Hello gameguard, Hello Disconnect again

Valiant

Well the title say it all, I was enjoy the game last month without any problem or disconnect.

But today hello gameguard you back to random disconnect and lag me -.-

Remove this stupid program -.- it just useless anit-cheating progam, sigh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try disabling firewall and any anti virus, or anti malware program running on your pc.

And if your mouse/keyboard have a button bind program, disable that program too.

After doing that i can bns perfectly fine.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

We have received many reports from players about GameGuard conflicts from today’s update. GameGuard is one of the tools we employ to combat malicious activities in game. Getting rid of hackers and botters is a top priority of ours and GameGuard greatly helps with such malicious behavior.

For those experiencing the side effects of the program, please contact our Technical Support team by submitting a ticket with your .erl information. Your details will help us troubleshoot and reduce GameGuard’s impact on legitimate players.

Please follow the below steps to help us collect information:

1. Head to https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/categories/200407529-Technical-Support

2. Select "Submit a Ticket" and be sure to submit a ticket to "Technical Support" to make collecting information easier.

3. Provide the .erl information within your ticket. 
    1. How to gather .erl files can be found here: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207985036

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

Try disabling firewall and any anti virus, or anti malware program running on your pc.

And if your mouse/keyboard have a button bind program, disable that program too.

After doing that i can bns perfectly fine.

I did try all of that and nothing help at all.

Hello everyone!

I have a similar problem with the game I think. Just now i updated the game and want to play for a litle, but it dont start :S
I see the NClaunher, click on the "Play now", them the gameguard is running, it seems everythings ok, but them i see the cool dragon loadni screen, and them the loading screen is disappear, and the game is not running.  i try things like switch off my firewall, my antiwaer program but nothing. Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

i had to disable my 3rd party process manager to get into the game, which really sucks seeing that program auto sets the priority to high on the client which helps out with some of the performance issues. now i have to set it each time i play :/

i guess i'm glad gameguard is not hiding the process at least.

Gameguard is causing ~50% CPU usage itself because it is conflicting with Skype, then generating an error with Windows Error Reporting multiple times a second. This is ludicrous. I understand the need to combat bots, but can we please TEST things first? 

Faulting application name: SkypeHost.exe, version: 10.1.2123.10, time stamp: 0x569054dc

Faulting module name: npggNT.des, version: 2016.1.25.1, time stamp: 0x56a5fbc8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000102eb

Faulting process id: 0xe140c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d174dbfd6bfab0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging2.13.20000.0_x86_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SkypeHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard\npggNT.des

Report Id: 709d1eed-b6ef-4a02-9d7d-20c4b3789b24

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Messaging2.13.20000.0_x86_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

5 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

We have received many reports from players about GameGuard conflicts from today’s update. GameGuard is one of the tools we employ to combat malicious activities in game. Getting rid of hackers and botters is a top priority of ours and GameGuard greatly helps with such malicious behavior.

For those experiencing the side effects of the program, please contact our Technical Support team by submitting a ticket with your .erl information. Your details will help us troubleshoot and reduce GameGuard’s impact on legitimate players.

1. Head to https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/categories/200407529-Technical-Support

2. Select "Submit a Ticket" and be sure to submit a ticket to "Technical Support" to make collecting information easier.

1. How to gather .erl files can be found here: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207985036

That means nguard will stay and whoever wants to play the game will be forced to install a rootkit that compromises their computer safety? you should have told me that before, so I would have saved the money I spent in this game. Time to say goodbye to NCsoft forever and think about suing the company to get my money back.

5 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

The only thing GameGuard can prevent is direct stuff like cheat engine. I hope you people honestly don't think GG is able to stop anything other than script kiddies that have found presets from some shady forums? Anyone with half a brain can bypass GG and it takes less than 2 minutes of google searching to know how to do it. 

If you're going to implement an anticheat, at least make it hidden like Warden and change the offsets and values more often. 

No offence to you, but I don't like when people are lied to, GG is useless and doesn't stop hackers or botters.

8 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Despite the game still opening with gameguard, the gold spam is back in full force just as as bad as it has been. Didn't even take them one day to bypass it.

How can you guys still think it's worth it?

I honestly don't see a single reason you guys would, except if what another user said is true that gameguard pays NCSoft to datamine our PC's.

It's the only logical reason I can think of, with all of the glaring problems and proof time and time again that it doesn't successfully perform its "intended purpose"...

As long as the anti-hack/bot protection is client side, people can modify it and bypass it.

There needs to be some type of server-side protection, even some ingame GM policing would go a LOT farther than gameguard to combat the current gold seller and bot problem

And yes, making a server side protection costs money. Hiring ingame GM's costs money.

But wasn't NCSoft boasting about having 2 million players not too long ago? I'm pretty sure most people buy at least premium, if not more things like costumes etc. 

Come on, i'm pretty sure you guys have the resources and are more than capable of doing much better than gameguard!

6 hours ago, Smo said:

Despite the game still opening with gameguard, the gold spam is back in full force just as as bad as it has been. Didn't even take them one day to bypass it.

How can you guys still think it's worth it?

I honestly don't see a single reason you guys would, except if what another user said is true that gameguard pays NCSoft to datamine our PC's.

It's the only logical reason I can think of, with all of the glaring problems and proof time and time again that it doesn't successfully perform its "intended purpose"...

As long as the anti-hack/bot protection is client side, people can modify it and bypass it.

There needs to be some type of server-side protection, even some ingame GM policing would go a LOT farther than gameguard to combat the current gold seller and bot problem

And yes, making a server side protection costs money. Hiring ingame GM's costs money.

But wasn't NCSoft boasting about having 2 million players not too long ago? I'm pretty sure most people buy at least premium, if not more things like costumes etc. 

Come on, i'm pretty sure you guys have the resources and are more than capable of doing much better than gameguard!

2 GMs on NA server and 2 GMs on Europe server , Sure everything will get fixed after doing that

13 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

GameGuard is one of the tools we employ to combat malicious activities in game. Getting rid of hackers and botters is a top priority of ours and GameGuard greatly helps with such malicious behavior.

Gameguard is a rootkit, a keylogger and, as a consequence, it is considered malware by many. You are forcing us to install a harmful sotware if we still want to play the game. I was playing and spending money with this game because it had no such problems. Now that you are forcing players to install 3rd party software that harms our computers, I will consider suing the company to get back the money I had spent. 

You are simply shameful, I disabled my antivirus or my firewall for a game, use a rootkit to prevent boot or hack is simply stupid, now I show you an example if an attacker would use the same credentials of GameGuard finding my antivirus or My firewall that passes this rootkit could exploit this situation to hurt me, I will also note that several antivirus block GameGuard and therefore your prevention becomes useless, besides these, only the EU platform uses the GameGuard, the Russian server does not have this protection and I am back with updates to us and all the text is translated into English, to you the decision of seeing the mass transfer of players to servers with people who reasons.

2 hours ago, underlander said:

Gameguard is a rootkit, a keylogger and, as a consequence, it is considered malware by many. You are forcing us to install a harmful sotware if we still want to play the game. I was playing and spending money with this game because it had no such problems. Now that you are forcing players to install 3rd party software that harms our computers, I will consider suing the company to get back the money I had spent. 

Yah my friend got his Norton to delete the game client every moment when gameguard try to update or work

22 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Could you not just remove "Game Guard" from the game all together, I don't want to install this "spyware" on my system, I asked "NCsoft in a support ticket before I purchased a month subscription and like over $100 in other items if "Game Guard" was going to stay disabled, and they said that it was disabled.

"Thank you for bringing me this issue.

I would like to clarify that Gameguard is indeed disabled for Blade and Soul, however it will still require you to install the Gameguard application to your pc.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions."

"Hello there,

We are sorry but as of now we do not have a definite date on when the game would independently operate without the GameGuard application. 

All we know for now is that the game requires some files from it to run but does not require GameGuard to be a running process.

As long as you can play the game without any problems, it should be fine.

I hope I have made everything clear to you. Please contact us again if ever you have any more questions."

I submit a new ticket asking about "Game Guard" being required to play again, and got an automated response rather than a valid one when I inquired about what they told me about "Game Guard" being previously Disabled" from the game, because I do not consent to having "Game Guard Installed." nor will I allow it to be installed via my "Fire Wall" you see I know what the issue is, I don't want this on my system unless.

.  I want know what the data collection policy is.

.  I want to See the Terms OF Service of Game Guard Itself.

.  I want see a privacy policy.

.  Only runs when the game is running at no other time will it impact performance of any other system file while the game is not running.

.  I get a Uninstaller for "Game Guard" that I can uninstall it with it would be re-downloaded if not installed and show the agreement again for "Game Guard" and provide the uninstaller again.

The problem is that EU, and U.S, have very strict Laws, against this type of acts, and I want to see the following as stated above, I want to be made aware of what this stuff is doing on my computer, it has caused damages to my system before, and I do not trust or want to use it ever again, but to begin with players who pre-order this game, or started playing are not made aware of Game Guard and its malicious acts, and I do not and will not provide a ".ERL" file from my "Game Guard Folder to "NCsoft" unless I can read what is in it.

Perhaps I am too protective now over my personal information, and what I am willing to trust, but I should be able to see this information as requested above, just saying Third Party's are not responsible for damages there are Loop - Holes around this, and it begins to show that people can't trust NC - Soft as a company.

.... If Game Guard was made more transparent, and offered the following as stated above, and actually did something about cheaters, I wouldn't mind using "Game Guard" I used to use these on many F2P Games before I understood the type of damages these Anti-Cheats were doing to my system and saw the decrease in my system even without playing the game at the time that required it.

... And if you question about me hacking when "Game Guard wasn't on, or using exploits" please look over my account for the 2 weeks I was able to play without game guard installed or running.

3 hours ago, LilithDragonFlower said:

Could you not just remove "Game Guard" from the game all together, I don't want to install this "spyware" on my system, I asked "NCsoft in a support ticket before I purchased a month subscription and like over $100 in other items if "Game Guard" was going to stay disabled, and they said that it was disabled.

I did mail the support aswell, They did respond and ask me to disable my Antivirus or Firewall.

So it seem like "Gameguard" got a problem with connection and Legal "Antivirus and Firewalls" That mean Gameguard is just a crap anti-cheating that is useless and make Antivirus programs to trick to delete Game client or in worst case (Which is my case ) Disconnect and make a lot of delay into game playing.

So far the only anti-cheat program that I saw was really nice and not harmful to my pc, Was PunkBuster from APB : Reload.

It didn't harm my connection or my system like Gameguard do, Maybe it's useless like gameguard but atleast it don't affect legal players :/

On 02/03/2016 at 10:34 PM, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

What I dont understand is why is is after all the trouble it caused and NC seemed to have the sense to remove it that it was put right back in again? It does NOTHING but cause trouble for people, What the hells going on up there?

4 hours ago, Raiya said:

What I dont understand is why is is after all the trouble it caused and NC seemed to have the sense to remove it that it was put right back in again? It does NOTHING but cause trouble for people, What the hells going on up there?

i wish they really just remove it forever

God the amount of delay I have right now at the game while it suppose to be early morning, Mean not many players around and got around 80ms without packet lost still having alot of delay and all of that since last patch and gameguard -.-

I don't get it...

I have NOTHING to interfere with the gameguard's no program that might cause trouble...

and disabling the AV never was needed for gameguard to work while I play... yet I can't even play 5minutes without getting an error and game crashes

PLUS I just had to block 2 goldseller bots that trying friend me before it happened... -.-" (the fact I CAN'T report them as "spam/goldsellers" is irritating on itsown since they can try friend me over n over AGAIN even when they're blocked ffs..)

if the game will continue have them pesky goldseller spammers that tries their way with us players in every possible way, even via forums .. I might quit the game coz it kinda ruins any possible chance for me to enjoy the game and what it has to offer :\

31 minutes ago, PKaBoo said:

I don't get it...

I have NOTHING to interfere with the gameguard's no program that might cause trouble...

and disabling the AV never was needed for gameguard to work while I play... yet I can't even play 5minutes without getting an error and game crashes

PLUS I just had to block 2 goldseller bots that trying friend me before it happened... -.-" (the fact I CAN'T report them as "spam/goldsellers" is irritating on itsown since they can try friend me over n over AGAIN even when they're blocked ffs..)

if the game will continue have them pesky goldseller spammers that tries their way with us players in every possible way, even via forums .. I might quit the game coz it kinda ruins any possible chance for me to enjoy the game and what it has to offer :\

You know they can remove GameGuard and use any decent anti-program that work 100% better and cost like 100% of your pc and network resource 

Archived