Giant Enemy Crabs - speargun issue

AzzaNancazza

Sidequest in Whalesong Cove - "Giant enemy Crabs" requires you to equip a gun and shoot crabs.

During this quest, sometimes the gun will bug out and not allow you to fire it.

- Changing channels did not work.

- Dropping the gun and getting a new one from the rack did not help.

- Closing and restarting the client did not help.

- Abandoning and restarting the quest allowed to to kill a single crab, then the issue returned.

Experienced while using a Lvl 11 Warlock, at the point where I had killed all required GIANT crabs, but still had standard Corrupted Beach Crabs to kill.

I have had the same issue on 3 separate characters now. In each case, once I killed the Giant Crab with the speargun, and that portion of the quest was marked complete (greyed out), the speargun would no longer work, so I finished the quest with class skills after dropping the speargun.  I think the bug may be related to the closing of the BIG crab part of the quest, and somehow closing that portion turns off the flag allowing the speargun to fire, even though more little crabs need to be killed. But that is just me speculating.  Would be nice for the BnS types to weigh in on this, acknowledging this problem--issues with this quest can be found in the forums dating back into the betas, and still not fixed.

I had this issue too.  As soon as I shot a giant crab, my spear gun stopped working. I was aiming at a smaller crab and the giant one walked into the shot. The gun just stops working when you hit a giant crab.  I dropped the gun and  grabbed another. It did not work.  I logged out of the game and restarted.  That did not solve the issue.

Thankfully I was playing as a summoner. I was able to direct my cat to kill the crabs.  Finally I was able to finish the quest.

Yes, as soon as you shoot the Giant Crab the gun will no longer work.  You'll have to kill the normal way.  Best bet is to shoot all 50 little ones then take out the Giant Crab.  The quest needs to be fixed on the coding end so this problem is no longer an issue, but we all know that won't happen.

Archived