Mushin Tower Floor 8 Phase 3 Clear

VaneQuish

How the hell you get in stealth at the beginning without him seeing you? I know you press tab after bomb but he still gets me out of it. 

Must say, ur very fast on ur moving dang. 

26 minutes ago, Sita said:

How the hell you get in stealth at the beginning without him seeing you? I know you press tab after bomb but he still gets me out of it. 

Must say, ur very fast on ur moving dang. 

You have 1-2 seconds of free DPS, get in stealth, when you see his animation for the two hit punch just stun him with your LB.

35 minutes ago, Nathronniel said:

Hey, solid run.

One slight improvement I would consider: When he does his fire circles you can tab switch him out of the center and keep your dps up. If you are at max range tab switch you still only have to iframe the last aoe.

Oh nice tip, didnt think id be in range to do that. Thanks!

On 3/6/2016 at 2:08 AM, Prototypemind said:

These mechanics are just ass for sins. I feel like freezing him as an FM and just dancing around him would be so much quicker. The mechanics basically negate everything sins are built to do.

Not really? Sins aren't entirely designed around stealth anymore, and all of his attacks and mechanics go just fine in line with what assassins can do. The True Sight mechanic is absolutely fine and that's about the only one that's "built to negate what we do", and even then that's heavily debateable.

A lower gear clear. My best time since then with the same gear is 4m8s

From stealth still produces our best DPS. The fight bugs and Mushin becomes immune for periods unless you come out of stealth, which sometimes isn't possible because you X>1 before you realize he's in that phase and all your focus is gone. It's a tight timer for me with Awakened Siren, and that extra time can make a difference.  It's garbage that the farther we go the more penalties are showing up for using your abilities as their designed. He can even pull out out of your invulnerability when you use C. That's just b.s. mechanics to me.

The fights become more about cheesing them than using your skill to maximize output and avoid damage. I could even see if he sent out casts in different directions as though he were trying to search you out an there's always a chance of them hitting you, but him literally turning to you over and over and negating it by running around him in circles is dumb. Again, I can clear the fight, but it's just cheese and not remotely enjoyable.

On 3/7/2016 at 7:43 AM, EternalDream said:

Not really? Sins aren't entirely designed around stealth anymore, and all of his attacks and mechanics go just fine in line with what assassins can do. The True Sight mechanic is absolutely fine and that's about the only one that's "built to negate what we do", and even then that's heavily debateable.

A lower gear clear. My best time since then with the same gear is 4m8s

When you say a lower gear clear, exactly how low is your gear?  What's your AP at for this?

Still say it's poo that not only does he have invulnerable phases, but you they don't end until you come out of stealth and you can't come out of stealth because you run out of focus to use x and lmb/rmb literally won't activate during the phase. It's about 4 seconds each time and with my current gear I need that time to damage. It's a weak mechanic to use. I don't know why this is a pattern with games where devs design higher level content not to challenge you to use what you've learned as you played but to negate  your abilities that are the hallmark of your class. Vindictus continues to go back and forth with this, taking away and giving back many of the skills that are essential to classes' DPS in their season 3 content. Here it mechanics like this in the tower.

I can kill him with my 376 AP, but not consistently because I sometimes end up using x>1 too quickly and then I just have to sit there while he does nothing. Literally the only difference maker is going to be that when I have better gear I melt him faster, clearing will have nothing to do with knowing how to use my class against him better than before.

On 13.3.2016 at 8:57 PM, Prototypemind said:

Still say it's poo that not only does he have invulnerable phases, but you they don't end until you come out of stealth and you can't come out of stealth because you run out of focus to use x and lmb/rmb literally won't activate during the phase.

You can always get out of stealth with tab

That I will keep in mind. I guess I got into such a habit of being very careful to only tab when I'm needing to get into stealth and not double tapping it or hitting it by accident in stealth that I put myself in the mindset of never touching it in stealth. Still a cheesy mechanic, but one I can work around.

Archived