19 bots 1 legit player. Epic Fail NCSOFT

LiquidRev

Out of 20 matches, I played 1 legit player. It has gotten so bad I have a build tree dedicated to just bots as I am to lazy to set up combos anymore. 

It is difficult to describe the frustration myself, my clan and what appears to be most of the community feels. 

For a game in which its selling point was PvP, there is only one word to describe the current state of this game,  Failure 

NCSoft, you have a very long and bumpy road ahead of you, 

25 minutes ago, FKyouNc said:

if nc can't stop  this fking bot so delete this fking game 

Oh, so you could fix bots then?

Of course you can't, because bot developers are humans, too, and they use all kinds of exploits to bypass everything NCsoft does. NCsoft is trying to fix it (and failing spectacularly)

At this point, the only proper solution would be designing a good /kick system (not just majority kickvote), making PvP soulstones untradable (no gold from PvP, no reason for gold farmers to bot there) and hiring a competent group of bot hunter GMs for each server (not happening, NCsoft won't pay)

Another f2p game i played had a lot of problems with macros and cheaters/bots, they also couldn't fix it for years till they implemented some new kind of tool, Fairfight.

Now fairfight doesnt scan computers for cheats or macro software, but what fairfight does is this "it monitors the players behavior and if it plays like a bot, it will ban it. " (macros using powers exactly same way over and over, same move pattern, mouse move patterns, perfect timings every time (ie non-human) etc.)

some people claim they can use software to randomize their patterns, but that is not true, that randomizer will also act like a program and fairfight will see it.

People were afraid it would ban pro players, that played so perfect it was almost like a bot, but no pro players has been falsely banned that i know of.

It got really effective after awhile, cheaters would get banned within minutes sometimes and all automated process, which is cheap.

Fairfight has seen success in other games too, but the game i'm talking about was APB. (it was so glorious when it got activated and hundreds of cheaters got banned within a few days.)

im pretty certain it could easily ban bots / macro users here too, for instance pvp bots, i guess they would banned within a couple of games, without anyone having to report or ncsoft having to take action manually.

79 Matchs: 58 - 3v3 and 21 - 1v1.

From 58 - 3v3: 41 had afk smn.

From 21 - 1v1: 19 had destro bot.

I give maximum one month for this game fail, like ArcheAge. It's a shame, had everything to be a great mmo.

Edit: 

19 dungeons: 13 had (at least one) afk bots. By coincidence, vote kick is bugged. So nice!  

I still see bots in high gold and apparently they're in plat too but I have no idea, I haven't really done arena much cause it's not fun. Yesterday I felt like playing 3 matches for my daily and it felt like I was doing PvE, each one was a bot.

Easy to fix bots... Remove the classic/click movement system.  It is nearly impossible to program a bot to move with mouse and keyboard.

If people complain once this is done then odds are (about 99%) that they are bots.

1 hour ago, Hokonoso said:

Easy to fix bots... Remove the classic/click movement system.  It is nearly impossible to program a bot to move with mouse and keyboard.

If people complain once this is done then odds are (about 99%) that they are bots.

that is not true. proper bots would never use classic click to move for various reasons. i find this bot infestation horrible and shows a clear sign of failure from ncsoft side. a simple captcha now and then would help. there is no excuse for bots in pvp. sure the game is f2p but there is certain places where u can make sure it is "nearly" bot free. Even with a captcha in place some bots will find their way around that. still it would help 

All of my twitchtv streamers that used to play this game are G O N E.  There is some "die hard" streamers still but this does not bode well.  They even refused to renew their paid sponsorship with NCSoft...it is just a sad state of affairs atm.

Arena is single player till the player beats the bots. Just think of the bots as single player normal mode lol. Beat them then you go play real players..

If you can't get through bots with your current class, either learn to get better or just go play a different class that you can play better. I've played pretty much all classes and different classes do give different experiences versus bots.

All the way from useless Assassin stealth vs bots, Blade dancer destroying bots with grabs and easy combos.. All depends on how well you use your class.

Overall, it IS a major problem and needs to be fixed.. bots seriously kill the fun in the game. Not just in pvp, in pve as well. Getting spammed whispered is not fun lol

16 minutes ago, FinJen Shy said:

hey guys, i've been reading the patchnote and saw this statement:

• GameGuard will be updated to improve stability and detection of illegal 3rd-party software

Do you think it will clean up some bots?

HA! Considering the first step to using a bot in this game in first place is them sliding a .DLL file that shuts DOWN Gameguard, this isn't just laughable useless, its honestly worthless, and more proof of incompetence. If the game itself isn't doing the checks for keystroke violations, and it isn't, NOTHING IS.

12 hours ago, Eiria said:

HA! Considering the first step to using a bot in this game in first place is them sliding a .DLL file that shuts DOWN Gameguard, this isn't just laughable useless, its honestly worthless, and more proof of incompetence. If the game itself isn't doing the checks for keystroke violations, and it isn't, NOTHING IS.

Ok i see, that's sad :(

Thank you

12 hours ago, Eiria said:

Too early to tell if this new version of GG is any better than old one. My quess would be its not but theres always 1 out of 1000 chances it might do something

16 hours ago, Eiria said:

To shed a bit more light on the new game guard the rumors are that it will be using a "heart beat" detection. meaning NCsoft server side will be sending some sort of ping to the client to verifies if you are still using game guard or if it is still present. upon detecting that it is off or missing it will shut down your game imminently.

Some of those aspect are currently in action as i have a friend telling me that he was using a auto clicker program in the background and as soon as it has been turned on, his game has shut down immediately.

So yes. i be-leaved that they are working on it. They have too if they want to actually make money on this game from NA.

Rumors are ( i love rumors) the infestation of bot are mostly from a competitor to make the game feel bad so players will leave and join the competition. Its a dog eat dog world out there, and for a business that works on billions of incomes i can be-leave it.

They should just not allow anyone lower than gold rank to buy soul stone or reduce the amount of beans given. With the amount of bot in silver you can practically get to gold without challenge.

They are making bot on bot battles way to easy to farm beans.

6 minutes ago, Evilshana said:

They should just not allow anyone lower than gold rank to buy soul stone or reduce the amount of beans given. With the amount of bot in silver you can practically get to gold without challenge.

They are making bot on bot battles way to easy to farm beans.

That is a lie. i am currently in platinum 1988 and can vouch that bots are open and as common as lower ranks. Instead of destroyers we see more kung foo masters with macro. or simply instead of a actual bot we have players using keybind inputs to literally take players from 100 to 0 in a few click. 

bots are everywhere. i would find it hilarious if the first BNS NA tournament would ave bots in there entry. 

git gud is simply not a option anymore. your fighting against a "character" who is build to have robot reflex and react to everything you do before it even happens. i fought a destro that got out of all my stun chain. and i know you are able to stop them or resist them. its hard to explain but it was blatant. exploit were use and it was obvious.

I'm insulted that you think I'm lying. While my observation is not 100% accurate due to difference in class, abilities and rank, I am not trying to mislead people.

I'm 1950 and 6 alt character at gold and I haven't been seeing a lot of bot after silver. Most bots I see are not real threat since they become incredibly predictable. These bots are no where near as vicious as the ones in TW which also had unlimited CD and teleporting to you.

Just now, Summener99 said:

That is a lie. i am currently in platinum 1988 and can vouch that bots are open and as common as lower ranks. Instead of destroyers we see more kung foo masters with macro. or simply instead of a actual bot we have players using keybind inputs to literally take players from 100 to 0 in a few click. 

bots are everywhere. i would find it hilarious if the first BNS NA tournement would ave bots in there entry. 

git gud is simply not a option anymore. your fighting against a "character" who is build to have robot reflex and react to everything you do before it even happens. i faught a destro that got out of all my stun chain. and i know you are able to stop them or resist them. its hard to explain but it was blatent. exploit were use and it was obvious.

Although I just got an idea, what if they reduce boting by limiting the amount of accounts created by requiring a phone number that can not be used for a second account.

Archived