This game is pay to win, you know it, or I will show you.

mihwK

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why na server item price that high?

because less ppl is willing to spend time to grinding for it.

even there is, will they grinding it for sell? less.

not like other server there are some ppl who work with game= =

but it illegal for cash selling ~ u know china server? they is not bother with the workshop thing.

and those item in the market was like cheaper then supermarket.

why na server item price that high?

because less ppl is willing to spend time to grinding for it.

even there is, will they grinding it for sell? less.

not like other server there are some ppl who work with game= =

but it illegal for cash selling ~ u know china server? they is not bother with the workshop thing.

and those item in the market was like cheaper then supermarket.

I will not protect the autor of this topic, but ...

He's right.

Certainly not, Bns is not a P2W game but it looks like.

When u playing a Blade Master, to be called a "Blade Master" u need to get a stupid book skill that making you useful.
Without, in arena you completly suck. U will never be platinum.   Almost the same in PvE, you're damage sucks compared to the other class.

The book skill is around 350~400g. Daily give you 10G~per day.
For real guy ?

Doing the BSH 4 man? When the book is around <0.1% and even if you loot a book, it can not be for you class.

So, yea..  Its not called a P2W game, just an horrible game that tempt you to buy Gold to progress.

14 minutes ago, Shanlieteru said:

I will not protect the autor of this topic, but ...

He's right.

Certainly not, Bns is not a P2W game but it looks like.

When u playing a Blade Master, to be called a "Blade Master" u need to get a stupid book skill that making you useful.
Without, in arena you completly suck. U will never be platinum.   Almost the same in PvE, you're damage sucks compared to the other class.

The book skill is around 350~400g. Daily give you 10G~per day.
For real guy ?

Doing the BSH 4 man? When the book is around <0.1% and even if you loot a book, it can not be for you class.

So, yea..  Its not called a P2W game, just an horrible game that tempt you to buy Gold to progress.

BM's don't need the book to reach Platinum in arena. There were BM's in Plat and Diamond before the HM skills were even implemented. They were just good at the game.

Having the book does help, but without the skill and knowledge needed to compete in the highest ranks, you're still going to be garbage. With or without HM Lightning Draw.

If your damage sucks compared to other classes in PvE, it's because you're undergeared. Not because you're lacking damage on an ability with a 60 second cooldown.

10 hours ago, mihwK said:

I would like to have the defending people of this game explain me how this is not pay to win:

BM /  Warlock / BD - BSH 4man Skill Books

These Books:

- have a price of 400g+!

- they increase the power of the character tremendously

I tried to inform myself over the Warlock, and people say the book will increase the DMG by 70%.

I've watched MANY youtube videos, where ppl would talk about builds and specifically say "you can't do this without the BSH book".

A person willing to spend irL money, is able to buy Gold and with that, able to buy these insanely overpriced books.

If I face a mirror match in arena as any of the stated classes above, the game will be unfair. It's not an even match at all, and my enemy has the potential to buy this power = pay to win.

Whiteknights (fanboys) assemble!

It isn't exactly pay to win, but I would like to state... the drop rate of ur class' weapon by opening a weapon box is insanely low, for example to get the profane staff from profane jiangshi, I opened some where around 100 profane boxes... but hey u know wt, that weapon is nontradeable, so I can't even buy it from other people....

Hence little bit of p2w with that brilliant key mechanics...

Spent a week slaughtering profane jiangshi....  before I even got it is like do I cry or do I quit? And this is not the only weapon I have experienced it with... first the stalker weapon... spent all my 15-20 keys opening stalker boxes none.... tried recreate char... 5 times nvr once...  then I realised u can't trade before level 15 it's the awe of God when I realised that...

Then again we have the blackram narrows... spent all my keys yet again nope 0hope... and one of my friends grinded blackram narrows from lv20 to lv29 non stop and still haven't gotten his weapon then he quited... wp wp very wp indeed... I don't mind it being rng but 1/1mil% is not rng.... at least not for a must have item to make any proper progress... 

Then I feel lucky I picked summoner... can solo grind dungeons with under leveled equipment like it's a piece of cake.. cannot imagine what it would be like if I picked kfm OR FM XD 

But this game isn't exactly p2w it's just annoying grinding mechanics which revolve around "have u bought ur lottery ticket today?"

13 hours ago, TheRealBronx said:

BM's don't need the book to reach Platinum in arena. There were BM's in Plat and Diamond before the HM skills were even implemented. They were just good at the game.

Having the book does help, but without the skill and knowledge needed to compete in the highest ranks, you're still going to be garbage. With or without HM Lightning Draw.

If your damage sucks compared to other classes in PvE, it's because you're undergeared. Not because you're lacking damage on an ability with a 60 second cooldown.

Of course, you can be really good without that skillbook but honnestly...
If that book price is arround 400G, its clearly not for nothing.

That skill increase the power of the Blade Master considerably.
You can be good without, but with, you're at least just like the other class. 

Its not about my undergear, im def fine with that.

On 3/2/2016 at 0:20 AM, Nickilli said:

No pay to win means the only way to obtain something is with real life cash a paywall....

Gold is earned in game therefore it is not in anyway shape or form pay to win....

You can buy gold with money. It is P2W being that the limiting factor for upgrades and skills is gold. Keep defending it though. It's cute. 

What is this fool? This game isn't pay 2 win. I don't have 400g but I can tell you I have farmed far more than 400 g during my bns gameplay. My lv 31 alt alone have earned more than 100 g from crafting and selling.

1 hour ago, Zooks said:

You can buy gold with money. It is P2W being that the limiting factor for upgrades and skills is gold. Keep defending it though. It's cute. 

But the ability to buy gold does not make it pay to win...

The only thing that makes it pay to win is if that is the only way to get gold or items a PAYWALL.

The fact that you and the OP does not understand that makes you well..... The word is not cute.

6 hours ago, Nickilli said:

But the ability to buy gold does not make it pay to win...

The only thing that makes it pay to win is if that is the only way to get gold or items a PAYWALL.

The fact that you and the OP does not understand that makes you well..... The word is not cute.

You have a laughably narrow definition of P2W. That's fine. I think that if you can pay your way to the best gear and skills in the game, which you can, it is P2W. You don't seem to agree, which is fine. Apparently, Archeage isn't P2W either according to your definition. 

Pay-to-Win is when you buy an item Exclusively from an in-game store that gives you a Huge Advantage over anyone else does not buy said item.

Sure you can trade in NCoin for gold, but Ncoin does not give you Exclusive access to a Power Item or Skill that someone who does not Purchase NCoin cannot obtain. Both sides have access to the exact same item, does it feel cheap when people use this method to get gold for it sure maybe, but Pay-to -Win is a bit of an exaggeration.

http://toucharcade.com/2016/02/25/why-pay-to-win-is-a-flawed-concept-the-carter-crater/

article on touch arcade. probably a bit more credible than an urban dictionary entry by a guy named "Icupeverynite"

Edit: as a side note. I'm a game developer. I took programming and game design courses in college. I wouldn't consider this game pay-to-win. Definitely paying helps speed things along. But everything is also possible with time, skill, luck, or allies.

People really have a problem understand P2W

If you think spending 400G to obtain a book that can be farmed in the game is P2W. Fine, leave now.

Before I dont believe NA QQ the most. Now I am positive that this statement is true.

Oh and forget to tell you. If you are really too lazy to earn 400g in the game and just really out of luck in the dungeons, this book can be traded IN GAME with your reputation points at lv.50

• 4 weeks later...

"[...] if there’s an item that is available only in the item shop, that cannot be gained via in-game activities, and is statistically better than anything available in game… that’s pretty much the definition of pay-to-win."

http://www.mmobomb.com/what-really-constitutes-pay-to-win

In my honest opinion, this thread seems more of a jealousy thread. The people that sell the book, you called them "trash", which was one of the signs that makes it seem like you're thinking "why did they get the drop and I didn't? It should have been me, the bastards". The people you called trash might have got it on their first run, or maybe not, maybe they grinded and grinded for weeks or months, and finally got it, and they sell it so they get a "reward" for their "work". I used to play a game that would only let you upgrade your weapon with in game items up to a certain point, if you wanted to upgrade more, you needed a special item which was only available on the cash shop, for real money. I think that is the real P2W. But here, everything is available through in-game grind, the fact that some people choose to buy certain things, doesn't mean you are forced to. When you have absoloutely no other choice but to spend real money to advance, then it becomes P2W, when you just have to stop and throw in your real life salary to become better. You don't have to here, you can just keep grinding and grinding without forcely having to "swing your credit card". I think I said too much already, because a lot of people said all this above, but you decided to ignore it. Not to mention that the fact that this game this is P2W or not, is irrelevant, it is a game and the fact that some people decide to spend their salary on it is none of your business and has 0 impact on your real life. You just want to argue your point because you are probably dissapointed after some loss you had in the Arena and some people have the financial possibility to purchase some things via real life currency. 

• 7 months later...

Its funny how people claim its not p2w.

when the top Korea Players even say its p2w.

Pay2Advance thats a good one lol

This game is all abaut progression if you can go from 500 power to 800 just by spending money its p2w 

Hilarius People defending NCsoft

They did the same with gw2, they always say we dont like to do it but then still do it.

You're getting used and fcked evry single time with the same condom.

There is a guaranteed easy and free way to obtain this book.

Its sold by the Cold Storage vendor for 120 Frozen orbs. 1 Run of CS nets between 3-5 ave to 10 or so possible orbs.

Run CS once a Day for 10-20 days. Buy the Book!

No cash involved, minimal rng.

30 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

Its sold by the Cold Storage vendor for 120 Frozen orbs. 1 Run of CS nets between 3-5 ave to 10 or so possible orbs.

Run CS once a Day for 10-20 days. Buy the Book!

Even easier:

Run CS also with your alts (if you have), because these orbs are account bound now.

On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 2:15 AM, mihwK said:

I would like to have the defending people of this game explain me how this is not pay to win:

BM /  Warlock / BD - BSH 4man Skill Books

These Books:

- have a price of 400g+!

- they increase the power of the character tremendously

I tried to inform myself over the Warlock, and people say the book will increase the DMG by 70%.

I've watched MANY youtube videos, where ppl would talk about builds and specifically say "you can't do this without the BSH book".

A person willing to spend irL money, is able to buy Gold and with that, able to buy these insanely overpriced books.

If I face a mirror match in arena as any of the stated classes above, the game will be unfair. It's not an even match at all, and my enemy has the potential to buy this power = pay to win.

Whiteknights (fanboys) assemble!

Dont be a crybaby you want all without any type of farm? Those books are free if you go cold storage and exchange for 120 orb, get cheap from npc if you archieve 1250 archievement point. And btw why you attack directly WLs, a WL without that book is pretty useless, i think you play a FM it is pretty OP(all fms want 1 hit kill all buff) one of the higher dpser in this game. So if you dont like this just quit stop crying.

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived