unless they pump out the dps to compensate for being still. Turrets need to hit like a turret. All the hype for the new class, all the time they had to work on it, and it's still a pile of shit. The thrall is useless, just give me another counter. This class is such a giant joke.

you should thank the nerf on December patch for that. they knew how to nerf Warlock, but don't know how to nerf the other OP classes. not only Thrall is useless, the commands have cd(dat 24sec CD on Q. i cried from laugh when i saw that bs) and you have to be immobile to use them. hahahaha

On 3/10/2016 at 1:28 PM, OkamiTsuchi said:

My experience has been completely contradictory to the people saying that the warlock is bad. Turret class? Hardly, I am fairly mobile, rarely having to stop to unload tons of DPS. People saying a warlock can't bring DPS obviously is playing the class wrong. Plain and simple. I often pull the aggro off the mobs, and it's become clear in a lot of dungeon runs I am doing lately that I am carrying most of the group.

Honestly, people that tell me the warlock just isn't good, I laugh at. I am far from the best, but this class is not suffering as badly as people proclaim it. It needs a few tweaks, but over all, the people saying that warlock just fails at everything, it's just obvious the class isn't for them or they were screwing up rotations completely. If you built decently, then the whole argument of "turreting" just becomes a non issue. The whole idea that the warlock has to stand still to do anything is an absolute joke and shows people don't get the class.

This.
I've lost count on how many times I''ve pulled aggro in my group, and there were KFMs and BMs there who's jobs are to KEEP aggro. Class is far from a joke imo, but obviously not the best either. I agree that most of these complaints seem to warrant a large cup of git gud as well, most of them don't even cross my mind when I play my lock. 

Plus, you know you guys are begging for soulburn.

4 hours ago, Yagion said:

you should thank the nerf on December patch for that. they knew how to nerf Warlock, but don't know how to nerf the other OP classes. not only Thrall is useless, the commands have cd(dat 24sec CD on Q. i cried from laugh when i saw that bs) and you have to be immobile to use them. hahahaha

The real sad thing is, that no GM plays Warlock, so nobody looks in this forum for it. They care a shit for our class...

Sadly with competent players.. Warlock DPS blows compared to Summoner / Forcemaster (Ranged classes)

Its dmg buff doesn't make up for the loss of damage compared to the other ranged options.

That and a Warlock without the Book is basically in Blade Dancer area with a buff on top.

Hopefully it gets a buff... Best way i can think is if the class would get  a lower cooldown leech.

Warlock currently in Korea is unbalanced atm I wished the devs actually balanced the class instead of butchering it but I guess they didn't have enough time a decided to do a nerf-to-the-ground and buff it later in order to stop the warlock meta, but we have to deal with is this mess until they actually give the class a proper balance patch. Also Force master will always be the highest dps range class, heck they have one of the hardest hitting skills in the entire game once lvl 50 is released so comparing it to warlock seems a bit farfetched.

20 hours ago, Kiaris said:

Sadly with competent players.. Warlock DPS blows compared to Summoner / Forcemaster (Ranged classes)

Its dmg buff doesn't make up for the loss of damage compared to the other ranged options.

That and a Warlock without the Book is basically in Blade Dancer area with a buff on top.

Hopefully it gets a buff... Best way i can think is if the class would get  a lower cooldown leech.

What kind of damage buff are YOU using, their tab buff skill is the strongest in the game (the only other one is KFM but WL is better). Also, WL dps right now is only slightly weak because we were given the class in the 45 patch, not the 50 patch like where it is meant to be. If you know how to play and manage Target/Brand, WL dps is decent compared to other classes.

1 hour ago, Azuhariet said:

What kind of damage buff are YOU using, their tab buff skill is the strongest in the game (the only other one is KFM but WL is better). Also, WL dps right now is only slightly weak because we were given the class in the 45 patch, not the 50 patch like where it is meant to be. If you know how to play and manage Target/Brand, WL dps is decent compared to other classes.

If your happy with just doing "Decent" damage then more power to you.. As its far from good damage.

In 4 man Content, WL is meh, in 6 man buff is amazing.

For example for my FM, if i have WL buff, and everything went perfect.. it nets me around +200k dmg in that 15 seconds with everything critting.    *IF* everything went perfect.

That requires Left/Right Click to Crit every time so i can chain F every global.  Which doesn't happen. So its more like 140k Bonus ish ?

(My FM has 460 AP  59% Crit)  

My group (3 of us) has a Fully geared WL/FM/2x SMN.      We have compared the damage and WL is behind by a large chunk.

Over a 2-3 Min Fight, the DPS gain from having a 2nd Summoner or 2nd Forcemaster  passes what the WL gains  with the buff across the party for 15 sec.

On top of that.. you compare what a lock brings outside of the buff to a party and its outclassed by far.

Warlock feels its a class for a party of Average Players, to help them push their Average DPS higher.

So far I do better with it than Force Master. 

The whole reliance of Thrall isn't really all that bad, that's like saying Summoner shouldn't be reliant on summon...

The whole problem with it for me personally is the stationary Block... We don't have FM Forcefield lol and Bastion as well as Sanctuary are absolute trash for defense, Sanctuary mostly, Bastion is useful on Mushin for the 1v1 fights. 

I really dont understand why people have to compare 3 completely different classes. FM.Summoner and warlock. Summoners dont require brain to use. And your cat does everything for you. FMS aint that hard to use eather. Out of all of those classes i'd say warlock is the toughest to use. It requires you to pay attention to your rotation and cooldowns. If you dont enjoy playing warlock then dont. But dont come here complaining that its complete trash when its not. I can easily outdps players with my locky and i have agro quite often in dungeons.  Warlock got nerfed yeees. that will happen to other classes at some point as well if they get too strong. And i used to play the "OP lock" it was bit too silly so nerf was in place. Only thing im hoping that Korea will fix is the nerf of our healing. Since we are squishy i dont understand why they nerfed our survival. 

Thrall isnt our dps its our support. We give attack power aura to the party or focus aura. Or if you solo gravity to pull the mobs. 

And in pvp i do just fine. Sure i lose to really good players but warlock isnt trash in any ways. Dps is good pvp is decent. And im100% sure warlock will just get stronger as korea will give us more boosts now that we got nerfed and we will be standing at the top once again at some point :)

On 3/3/2016 at 1:25 PM, Silvanthis said:

NC Soft never fails to fail.

honestly i think eus ver of warlocks are by miles better than their asian counterparts. believe me, ive been traumatized by how unfairly op they were on cn. tis the first time eu actually did sg well in terms of class balancing, so yeah our locks are cool but i do catch your reasoning ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the class is good but need some adjust lower CD on "ss"  rmb bombard take a lot of focus(3) make it to 2 and about the thrall just the "Q"  need lower CD also from 24 sec to 12 so we can use it 2 time every thrall call and the "F"  key were rupture and siphon are together need to be separated

I keep seeing all this whining in the forums and in game about Warlocks being terrible, but then why are there 3 warlocks in the top 50 in NA? "We'll look at how many other classes are in the top 50" is probably the dumbest excuse you could give, the reason why there are so few Warlocks in the top rankings is because people who play them would rather whine that they aren't able to faceroll the class like they expected they could and they probably haven't even bothered to read any skills. I'm now 2180 diamond warlock, which is really like gold since its on NA, but that is still the #435 in NA and #16 Warlock so they can't be all that bad. 

If all you can do is whine about your class being bad, when its not, then you'll never be able to enjoy the class you are playing because things change all the time with balancing and new things added. Also don't forget, we don't even have our HM Bombardment (RMB) or Sanctum (C) which are the two biggest HM Skills in the game for WL and we're STILL doing good without them.

u guys are just trash i do the highest amout of dmg in my guild and we all have around the same ap plus the dragon helix is mobile if being still is a problem dragon call is more stationary but high damage if u have hm skill book so go learn the class b4 u start complaining

Archived