Would you say there's been a pvp rating inflation?

I've always been around the Gold range, and have been in Gold for pretty much 90% of BnS since its open release.

But now I've reached Plat, but the Plat people I fought to make it up to 1900+ were not intimidating, neither were they more intimidating than some tough Gold opponents I've fought before. And personally I've been more busy lately so I don't get to play a lot of BnS, so I doubt I've just become a significantly better player.

With all the bots running around, and I've heard they've stretched from Bronze into even Platinum (although I don't see bots very often, I've fought maybe 1 bot), and even of people riding off of the bots themselves to get to high ranks... would you say that pvp ratings have inflated or stayed essentially the same?

Maybe? It's honestly hard to say. The bots created this weird barrier that keeps windowlickers from getting into gold, but on the other hand they've flooded the Gold/Plat (And Diamond if they're Summoner bots) to the point it feels like ranking has lost any practical meaning. Your rank is just what Soulstone bag you can trade for, not your skill in 1v1. At least until Mid/Upper Plat.

There is a clear inflation of the rating.

This was visible mostly after CBT, when the game transitioned from very few people playing arena to a shitload. My rating went up 300 points while my skill didn't change. I have to add, at that point there were no bots. At all. None.

Basically, higher population means higher rating for most people. I guess bots play a big role in this at the moment.

It is always harder get rating at the begin of the season. Every week inflate more and more. Once season reset again, you can notice how hard it is get platina in the first week again. Season is pretty old already and gonna reset soon.

Gets tough to say. Number of bots on the low end will give people an easy route to mid gold, but the number of people who have quit due to balance, ping, and other issues will counteract that. Additionally, higher tiers presently suffer from gatekeeping by bad actors -- cheating is still rampant. I would expect some inflation as the season goes on, but I think the game right now is just plain unhealthy. Future seasons may balance out a bit better.

Archived