Fix bots in next path or i am out

Hanks

Like the tittle say, fix the bot or i am out of this game in the next path.

A great company like NCsoft who have enough resources to fix and get the control of him game disrespect all the clients allowing it.

And this is not an ultimatum, i just consider then a game is for have some fun but if cant find it im out, specially if you want survive to Black Desert.

20 minutes ago, Hanks said:

Like the tittle say, fix the bot or i am out of this game in the next path.

A great company like NCsoft who have enough resources to fix and get the control of him game disrespect all the clients allowing it.

And this is not an ultimatum, i just consider then a game is for have some fun but if cant find it im out, specially if you want survive to Black Desert.

You cant just simply fix the bot issue, it really is not that easy to detect who's a bot. Yes you know it's a bot when you fight them, but it's different from a GM's point of view trying to monitor 100000 characters. The amount of games that's F2P and doesn't have a bot issue, is 0.

Bots create unfairness in game. Who would like to play a game with bots not getting touched by staff. This is NCSOFT guys. If u ever played Lineage II, you would not ask fix about bots. I have been playing Lineage II for around 10 years and bot issues got worse and worse everyday. At the moment, %75 of Lineage II is bots/shops/cams and rest is players AFK in town.(Generally)

They did attemp to fix bot issues times to times but their way was so illogical. They nerfed adena(currency) drops by more than 20 times at the areas where is full of bots instead of investing some money on keeping those bot programs away from game. Anything is possible in digital world but if u pay to keep your game safe, it will be a lot costly to patch up their hack/bot programs everyday. So you will win sooner or later.

Why is it that people think a F2P company has all the money in the world to fix a bot issue? For one it is an uphill battle as botters lose practically nothing when banned. At most they lose a day or two of profit before they are back in business. All the botters have to worry about is making smarter bots to fool the system in place long enough to have a decent profit before eventually being banned and the cycle starts all over. It will never be as simple as "fixing" the hack shield, or putting more people on the job as you can not predict the length at which people will go to to exploit, and/ or abuse the system as some methods could very well just hurt the player base if implemented poorly.

6 hours ago, eOtRiX said:

Bots create unfairness in game. Who would like to play a game with bots not getting touched by staff. This is NCSOFT guys. If u ever played Lineage II, you would not ask fix about bots. I have been playing Lineage II for around 10 years and bot issues got worse and worse everyday. At the moment, %75 of Lineage II is bots/shops/cams and rest is players AFK in town.(Generally)

They did attemp to fix bot issues times to times but their way was so illogical. They nerfed adena(currency) drops by more than 20 times at the areas where is full of bots instead of investing some money on keeping those bot programs away from game. Anything is possible in digital world but if u pay to keep your game safe, it will be a lot costly to patch up their hack/bot programs everyday. So you will win sooner or later.

So you're saying, they came with an ingame fix, rather than spend thousands of dollars and manpower to come up with a solution that bots will bypass in less than 48 hours? You will not win. It is cheaper for the bots to find ways around your patches in ~48 hours than it is to stop selling gold to players, sadly. 

4 hours ago, wolftonrei said:

Why is it that people think a F2P company has all the money in the world to fix a bot issue? For one it is an uphill battle as botters lose practically nothing when banned. At most they lose a day or two of profit before they are back in business. All the botters have to worry about is making smarter bots to fool the system in place long enough to have a decent profit before eventually being banned and the cycle starts all over. It will never be as simple as "fixing" the hack shield, or putting more people on the job as you can not predict the length at which people will go to to exploit, and/ or abuse the system as some methods could very well just hurt the player base if implemented poorly.

They might not be able to fix it, but they could do something as opposed to acknowledging there are bots and hacks in arena and asking players to report them. It's not exactly as though the problem is inconspicuous. The in-game economy, which is directly tied to real life money thanks to currency exchange, is hilariously wrecked, and it's only going to get worse. 

In any case, OP, you should save yourself the trouble of waiting and quit now because there is absolutely no way they're going to solve this problem any time soon with the tools currently available i.e. Gameguard, which is comically terrible at preventing this type of behavior, and player reports. I've never seen so many blatant bots and hacks in a MMO; especially in competitive PVP. I thought Honorbuddy botting BG's in WoW was bad, but it's nothing compared to this game. 

Simple solution. Require CAPTCHA input during pre-fight. Obtrusive and annoying, but it would solve the botting problem in the interim. Solving hacking is going to be much more challenging as it will require methods of detection to be developed. 

Another f2p game i played had a lot of problems with macros and cheaters, they also couldn't fix it for years till they implemented some new kind of tool, Fairfight.

What fairfight does is this "it monitors the players behavior and if it plays like a bot, it will ban it. " (macros using powers exactly same way over and over, same move pattern, mouse move patterns, perfect timings every time (ie non-human) etc.)

some people claimed they can use software to randomize their patterns, but that is not true, that randomizer will also act like a program and fairfight will see it.

People were afraid it would ban pro players, that played so perfect it was almost like a bot, but no pro players has been falsely banned that i know of.

It got really effective after awhile, cheaters would get banned within minutes sometimes and all automated process, which is cheap.

Fairfight has seen success in other games too, but the game i'm talking about was APB. (it was so glorious when it got activated and hundreds of cheaters got banned within a few days.)

16 hours ago, Blueberry Pi said:

Bots don't stop you from enjoying the game in any way.

You must not play arena. It's not fun at all facing 30 bots in a row before you face a human being. Not only is it incredibly boring, but you don't learn your class or how to fight against other classes. Also they are giving everyone free platinum. This is a competitive game, rankings should mean something.

1 hour ago, dr3n said:

You must not play arena. It's not fun at all facing 30 bots in a row before you face a human being. Not only is it incredibly boring, but you don't learn your class or how to fight against other classes. Also they are giving everyone free platinum. This is a competitive game, rankings should mean something.

well if you see 30 bots in a row means that you can't even get pass the bot layer to the player level :/ . Rank layer isn't a problem (bronze/silver/gold) since there's rank number representation

Archived