This game is pay to win, you know it, or I will show you.

mihwK

I would like to have the defending people of this game explain me how this is not pay to win:

BM /  Warlock / BD - BSH 4man Skill Books

These Books:

- have a price of 400g+!

- they increase the power of the character tremendously

I tried to inform myself over the Warlock, and people say the book will increase the DMG by 70%.

I've watched MANY youtube videos, where ppl would talk about builds and specifically say "you can't do this without the BSH book".

A person willing to spend irL money, is able to buy Gold and with that, able to buy these insanely overpriced books.

If I face a mirror match in arena as any of the stated classes above, the game will be unfair. It's not an even match at all, and my enemy has the potential to buy this power = pay to win.

Whiteknights (fanboys) assemble!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, news757 said:

Just save your money up and buy it. Just because you're broke dont cry pay2win. Im far off from buying the book nor do I care at lvl1 warlock but will save my money up to buy it.

Just because you have to save up for it, doesn't mean someone else isn't able to simply buy this power for money, it's not fair.

P2W is about getting an advantage over others with money, which these books exactly do, their drop rate is insanely low.

"zomg guys, it's P2W because I can't afford the skill people that people are selling on the Auction House!"

mihwK I just need to go and tell me mum what you said as well, as I'm sure she will also find it very informative.

They said, they won't do pay to win stuff in this game, they keep saying this many many times aswel.

You should learn what pay to win means, I already stated and copied you the dictionary, atleast try to fanboy a little smarter.

3 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

zomg guys, people are selling items for large amounts of gold that I can't afford ... it has to be P2W!!!!

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

It's okay bobby, I will explain this to you, I'm expecting brainless people when I make a thread like this.

Someone who can buy power at a faster rate because he pays for it, is the definiton of p2w. Just because you can save up gold doesn't mean it's not p2w. I just rocked your world, admit it.

so... your logic here is this

A Person has a CHOICE and its not RECQUIRED to buy gold ( and potentially get banned for this) to buy a silly item in a game that could potentially make a character jsut a bit stronger....

This is not the definition of Pay to win. Pleeeeease stop waving around this Pay to win crap for every little thing... jesus you kids are embarrassing  me to call myself a gamer =/

cff.png

(If you can't afford something, go earn it yourself. Getting the minimum equipment for 4 man BSH isn't difficult with proper resource management.

The only difficult part will be groups that don't know what they are doing and the drop rate. The books are expensive for a reason.)

6 minutes ago, mihwK said:

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Get #rekt kid, you should learn before you open your mouth.

I'm simply posting a statement as a question. This shit is pay to win, it's 100% PAY TO WIN. I don't need any explanation, I simply need people to see it so NCSoft can go back to their word and do something about it.

Whoever came up with this explanation of a definition is a retard. No wonder you don't know what P2W governs when you're using fake sources in the first place.

10 minutes ago, mihwK said:

Get #rekt kid, you should learn before you open your mouth. Buying that Book for irL money(Euros = Gold) means at a faster rate.

I'm simply posting a statement as a question. This shit is pay to win, it's 100% PAY TO WIN. I don't need any explanation, I simply need people to see it so NCSoft can go back to their word and do something about it.

First of all that is pay2advance not pay2win. Second, again it is the players that make the prices not the Devs, so just because it costs 400g now and you cannot afford it doesn't mean it is pay2win. Before Warlock announcement the his book was ~30g on EU which you can farm in 1 week with super casual play (30-60mins per day).

Archived