Lets have a vote on removing gameguard

Phorni

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it's going to help much, but .... +1

I'll wait and see for a while. If it stays in, I'll likely go and vote the only possible way: by playing something else. I've got 2 more MMOs  I can spend money on - they sure aren't perfect, but they don't pull this kind of crap on me.

I agree "Remove Game Guard" Once again I am unable to play after the patch because of "Game Guard".

I do not consent to "Third Party Spyware being installed on my computer which is not developed by NCsoft, I am not made aware of "Game Guards" EULA, Privacy Notice" or anything, it installs itself to other parts of my system I do not consent to, so I blocked it now  I am unable to play again because "NCsoft keeps turning this damn thing back on.

Other users who have installed this are having problems with their Anti Virus, or Legit programs like RAPTR, unable to play the game because of it without closing these, and game guard also opens internet explorer to tell me there was an error my defualt is chrome proves its a piece of shit.

I am looking for current ways outside of here to Launch, and play my game without "Game Guard" I don't want this 3rd party software which can in theory compromise a users computer by allowing a outside hacker to maliciously emulate a game and installs Trojans on a users computer, even if a user removes the NCsoft game because "Game Guard" stays running at all times hidden in the system directories.

Also enjoy the short rest of Bots being unable to spam, they will be back as soon as they update their hacks and clients to bypass the new version of Game Guard.

Gameguard won't be removed because they are paying NCsoft for the data they collect on your computer.  Gameguard is nothing more than a rootkitish data mining program, disguised as an anti-hack tool.  Hacks can still be used even with gameguard etc etc, however NCsoft recieves money from Gameguard since they are using their product and data mining our pcs.

Its quite easy to disable and bypass gameguard so gg to that fail company lol.

ok my pc started to work with an strange noise in the backround after the uptade logged in and the noise got worse, logged out and the noise was still there , i did reboot and stated to work fine again logged ingame again and the noise started. wtf with this gameguard update??

+1000000000000000000000000000000

Please remove gameguard.

I haven't been able to log into the game for the past few hours, and I've been trying everything to get rid of this piece of crap error 4049. 

Please remove it. I want to play the game, and it's not our fault that NCSOFT fails to find better ways to deal with gold sellers and spammers than to introduce 3rd party software that's outdated, and doesn't perform it's intended purpose.

REMOVE IT. PLEASE

Archived