Possible solution to bot's, gold selling and unwarranted bans.

Emberlynia

A simple solution to this issue would be to make banks, inventory, and wardrobe account based. Also another thing I've seen is making a limit on the amount gold being traded between characters not on the same account to maybe $75 a day. Also in the market it gives you a average rate of a items value make it so no one can list a item more then 5g above the going rate. That would limit gold sellers and buyers from using the market to transfer gold. This would stop any wrongful bans from players giving money to alts. It would drastically limit the way gold sellers could use the market or mail to deliver gold so in return less bots needed.

Bots are like drug runners, if you limit there ability to move a product they relocate.

There is no solution Basically there means to get money to buyers is eliminated. Player to player trade is limited to 75g a day could be less. Noway they can mail it if you flag gold in mail for the same amount you set player to player trade, by this I mean limit the amount of gold you can send and receive in mail daily.  And how will they transfer it through the market now? They can't make a 20s item list for 200 + gold anymore. And with everything account based you have no reason to send any gold to alts on same account.

It is not simple at all. If it was that simple then it wouldn't be an issue. Even if there was a limit they'd make a bunch of characters send gold in increments instead. If they implemented a max amount of gold an item should be sold for, they'd be interfering with the economy very heavily, and considering how rapidly the economy can change not just in real life, but in video games, that's not something we ever want. I also don't see how the banks, inventory and wardrobe becoming account based fixes anything

Also, not all unwarranted bans are because of someone trading gold. There are also times when someone's banned because of a third party program, and the auto bot detection catches them and they become collateral damage. Sometimes it can be an actual program that is harmful to the game like a botting software, but then other times it's something harmless like WTFast.

These issues aren't going to be resolved with just a few solutions considering there's a ton of them, and they affect the game in many different ways. Solving them this way wouldn't be a long term solution, and is basically introducing even more limitations on the players when we already have a ton of them like being unable to trade cosmetic items to our alternate characters, and not having an account wide storage

A simple solution to this issue would be to make banks, inventory, and wardrobe account based. <-- This means everything can be accessed between all toons on your account no need for mail or transfer. 

And how will they transfer it through the market now? They can't make a 20s item list for 200 + gold anymore.  <-- This is based on the average of the item for the day, It could easily be changed to hourly. Unless your buying gold your not paying 25s for something you can get for 20s. $5 gold buffer is plenty above the average market value for the greedy i guess they could go $10.

Even if there was a limit they'd make a bunch of characters send gold in increments instead. <-- If your only allowed to trade no more than $75 gold daily why would they exactly make more bots?

As far as the other reason's people get banned i was not addressing those. :D

Giving us the ability to transfer items would lower all the innocent bans, that's true. What that won't do is lower the bots at all. 

For the market part, I didn't tell you they can still transfer through the market, I said NCSoft would be messing with the economy themselves. The economy is a player decided system, and should be. Supply and demand decide the prices. If they had set the average themselves that would discourage the prices from rising or falling, meaning items that become more in demand wouldn't be able to go up in price because of that limit, hindering people's motivation to even find and sell that item, leaving it in even more demand.

Bots don't just have ONE account, they have multiple. If your limit is to send 75 gold a day, and they have to send 100 gold to someone, they'll send 50 gold from one account and 50 from another. If your limit is recieving 75 gold a day, then they'd send 50 gold one day, 50 the next. These are not decent solutions, this is like cleaning up the blood from a cut instead of putting a bandaid on it, expecting the situation to be fixed just because you dealt with the effects of the problems, not the problem itself. 

Edit: I'm not trying to be hurtful, I'm just trying to tell you that it's just not this simple. There's no easy solution, and only trying to fix issues with easy solutions will hurt either NCSoft or the players

Ok i'll make this more clear you as a player per account you are only allowed to send or receive 75g a day through trade/mail.

Please reread what I said about trade. There is no limit if soulstones are selling for 3 gold average that hour you can't sell yours for more than 13 gold. Being a legit player am i going to go on market and buy the 13 gold SS when it's selling for 3g? This does not limit the price of anyone selling items. I think a 10g buffer is plenty. Now with this will it stop gold sellers from making payouts to customers who put a item in market place priced 200 gold when its only worth 20s yep. Will it make the job of getting your gold way harder ofc it will.

3 minutes ago, Emberlynia said:

Ok i'll make this more clear you as a player per account are only allowed to send or receive 75g a day through trade/mail.

Please reread what I said about trade. There is no limit if soulstones are selling for 3 gold average that hour you can't sell yours for more than 13 gold. Being a legit player am i going to go on market and buy the 13 gold SS when it's selling for 3g? I think a 10g buffer is plenty. Now with this will it stop gold sellers from making payouts to customers who put a item in market place priced 200 gold when its only worth 20s yep. Will it make the job of getting your gold way harder ofc it will.

No, I understand everything you say. I'm saying if there's a limit of recieving 75gold a day, they can just send you 50 gold today, then 50 gold tomorrow once that limit is up. This would be doing nothing to inhibit bot usage.

As for the market, they should never ever tamper with minimum or maximum. There's no MMO that combats bots this way, and the clear reason is it takes away the player decided market. This affects the economy in more ways than just the few I've mentioned. The economy could very well go to the point that soulstones, would go above that max. Putting a max discourages people from freely choosing their own price. This still wouldn't stop it either since they could still mail it, and even with a limit like I said they could just mail in increments. There are much better ways to combat bots, like having actual decent bot detection instead of whatever they have now. 

How does it exactly effect the economy. The players set the price. Not once have i seen a item priced 10g over the minimum price be bought by a legit player. 10g at a time is plenty for a item to be driven up a hour.

If i go to a gold seller, buy lets say $300g pay up front will i really wait 3-4 days to get it. What if it was dropped to 50g a day between players, which is still reasonable, would you pay up front for something you get over 6 days time and possibly get perm banned for when you could of easily farmed it. Gold farmers pride themselves on that 5 minute delivery.

Archived