Forums

So let me detail my experiences as a new player

Jirafe

When i first loaded up this game, i had been watching streams of it for a while and was very excited to play it. When i first hit 15 and tried out pvp i got SMASHED which i loved because im generally very good at the games i play, so to be a noob again felt great. I continued grinding until i hit 40 and really started hitting pvp hard and i have to say how disappointed i am in this games pvp... First and foremost: the destroyer spam. As a new player im excited at all of these new classes to face and i looked forward to the variety in pvp since ive heard that every class is pretty good.. well let me tell you, the diversity sucks. I played 5 games tonight, and got 5 destroyers... 2 of which im SURE were bots but we'll get to that one in a second. This isnt new to me, ive plaved around 100 total pvp games or so and i can count on one hand how many times ive fought blade dancers, blademasersand forcemasters. With 2 hands i can count how many KFM and Summoners ive faced. and the other 85 matches were against destroyers. Is it just me or is that a problem???? the only reason i picked this game up was the pvp but now im afraid to queue because all i get is destroyers and although i can win against destroyers i dont like facing the same script over and over again which leads me to my last rage point.

WHY IS THE DESTROYER SO EASY TO PLAY THAT A BOT CAN DO IT?? and before anyone goes "oh but destroyer isnt easy to play", let me laugh in your face. I play tons of pvp oriented games so i know that when a class has a spammable spin to win stun that does tons of damage, chain cc combos, a block that stuns you and guarantees that they heal 20% of their hp before you can respond along with a grapple that unless you trait for it, and have your tab up, allows them to wait on cooldowns to cc you all over again. (side note here too, the grapple break for the destroyer grapple is NOT useful because no destroyers ever throws you airborne, why is that? bad scripts? or is it just that much better to cc you because they dont need damage with all their sustain?).

As a whole the pvp experience is awful which is sad because the combat system is great. I wont be playing this game until bots are dealt with, and variety is brought into pvp, i even heard from a diamond player that people "play destroyers for easy wins" wtf!!! Destroyers are destroying the game for new players due to their rage inducing kit, i never feel like ive been outplayed by destroyers because the cards always seem in their favor which is a terrible way to feel for new players, their healing is way too much compared to their damage and cc. Why wouldnt you play it at lower elos where people are still learning the game? its so overloaded. until this is fixed i cant even begin to think about recommending this to my friends for us to play without ranting about how unbalanced pvp feels. (note this is from the perspective of someone who is new to BnS so i dont want diamond level players talking about how easy it is to counter x or z, new players should have a decent pvp experience regardless seeing as they are up against people who are equally bad disregarding the bots which are pretty disgustingly awful. I cant stand this game but i want to love it.

35 minutes ago, Jirafe said:

WHY IS THE DESTROYER SO EASY TO PLAY THAT A BOT CAN DO IT??

Because if a player does this, it's easy to counter and the Destroyer will get destroyed.

As for bots, reports say they can use Destroyers, Summoners, KFMs and Blade Dancers right now. Destroyers are just easier to create for a bottom tier programmer I guess.

The bigger problem is that there are apparently bots (especially KFMs) that flat-out cheat. As in, 0 cooldowns.

40 minutes ago, Jirafe said:

a block that stuns you and guarantees that they heal 20% of their hp

Don't let them stun you and use a defense piercing skill. Also, most (all?) other classes have healing abilities, too. Ever seen a Summoner's healing? You're a newbie, so don't expect yourself to master the class after a day of PvP. Especially with the botting issue.

44 minutes ago, Jirafe said:

I wont be playing this game until bots are dealt with

It isn't that easy. NCsoft isn't very competent and bot programmers are humans, too (i.e. they'll use exploits to get past your defenses. Like that chat clearing exploit to counter reporting)

46 minutes ago, Jirafe said:

Destroyers are destroying the game for new players due to their rage inducing kit, i never feel like ive been outplayed by destroyers because the cards always seem in their favor which is a terrible way to feel for new players, their healing is way too much compared to their damage and cc.

Ahahahahahah. Have fun when you meet Blade Dancers and Summoners, lol. Destroyers are usually easy prey, coz they don't have many ways of dealing with other classes. Meanwhile, Summoners are pretty much unbeatable when played right, and those who master Blade Dancers are gods. Assassins can hit & run stunlock you while staying in stealth, force masters will root-->stunlock you, KFMs will stun and animation cancel you from 100% to 0% hp. Blade Masters are bottom tier so whatever.

1 hour ago, Jirafe said:

WHY IS THE DESTROYER SO EASY TO PLAY THAT A BOT CAN DO IT?? and before anyone goes "oh but destroyer isnt easy to play", let me laugh in your face. I play tons of pvp oriented games so i know that when a class has a spammable spin to win stun that does tons of damage, chain cc combos, a block that stuns you and guarantees that they heal 20% of their hp before you can respond along with a grapple that unless you trait for it, and have your tab up, allows them to wait on cooldowns to cc you all over again. (side note here too, the grapple break for the destroyer grapple is NOT useful because no destroyers ever throws you airborne, why is that? bad scripts? or is it just that much better to cc you because they dont need damage with all their sustain?).

Well if you can't beat a predictable bot playing destroyer then what does it say about you as a player? all those mechanics have easy counterplays and it seems like you can't even find out what they are. How do you want to play on plat against LBMs and KFMs with million iframes if you can't even figure out how to deal with spins, you got rank that you deserve (which is prolly low gold bot hell)

The trouble is facing bots isn't pvp. It's basically pve. Hopefully progress actually will start being made on clearing out all the bot trash, but just gold sellers are cockroaches. For now just learn how they act and counter appropriately. If you want to actually do well in pvp, play all classes to get a decent grasp on skills and spar with friends.

And glad to see you got to meet a more staple addition to most every pvp game, a toxic community. Good luck and hope you stay around to bring out the potential in this game's pvp. Like you said, the combat itself is pretty awesome.

Archived