Hello gameguard, Hello Disconnect again

Valiant

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so true....

I really don't get it why we need to have that hongmoon > gold... 

it would be much nicer and feel more worthwhile to profit gold out of selling goods either via crafting or gathering.. rather than just buy gold.

I never liked that system in ANY game I played, never understood why it was needed as well.

18 hours ago, underlander said:

Gameguard is a rootkit, a keylogger and, as a consequence, it is considered malware by many. You are forcing us to install a harmful sotware if we still want to play the game. I was playing and spending money with this game because it had no such problems. Now that you are forcing players to install 3rd party software that harms our computers, I will consider suing the company to get back the money I had spent. 

Create two accounts on windows. one admin and one restricted/normal. Always use the restricted one. Do not let the game or GG run in admin. you can go back and force it in properties to run under a restricted account by removing the permissions for it to run an admin account in applocker. This way, it cannot run w/o your knowledge (aka only when game runs) and you dont have to worry about rootkits, etc. On the plus side, ncsoft is happy that gameguard runs, albeit, it cannot do anything on your pc in restricted mode.  The game running on the restricted account will be scanned by gg on the restricted account and gg can only scan the restricted account, which will find nothing. Ive done this with other games that had gg and never had problems. 

I've played this game since release with zero disconnects, I have read of people getting DC with the new unchained update and on day one of unchained i didn't get any DC's. I went from level 1-36 on my warlock with no disconnects as well. All of a sudden toward the end of cinderlands quests and beginning of moonwater quest i cannot stay logged in to even play. I got through one tomb of exile dungeon with no DC but now i cant stay logged in for more than 5 minutes. Not sure if it has something to do with the new program running in the background they implemented but i know it was running the entire time i have been leveling my warlock and i had no problems.. nothing has changed with my computer recently. Really could use some tips on what might be causing this issue. The first couple DC's would log me out and then i could instantly log back in and play for a while. Now when i DC i go to launch game and it gives me some error about connecting to the network and the game launcher won't even open. I have to try this about 3-4 times to get the log in screen to pop up. (or wait about 2-3 minutes) and then I log in and get into the game, take a few steps or start killing something for a quest and everythign freezes and DC again. I have tried file repair and still nothing. I have literally changed nothing with my computer so i dont get why day 1 of unchained release i was not getting any errors or DC's through 36 levels on my warlock until now. Help please

same here! Pls fix this shit...

its been 2 hours since im trying to login. sometimes i am able to actually get in the game but disconnect after 1-2 mins...

never had any problems so far :/

From portugal, if that matters.

pitbull, are you portuguese aswell? If yes:
Usas NOS ? Parece que tou com packet loss não so no jogo, mas sim em todo o lado, mas nao se nota. da pa tar na net na boa á mesma mas o jogo é que da DC. 
If not ignore the above^

Weirdly i had the same issue the first day on Warlock as i got close to the end of Cinderlands. Got to level 36 and went to the area of Naryu Temple. Started d/c'ing about every 10-15 min after that. Also chat became mostly unusable(only say and whisper worked).

Played only a little bit yesterday but i did not seem to have any connection problems other than weird skill delay and a few 5-10 sec freezes where i thought i was going to d/c. Might be an influx of new F2P characters making warlocks putting some strain on the servers + some bugs needing to be fixed.

13 minutes ago, Vykorin said:

pitbull, are you portuguese aswell? If yes:
Usas NOS ? Parece que tou com packet loss não so no jogo, mas sim em todo o lado, mas nao se nota. da pa tar na net na boa á mesma mas o jogo é que da DC. 
If not ignore the above^

estou na boa, é mesmo dos servers...

One dc in since patch , however one thing I have noticed is the big increase in CPU,ram use now Gameguard is active again, seen it spike up to 90% for both, normally I ran the game below 40% usage now its around 70%, that ridiculous, Gameguard BS, dont know why they use it , it does not work, game still full of bots and spammers, Gameguard is one of the easiest anti bot,cheat systems to get around there is and it causes more user issues than anything else.

NC need to physically do some thing about bots an d spammers instead of trying to use a automated program that quite obviously does not work, the game needs GM's in the game not some stupid broken program that band players for no reason and causes huge drians on system resources

1 minute ago, Neo89 said:

How much time till they fix this problem no way to play atm play 5 min crash and over again .....

How much time to give a answer, the only thing i see is them closing "duplicated" posts.

I played Cabal Online for some years long time ago. GG always brought problems to users and still couldn't stop hackers. At some given time GG updated itself and became a data colector, keeps an eye on pretty much everything you do online...still didn't stoped the hackers but still was giving problems to normal users with crashes and disconnetcs...boy i've learned so many crash codes at that time!

At a given time, many ppl left that game because of GG, including me, so i was really sad that i was forced to install GG once again after so many years of online gaming.

I don't like being "watched" and i don't like having crashes or disconnections, i don't care if it's false positives or whatever, i just can't enjoy the experience of having GG screwing once again a game i like to play and where i charge some money. For those given reasons i'm thinking of quiting. It's completely annoying to restart the client over and over again.

Hope this is fixed very soon because my patience with GG just faded out long time ago and i am seriously not in the mood to get into it again on a weekly, if not daily basis.

EDIT

And most important, GG just screws the memory, making leaks(can't even think straight about this so it might not be a leak) and just making your memory usage go near 100%

Archived