An open letter to NCSoft's lack of support effort.

This thread from here on forward should be the end all be all. All complaints, solution recommendations, and results should be posted here for the benefit of everyone not searching through 20 pages of forums.

In spite of the recent ban waves, many of us have been caught in the crossfire. As much as I admire the immediate action against botters and gold sellers, your methods have failed, and as a result you are losing dedicated members of the community. I myself am starting this due to the influx of bans that have been reported over the last 7 days, ironically since the ban waves have started to combat "Bots".

So let us begin with the most important point.

Your customer support is a joke. Do the research I did, which results in your team only using the same exact 3 copy + paste emails for a response to EVERY request. This is not how a company who claimed a potential 1 BILLION dollar loss on one of their old designers selling code, should handle customer support. Someone needs to either light a fire under these individuals, or find someone who values a career enough to take each case seriously. They are defacing your company by the hour, and should be addressed immediately.

I'm keeping this short as hopefully one day someone who actually cares about revenue will visit these forums. Feel free to post below what else needs to be addressed immediately, and I'll continue to reach out to every possible contact I can find.

i  feel u .  I sent 2 tickets and got the same paste and copy response, They  remind me   why i quited Aion that  i  played  from launch for 1year. Great job ncsoft like in that game       your support  is 0. Bots and spammers everywhere and you bann  people   that use their own gaming  hardware that comes with the legal software for that product. I think  what are u doing its kinda illegal more . So  keep the good job and  this game  will be a  ruin just like Aion.

Best regards to that

I personally now have 13 emails. All 13 have the same 3 responses. Their amazing support team now closes my tickets, without a response. What's worse, is my ban reason makes no sense, seeing as I'm a lone wolf and play solo 99% of the time.

I don't think NCSoft is the kind of company you're going to get much reply from. They're quite a typical corporate-style company, with a great distance from the playerbases they serve. It's a shame really. Unlike other devs like CIG for instance.

Archived