Lets have a vote on removing gameguard

Phorni

Well i dont get why u dont want gameguard but i dont have any problems i also have a naga with 5 keybinds 1QV S4.

The only thing i noticed since yesterday patch was that i cant see client in task manager to set it in high priority in details tab

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, azraelkun said:

Well i dont get why u dont want gameguard but i dont have any problems i also have a naga with 5 keybinds 1QV S4.

The only thing i noticed since yesterday patch was that i cant see client in task manager to set it in high priority in details tab

They probably run bots or something idk. smhee Games been fine for me.

+1

Bots and spammers were doing their work when I logged in this morning.  Gameguard does nothing.  It only hampers legitimate players.  People who use shady methods can easily bypass programs like Gameguard.  The same shit happened in Archeage.

1 hour ago, Smo said:

Despite the game still opening with gameguard, the gold spam is back in full force just as as bad as it has been. Didn't even take them one day to bypass it.

How can you guys still think it's worth it?

I honestly don't see a single reason you guys would, except if what another user said is true that gameguard pays NCSoft to datamine our PC's.

It's the only logical reason I can think of, with all of the glaring problems and proof time and time again that it doesn't successfully perform its "intended purpose"...

As long as the anti-hack/bot protection is client side, people can modify it and bypass it.

There needs to be some type of server-side protection, even some ingame GM policing would go a LOT farther than gameguard to combat the current gold seller and bot problem

And yes, making a server side protection costs money. Hiring ingame GM's costs money.

But wasn't NCSoft boasting about having 2 million players not too long ago? I'm pretty sure most people buy at least premium, if not more things like costumes etc. 

Come on, i'm pretty sure you guys have the resources and are more than capable of doing much better than gameguard!

Just gonna quote myself and leave it here.

I've voiced a strong opinion against gameguard for awhile now, some might think it's for fishy reasons, but no, I just don't like the fact that my games performance is being impacted for literally no good reason.

I don't like that some people are putting their computer at potential risk of breaking down because of it.

I don't like that it requires people to shut off their antivirus to play the game, it's false game security at the cost of real PC security.

I don't like one single thing about it.

And it's an extra slap in the face having to deal with it, when you log in game and see all of the spam and know that all the headaches it's causing you are for nothing.

Just leaves a really bad taste.

Paid NCsoft $200, and Trusted they would make the right decision, this is what I get for trusting NCsoft again after their Lineage 2 Game which I played since 2005 went "Free 2 Play" my account gets compromised because of an exploit in their site all my Gear goes missing, and the GM is like "Sorry we can't restore your account?" And gives me a bound set of gear not even for my character, go figure...

Honestly Remove Game Guard do the right thing and stop screwing over your customers Deal With the bots other ways.

5 hours ago, Marmelon said:

They probably run bots or something idk. smhee Games been fine for me.

It's very sad then there are naive people like this who BELIEVE that GameGuards PROTECTS us !

You must be new to the MMO scene or simply stupιd to believe that. For starters bots and hackers are using a MODIFIED version of BnS , which is obvious.Then you see a train of 20 destroyers with hongmoon gear do you believe the bots opened the game via NCSoft's launcher ? top kek. They don't care if we run GG or not , they bypass it anyway , it only damages the legit players.

Secondly , GG reduces performance on an already bad optimized game and at the same time its protection is DISGUSTING. I just entered the GG folder , deleted 16 out of 20 files (while the game was running) and boom , GG is dead ! Macros can be used again while with GG they couldn't.

This "program" is that you praise as a protector , i didn't even google the solution i was pretty sure that it didn't improve since 10 years ago and it would be really simple to fix.

And no , GG does NOTHING to protect you against spammers since they don't even run the game to spam , naive cellbags. Spammers are getting banned automatically by the system - server side if you report them enough bla bla , GG does nothing about it.

Yesterday night arena was full of destro bots and I had to block a dozen spammers this morning too, so gameguard isn't really working.

Please, please remove it. It's only hindering legit players.

And last be not least keeping GG will only make NCWest sloppier and give more advantages to hackers/botters/etc because NCWest will be like "eh okay we have taken care of those bad guys already we have done everything we could , xD" instead of getting rid of it while at the same time improving our client's performance and making adjustments on the server side - the best solution to counter cheats/hacks and abuses.

It would be for the best of both the company and the customers throwing it on the recycle bin.

35 minutes ago, PureNamikaze said:

I have no idea why everyone's hating on it but i have no problems with GameGuard XD

Buuut since everyone's  voting on it so i might as well too. So +1!

Even if you have no problems with it , it hinders BnS's performance for sure so i guess you have a problem but you haven't payed attention yet or don't care but its there

+1

Cause it's a rootkit-like software (and i didn't like it) and it's useless too

And more over if people start to leave the game o stop the purchase of nccoin, for the gameguard issues, didn't think is a good thing for ncsoft

so did you guys try disabling  Windows defender via the services  , even without gameguard that thing alone was ruining online games for me by creating infinite loging loops and such  , also try disabling the firewall  if that alone doesnt work 

(dont forget to enable firewall after playing if it helps ) 

Archived