This game is pay to win, you know it, or I will show you.

mihwK

27 minutes ago, Xogi said:

What I can tell you now, if you don't want to buy the skillbook for that amount of money, wait until we get Silverfrost Patch, this will open a vendor that requires you to have 1.3k Achievement Poins and 70 Naryu Silver to buy the book. You see? The supply & demand is something you need to research before bashing other people for being a kid, kudos to you my friend. You won literally nothing. 

Exactly, I am arguing about lvl 50 and balance relying on these skills and HM levels. People that QQ about summoners or whatever without grinding XP, achieves, skillbooks will be in exactly the same or worse position as now, which will result in game bleeding more players, until it will become very niche with same faces playing/wintrading with each other. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem like a awful design choice, but more of in how important the HM skill is instead of the rarity and cost. "Pay2Win" is sadly a necessary evil for free games, at least how I see it. Not sure what's up with all the personal attacks and trolling though.

this game is PLAY TO WIN as well, if you just play 2 hours a day and cry 3 hours at forums, it wont help you get the book. The phrase "pay to win" is something that you can only achieve by MONEY and you can't achieve by farming, so stop this type of crying you are just spamming forums with bullshit.

6 hours ago, mihwK said:

I would like to have the defending people of this game explain me how this is not pay to win:

BM /  Warlock / BD - BSH 4man Skill Books

These Books:

- have a price of 400g+!

- they increase the power of the character tremendously

I tried to inform myself over the Warlock, and people say the book will increase the DMG by 70%.

I've watched MANY youtube videos, where ppl would talk about builds and specifically say "you can't do this without the BSH book".

A person willing to spend irL money, is able to buy Gold and with that, able to buy these insanely overpriced books.

If I face a mirror match in arena as any of the stated classes above, the game will be unfair. It's not an even match at all, and my enemy has the potential to buy this power = pay to win.

Whiteknights (fanboys) assemble!

not my problem u play 2h / day, i can earn up to 80-150g a day and i suggest you to play facebook games instead of crying here. cya

Just now, Whimsicalalien said:

And you don't see the problem that lvl50 skillbook available to lvl45 who either need to be rich/lucky in  game or rich irl to get the gold for it ingame? To me it looks like a p2win trick from NCsoft.  Majority of warlocks will not have this book.

I don't care about p2w debate, only the huge barrier of entry for arena, which is supposed to be equalized, but evidently won't. This is bad for alts, bad for people that do not dedicate all their time to this MMO and bad for newcomers.

5 minutes ago, Somnolence said:

I don't care about p2w debate, only the huge barrier of entry for arena, which is supposed to be equalized, but evidently won't. This is bad for alts, bad for people that do not dedicate all their time to this MMO and bad for newcomers.

Sorry, I meant to quote another player, not you. I actually totally get what you are saying.

Any game that has a in game currency exchange and allows you to buy in game gold with real money = pay to win. If you people don't understand that then you really have no idea what pay to win is.

With in game gold you can not only just buy super hard to get skills books to improve your characters power in all areas of the game, but you can buy everything on the market place needed to upgrade all of your gear (with the exception of the purple breakthrough pcs which are very easily farmed)  increasing the power of your character in PVE and open world PVP.

Personally I would like to see the currency exchange removed and gold drops in game increased. The 15 gold per day you get from running dailies is not enough to upgrade all your gear never mind save up for your skill book. And anyone who says just farm your book and don't buy is a retard. Because of the horrible loot system in this game you have to have a ton of gold to join a pug group to outbid them for it. So your only option is if you have a good guild. Good luck with that those are pretty rare.

This game is not pay to win. It has pay for convenience, which is essentially in any game (you can buy gold and exchange it for ingame money with the risk of being banned in any game). 

Pay to win means getting something that is exclusively obtainable through real money. For example: bound, non-tradeable cash shop costumes with stats. Urban Dictionary is not a valid source for your arguments. You would get laughed at if you decided to use it in an educational or professional setting. 

I don't know if you're just truly baiting for responses, but you did a good job if that was the intent. 

23 minutes ago, Yoshi77 said:

Any game that has a in game currency exchange and allows you to buy in game gold with real money = pay to win. If you people don't understand that then you really have no idea what pay to win is.

ANY game should have exchange feature no matter what. I cant effort cash shop items, but I can give my ig currency and buy the stuff I want.

I never spend a single cent in this game, yet Im walking around with my fairly high-end gears, having one of the most expensive skill in the game (Blade Master) and total of 67 Outfit in my character.

Just read the comments and ''learn'' the defination of p2w. Theres a huge diffrence between p2progress faster and p2win. If this game is alive right now, its just becouse that people who buys NCoin. Bless them.

Why feed the troll? this is just another noob who doesnt have a clue about how this game works, its broke and now have to flame the game to try to feel less incompetent.

every game EVERY SINGLE GAME will have people that will spend money in a legal or illegal way to get advantages over players that dont spend money, that doesnt mean you can't get the same without paying, thats why this game isnt p2w, just because someone can waste IRL money to get the skillbook faster than you doesnt mean you cant get it without using your IRL money.

learn to play and you will see that you dont need IRL money to "win" the game.

9 minutes ago, Ryuukishi said:

1/10.  Being a parasite, instead of getting a job and joining the contributing members of society, should be nothing to be proud of.

Not hard, but for some players farming for xx hours per day is mind-numbing boring. In my case, I'd feel like my brain cells dying if I had to find pleasure in doing the same stuff over and over in the same environment for xx hours day after day. Many other players find these activities fun and that's perfectly fine!

Well BnS is not Moba but korean-MMO. When someone spend xx hours a day in game, they should have advantage over the one who spend less than 2 hours. 

as you can see yes its kinda pay 2 win but.. if you have common sense most of the items for now has max upgrade or limit upgrade like true pirate.. its just  2 journey you choose farm and enjoy the game or upgrade your items max lvl in pay2win way just like you said and get bored fast:D

7 hours ago, mihwK said:

I would like to have the defending people of this game explain me how this is not pay to win:

BM /  Warlock / BD - BSH 4man Skill Books

These Books:

- have a price of 400g+!

- they increase the power of the character tremendously

I tried to inform myself over the Warlock, and people say the book will increase the DMG by 70%.

I've watched MANY youtube videos, where ppl would talk about builds and specifically say "you can't do this without the BSH book".

A person willing to spend irL money, is able to buy Gold and with that, able to buy these insanely overpriced books.

If I face a mirror match in arena as any of the stated classes above, the game will be unfair. It's not an even match at all, and my enemy has the potential to buy this power = pay to win.

Whiteknights (fanboys) assemble!

even if these people buy the book with real money, they could still be a very bad player and also in future patches these books become much easier to get anyway so its not pay to win at all

the people who buy Ncoin and buy gold just to get the book is just silly, when i can easily to dailies, craft, sell stuff and still buy the book without wasting a penny

10 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

Guys ... buying outfits ingame is P2W!

Are you trolling or for real? Outfits are purely cosmetics, it's not like getting Blue Porcelain will give you 100+ ap.. Besides, you can sell ingame gold and buy HM coins to purchase pretty much the same stuff that Ncoins can buy. You people have no idea what pay to win means do you?

Archived