Diminishing Returns - Solution to botting, exploits, and general abuse

Nezakhan

Unstoppable, uninterruptable, and downright silly. 100% to 0%, and there's nothing you can do about it. Nobody sees this is genuine skill vs. skill. When it happens, it agitates many to no end ( it's the constant complaint in every arena room) It's not that you're "butt-hurt" - it's because (whether you've invested time, or time + money) actual "playing" is halted, and you're reduced to just "watching" - you no longer have any involvement in what happens in PVP. I've been CC'd in many other games, but never to this degree.

There could be other solutions to this, but I'm looking at the idea of diminishing returns. Excessive use of repeated skills yield less damage for a duration, thus ending bots, and forcing exploiters to engage in PVP, as you do. No more would PVP in this game be something you watch, and instead be something you do.

I like to think that there are others that enjoy BnS and put a lot of time into it, and so I'm asking my fellow theory-crafting sages for ideas on any method of diminishing returns and more.

Halp me, Obi-You-Kenobi. You are our only hope.

Archived