Current state of PvP and PvE viablity

Smoq

Warlocks are a great PvE choice, they bring everything a group will realistically want, no it isn't a FM worth of DPS, however its defintly got high DPS, KR Meters are told to show us as the 4th best DPS (below BD/Chi Master who are Equalled in DPS however group situations u will surpass their DPS so in group situations u'd be deemed 3rd Best DPS, Remember, u will need quite good Crit chance and the Dragoncall HM book to see that DPS The Rotation doesn't work too smoothly without the book due to CDs.

in PvP, its capable of reaching Diamond, but you are at a disadvantage wit hthe class in the current state, although PvP is bound to change so no point realistically solely deciding on that. its not complete garbage or as bad as some say it is, but u will need to perfect this class to force this class to be viable in PvP and it wont be easy to manage in its current situation ur likely to lose a lot til u get Good at it and can outplay the enemy.

On 09/05/2016 at 5:09 AM, babeln said:

omg this whinners, i can talk only about pve

you never use dragoncall for pve, its laughable, crit dependant random burst, with one exception - 2 wl in party, one soulburn, one timewarp - no other class can do such burst, and it usually means half of boss hp down (lair, necro), and those wl will never get rid of aggro afterwards

normal helix rotation still outdps almost all classes(sustained dps, not burst), just max max max your crits, theres nothing more important for wl (imo not even playable bellow 55perc crit rate)

my experience from asura4

best aoe cleaner of trash mobs, can solo one lane, opening doors as fast as other side with fm+bm together

wl can save asses of party by resetting cd of ccs on 2nd boss, if something goes wrong

soulburn makes killing two birds so easy, just pop it when one is 60perc, flies up, and second 90perc lands, your party can burst one fast, withtout any need of fighting two together

on asura, wl can block balls and drag fire swords around room, while taking flowers, and dps all at once

skilled wl is amazing in 4mans, even two of them together

not so glass cannon as it seems, tho i am unable to tank yeti, and second asura boss, rest of all 4man bosses "tanked" several times, without problems

EDIT: im too far to be any some super skilled warlock, but reading your whinning, all i can say - L2P

1) No one is "whining", we are criticizing the nerfed version of this class because many of us gave up perfectly good playable classes that we had invested a lot of our time in just to end up falling for the "warlock" hype.

2) Yes Dragoncall is mostly worse than Helix unless your spamming it in some wierd time warp combo in a arena match, but you have to try it out 1st before calling it rubbish. But since you said dragoncall is utter rubbish, in repeated tests dragoncall builds were just about 4-5% less dmg output over helix (appox 785k to 820k in some tests over a 2 min time period .. dont remember what the AP lvl was) .. check out youtube warlock Dragoncall vs Helix.

3) I dont know what your AP level is but take pretty much half the other classes who have the same lvl of skills unlocked and have similar gear and they will out dps you, helix build or not ... and you can go check out half the streamers on youtube who have tested this in sustained 3 or 5 min dps tests, and no burst dps doesnt matter that much in sustained pve boss encounters ... making the sun shine out of your backside for 12 secs with long crit based downtimes afterwards doesnt compare to the sustained dps rotation other classes can keep up over the course of the encounter.

4) Lastly classes are built for both PVE and PVP and while i will agree that Warlocks are not horrible in PVE and can manage to hold their own if you know what your doing, im just sorry to say that in PVP they are currently according to the latest overseas class comparison server stats sitting at the bottom of the rankings - dead last !!!

And imo except for a handful of people who have played this class on the KR/Chinese/Japan servers previously .. we are all experimenting and coming to grips with this class (self proclaimed BnS demi gods born to play warlocks after copying some other players build off the internet excluded lol).

PS: Before dropping your pearls of wisdom if you had bothered to actually read my post youd realise most of it was about PVP, but then again you only PVE right .... ofc i forget that makes you an expert on the state of Warlocks in PVP, go spar a few half decent FM's /Assasin's or KFM's 3-5 hongmoon levels below you then we can talk ;p

19 hours ago, Dray0s said:

Warlocks are a great PvE choice, they bring everything a group will realistically want, no it isn't a FM worth of DPS, however its defintly got high DPS, KR Meters are told to show us as the 4th best DPS (below BD/Chi Master who are Equalled in DPS however group situations u will surpass their DPS so in group situations u'd be deemed 3rd Best DPS, Remember, u will need quite good Crit chance and the Dragoncall HM book to see that DPS The Rotation doesn't work too smoothly without the book due to CDs.

in PvP, its capable of reaching Diamond, but you are at a disadvantage wit hthe class in the current state, although PvP is bound to change so no point realistically solely deciding on that. its not complete garbage or as bad as some say it is, but u will need to perfect this class to force this class to be viable in PvP and it wont be easy to manage in its current situation ur likely to lose a lot til u get Good at it and can outplay the enemy.

Just for clarification:

This dps list is pure bs and have been proven wrong a long time already. 

WLs dps is still pretty high in the KR version (around 3rd/4th in the chart behind FM/SIN and maybe summoners) but the dps chart is still very incorrect because the tests were made by people with completely different gear. 

This made BD/soul fighter look stronger than they actually are (and destroyers weaker as they actually see). 

You can check the actual current dps if you look up vids of the new dungeon in KR where people playing with the dps meter to get an idea. 

Also WLs dps heavily depends on nearly all their HM skills. 

Warlock really could need some upgrades in PvP, i'd say dmg is fine but the utility is too little.

my biggest concern is that me as a ranged class lose to melees because they keep running away from me.. i mean... whaaaaaat?

warlock abilities hits really hard , what makes his overall dps low is the time wasted here and there in animations , summoning the trall , activating some skills ...etc !

it's too much time wasted if you compare it to Fm's fast attacks and ani-cancels .

On 10. 5. 2016 at 7:32 PM, Nitefire said:

2) Yes Dragoncall is mostly worse than Helix unless your spamming it in some wierd time warp combo in a arena match, but you have to try it out 1st before calling it rubbish. But since you said dragoncall is utter rubbish, in repeated tests dragoncall builds were just about 4-5% less dmg output over helix (appox 785k to 820k in some tests over a 2 min time period .. dont remember what the AP lvl was) .. check out youtube warlock Dragoncall vs Helix.

I would like to see how you tested it, where you tested it... on lvl 45 dummy? or lvl 51 hm3 boss? thats huge difference in crit chance, and dragoncall doesnt crit so many times, and you know what it makes, just dc dps almost zero. Difference is way way over some 5 perc.

PVE

Warlock has a few builds but I'll only talk about how the are split into Helix and Dragoncall. Without any HM books Helix is a vastly superior build if they both use Bombardment 2. However, once you get the HM4 book they get a lot closer to each other where it then really becomes on the boss fight and situation. Helix is still a much better build for general quests and such though as the damage is much more consistent. I don't have the RMB HM book so I can't comment on how a full shadow build does versus one using Bombardment. However, helix builds greatly benefit from a lower ping so if yours is higher the gap can be smaller. 

Right now warlocks have good dps with the added ability to use Soul Burn makes them desirable in parties. However, they will almost always be one of the last classes filled in a 4 man group (in 6 man groups it doesn't matter too much as long as a Force Master and some sort of tank is in the group). 

PVP

In 1v1 Warlock is probably the weakest class in the current game. Among their issues are limited iframes, an awful trinket, long animations, requiring target/facing the opponent to use every offensive skill, no gap closer, unusually high skill delay for some abilities, etc. Right now warlocks have 2 hard counters (Force Master and Assassin) 3 matchup that I'd consider difficult (Blade Dancer, KFM and Summoner), one that is even (Blade Master) and one where we are favored (Destroyer), but it's not a complete writeoff like it was back in the 45 patch. 

Among the issues too is that warlock is defensively the weakest class in the game who relies on heavy burst to win games and a lot of classes can simply use an immunity or just get out of range/behind the warlock to stop this. It's just a lot easier to punish a warlock for a mistake than it is another class because warlocks comeback options are limited once they blow leech and/or Time Distortion. 

3v3

Warlock is a pretty bad assist option but a warlock who has an advantage can really dish out some damage if they get someone jumping in to help them mainly because of the way the tag in mechanic works at times Warlocks combo will persist through and they can knock off a large chunk of HP from the next fighter. Warlock skills just take too long to really have enough benefit in the few seconds they have when they tag in and the best thing is almost either to try to launch a dragoncall or to land an X or 2 and sanctum. 

6v6

Warlocks are AWFUL cappers and should almost never do it if another class can. They are extremely easy targets. In my experience a good warlock is a win more class in 6v6. It'll help a group that is already probably going to win win faster, but will not really help one that is disadvantaged. This assumes equal skill level across the board.

Archived