Forums

Stuck on Preparing (Compiling list of update files)

LoveByHate

Im getting stuck on this step when I hit the update button when I use the launcher. The bar just stays at 0% and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the launcher. Is there any way I can fix this because I searched pretty much everywhere for a solution already.

I've been having this same ridiculous issue for a week now. It's to the point where I had enough and re-installed the game. But unfortunately it didn't help and now I'm back to where I started.

I do a File repair and I just get stuck at 100% with File check in progress.

I do Update and I just get stuck at 0% the entire time. Once in a while it just gets stuck at 16% and never downloads a single thing...

This is clearly an issue with either Gameguard or something on NCsoft's side of things. 

Same here from yesterday, but it finally went ok after a couple of relaunch but today since morning am still struggling with it and it's still stuck with the compiling thing. Is there a fix of something will be nice. Guess am not the only one with this issue

It's finally on, Duno how, i finally just feed up with it for one full day of waiting so i just launch the launcher and ignore it, re-click on update in case it gives and error and relaunch the launcher when it suddenly just disappear like while watching a youtube and to was still stuck on compiling when suddenly i just saw it change that they latest is update and that play but is back and works fine. As always there a big problem with launcher only.

In short: just open the launch and ignore it and check if it show the error or disappear and restart the launch and ignore it again by doing something else to parse the time. =^-^=

I was experiencing the same issue by the sound fo it, I would get stick on 0% repair, sometimes it would never load, especially during peak times.

I contacted support who suggested the following:

1. Download this file http://i.gflclan.com/start_client.bat

2. Place it in your BnS\bin folder, alongside Client.exe.

3. It's contents: 
• Start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode2 -lang:English -region:0

4. Right click and Edit the file from region:0, to region:1 (for Europe)

5. Double click the newly edited start_client.bat file to bypass the launcher

This worked for me, completely skips the dreaded launcher, of course you will need it if there are any updates. Until then, hopefully this fix is useful to others.

Archived