Jump to content
Forums

Bots actually good (not skill-wise)?


Recommended Posts

Since bots have flooded Silver and Gold in the arena, it's been increasingly easier for average - not so very skilled players (like myself) to hit Gold and stay comfortably in mid Gold. Good part about this is that this does make acquiring Soulstones somewhat easier. At the least we can get a guaranteed 30 Soulstones which is more than what PvE gives you in a day. On top of me not being a good player, playing with 380 ping makes it impossible for me to get my skills of in a timely fashion. So PvP is out of the question for me on a regular basis. So in that regard, I welcome the bots, can't lie. If it makes getting Soulstones easier, I really have no room to complain.

 

I'm sure other players have their gripes, but again, due to how much Soulstones are needed in PvE content, yet PvE lacking the rewards to give you that, the bots to me are very convenient. Not only for the fact I can hit Gold now, but also because they helped drive the prices down on market.

 

And PvP or PvE/PvP players can now hit Plat thus giving them more Soulstones and Zen Beans, so I guess there is a benefit for them? Although I do understand those who are adamant about PvP and why they may not like bots. Boring, repetitive, makes our PvP look like trash, etc...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should play skyrim if you prefer to fight AI than real people, tbh. It is not fun to fight bots, it is repetitive and boring, there is no room for improvement.You learn nothing at all. If you have 300 ms it's your own problem, not other players'.Justifying bots by saying it gives free soulstones and easy gold is unacceptable, you really should be ashamed of yourself for perpetuating such an exploitative behaviour as botting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just being honest. Like my work paying me for 4 hours despite the fact I only work for 30 minutes. Even if it's "wrong" (subjective based on your country's or region's law) I really can't complain about it.

 

I'm not saying bots shouldn't be removed, I'm just saying for the time being, they are convenient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bots create MMR inflation, which takes away from the competitive integrity of arena.

 

Before the bot inflation, I was around 1650-1700 MMR on my BM. Thanks to bots, I'm sitting at around 1850. Did I get better since then, maybe a little, but I can't help but feel like my rating is not accurately depicting my level of skill, which is bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, amorent said:

You should play skyrim if you prefer to fight AI than real people, tbh. It is not fun to fight bots, it is repetitive and boring, there is no room for improvement.You learn nothing at all. If you have 300 ms it's your own problem, not other players'.Justifying bots by saying it gives free soulstones and easy gold is unacceptable, you really should be ashamed of yourself for perpetuating such an exploitative behaviour as botting.

It's an unfortunate truth that being honest tantamounts to being a villain. I prefer to fight both Ai and people, but the keyword is "fight", in other words, have a proper match. And where did I blame other players for my ping? I blame my government for that one if I had to blame anyone. I also never said bots give "free" soulstones or easy gold. Hell, outside of referring to PvP rank, I didn't mention gold as the in-game currency. I just simply said that they "make acquiring Soulstones somewhat easier".

 

On a final note, I never said bots were a good thing which I still believe is subjective. I just said, it's a convenient situation and by all means, if they were removed, I would not complain either. I'm just simply stating the situation as-is from my point of view.

1 minute ago, TheRealBronx said:

Bots create MMR inflation, which takes away from the competitive integrity of arena.

 

Before the bot inflation, I was around 1650-1700 MMR on my BM. Thanks to bots, I'm sitting at around 1850. Did I get better since then, maybe a little, but I can't help but feel like my rating is not accurately depicting my level of skill, which is bad.

That I can agree with. As I said, I am a bad player and before bots flooded Arena, was sitting on low Silver. I use to roll my eyes fighting other Silvers (yes I know that's all I would fight once I hit that rank). And when I went up against a Gold, I knew I was going to lose with no competition. Now, I'm sitting mid-Gold and can even beat other Golds (assumably around my MMR that aren't bots). It's true Arena was not built around Gold being the player norm and it could throw a spanner in the works for future updates and official competitions/tournaments.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 811135_1452549862 said:

Since bots have flooded Silver and Gold in the arena, it's been increasingly easier for average - not so very skilled players (like myself) to hit Gold and stay comfortably in mid Gold. Good part about this is that this does make acquiring Soulstones somewhat easier. At the least we can get a guaranteed 30 Soulstones which is more than what PvE gives you in a day. On top of me not being a good player, playing with 380 ping makes it impossible for me to get my skills of in a timely fashion. So PvP is out of the question for me on a regular basis. So in that regard, I welcome the bots, can't lie. If it makes getting Soulstones easier, I really have no room to complain.

 

I'm sure other players have their gripes, but again, due to how much Soulstones are needed in PvE content, yet PvE lacking the rewards to give you that, the bots to me are very convenient. Not only for the fact I can hit Gold now, but also because they helped drive the prices down on market.

 

And PvP or PvE/PvP players can now hit Plat thus giving them more Soulstones and Zen Beans, so I guess there is a benefit for them? Although I do understand those who are adamant about PvP and why they may not like bots. Boring, repetitive, makes our PvP look like trash, etc...

 

I understand your point and i think you are right, while i also think the rest of the guys are right, tho they answer with very inmature comments like ''retard, noob, you are on drugs'', while there are smart ways to talk about it, but well, thats internet, it give them the power of being anonymous so they feel safe behind their PC so they are agresive.

 

ok on the topic, bots are like the relaxing time in the PVP Arena currently, you get matched against them and feel more relaxed, but that shouldnt exist in a competitive game, the thing is, right now the BnS servers are very unstable so it offer a very bad connection for those outside US, this dont happen to me in other MMORPG games, but here in BnS, in a moment i have 1 seconds delay betwen skills, and sometimes they are instant for no reason, and yes i have TeamSpeak which allow me to check my Ping connection, and i am fine, but the game server is unstable. Why i bring this to the topic? because for the time being, those that live outside US have a chance to progress thru the arena instead of being matched against the unfair issue or server lag.

 

The class i am looking for to play is Kung Fu Master, but because the server is impossible to me play that class, instead i decided to play Summoner which is the most rewarding class in term of latency, meaning is the easiest class to play, but if i cant use my favorite class's, KFM and BM, i need something to play meanwhile, and i am doing good in the arena with my Summoner even tho sometimes i lose to a few players with better latency than me because they can counter my skills instantly, while i cant do the same.

 

Bots should be removed asap and as the server lag should also be fixed, but is true that this shouldnt be one excuse to be happy with the bots, i am not happy with them neither since many of my wins dont feel exiting since they are free wins, but your agresive and unmature answers to the OP just show how terrible person and bad education do you have in your home, guys, dont use the anonymous status of the internet to be mean to strangers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the replies to this topic were pretty disgraceful heh. Putting words in people's mouths much?

 

I'll be the first to admit that I got boosted through gold by beating Destroyer bots dozens of times - at one point I had an 18 win streak as an FM against destroyer bots because they didn't have any way to deal with having their engagement abilities being blocked and having their deflect blocked by Ice Tornado.

 

I then got to 1770 and first human player was an assassin who was significantly smarter than the bots (and me, for that matter) and only ever revealed themselves to try and bait me using Decoy, and otherwise ran around throwing poison flasks at me the whole game.

gg

 

I haven't fought a destroyer bot for some time now and I'm being roadblocked at 1800 atm, can't go any higher. Haven't seen many bots around this area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...