Display drivers keep crashing

dmoe33

So ever since update my display drivers have been constantly crashing thus crashing the game.

I have AMD m290x crossfire and yes my drivers are up to date but usually it dosent crash da game like dat

Hi Dmoe33,

Is it every game or just this. Try playing another 3d graphics intensive game and see if it crashes.

It could be a few factors for:

1. Bad Driver Upgrade

2. Conflict between drivers, program, OS

3. GFX card going to heaven

4. Dust between contacts of gfx and mobo

First thing to try is to always uninstall your gfx drivers, remove all traces of it and then re-install from scatch and see how.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Nvidia driver updates are epicly known for screwing up their driver updates. AMD once in a while does happen.

I once had my gfx card crash in any mild graphic intensive application for a  week. Until I got so desperate that I took out my gfx card out and cleaned the contacts (that did not look dirty), as a hail Mary. Like a miracle, suddenly all my crashes stopped. I felt stupid that just a bit of dust that I cannot see killed my PC.

46 minutes ago, Cedriwen Phoenix said:

Hi Dmoe33,

Is it every game or just this. Try playing another 3d graphics intensive game and see if it crashes.

It could be a few factors for:

1. Bad Driver Upgrade

2. Conflict between drivers, program, OS

3. GFX card going to heaven

4. Dust between contacts of gfx and mobo

First thing to try is to always uninstall your gfx drivers, remove all traces of it and then re-install from scatch and see how.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Nvidia driver updates are epicly known for screwing up their driver updates. AMD once in a while does happen.

I once had my gfx card crash in any mild graphic intensive application for a  week. Until I got so desperate that I took out my gfx card out and cleaned the contacts (that did not look dirty), as a hail Mary. Like a miracle, suddenly all my crashes stopped. I felt stupid that just a bit of dust that I cannot see killed my PC.

Hmm ill try this when i get the chance. 

Lil bit of an update it seems to only happen when im in naryu labrynth like literally i prob crashed about 3 times in about 15 mins then hopped to warlock and 2 hours or so and not 1 crash

• 3 weeks later...

Archived