Apprehensive about starting pvp...

Yesma

I'm loving BM for pve so far, and haven't touched arena yet, but I just can't pull off a full cc chain like the videos show taking someones hp off 50-75%. Im almost certain I won't get nearly as fast or fluent as someone like Jeasung in his YouTube vids. I never downed anyone in open world and the few times I fought in my full pve spec, it was frustrating chasing anyone running or strafing. And then there are bms who took me from 100-0 at lvl 45 (I have mushins/bsh ss'). This seems so binary to me - you chunk or outright kill someone in a cc chain or play passive until cool downs are up? Or is it feasible to chip away at the opponent by way of shorter cc chaining? 

The thought of pvping with BM has gotten so apprehensive I'm Lvling a FM to at least have an easier time at world pvp-i always did better as ranged in other pvp games. So I guess this is more a question if BM is suitable to me for pvp at all. 

Few things...

I'm a top 200 BM, and I feel helpless with my pve spec. It's just how it is(I've killed people with it, but that was 100% their problem). Our pvp spec and pve specs are wildly different. You'll need time to learn how to play your pvp spec too.

World pvp is also vastly different from arena pvp. I can drop someone with half my combo in open world...meanwhile I can't kill someone with the full combo(no hongmoon skill) in arena.

The way a bm plays in pvp is revolved around their giant burst, it's not about chip damage. Though you can try the Divebomb chip build, but I'd recommend you read through the 75 page discussion a few threads below about why you shouldn't really do that.

Also right now with how BM is balanced with the other classes, you need to know the most about your opponents over any other class. If you can't recite their abilities by name, don't expect to get very far.

I main a BM but because the BM requires a massive understanding of all the classes I'm leveling a alt of all the classes, but that isn't really required to do but it helps. But yeah like ghobe  said, you need know e other classes skills as well as your own. I've talked to a top 50 BM and he had never played the others classes but he could tell you how to do their pvp builds 

Just try arena man, you really have nothing to lose. If you win, you gain beans and exp, and if you lose, you still gain a small amount of beans and exp.

Nobody is going to judge you, because in Bronze and Silver, nobody can even see your name. You just appear as "opponent." It's totally anonymous.

There's daily quests for pvp where you don't even have to press a single button in combat, and you still receive the rewards for completing your daily.

If you lose, so what? Que up again. You literally have nothing to lose, you only have much to gain.

Yeah just go and try.  No big deal : ) 

The sad part is you might get a lot of bots and not learn all that much from them =(((

Yesterday I did arena for first time with my FM and I did a 10 win streak.  Went to gold in one shot. I think most were bots : (  Literally all destroyers acting odd.

Yea maybe I'm just overthinking things, and I always disliked extended fixed rotations of skills. Trying some shorter cc chains in mushin's tower and getting a little more comfortable but keeping track of all these cooldowns, some that can't be seen until you switch stances is mind-boggling.

In all honesty BM's are on the weak side but i main one and in arena feels great when you win player or bot i dont care a win is a win BM's are on the harder side to play and learn but once you get your build and know what to do you will enjoy the hell out of it in owpvp its a totally different scenario as gear plays a huge part but i love my BM stick to it and you will enjoy 

BM requires insanely good knowledge of other classes, but more importantly, insanely good latency compared to most other classes.

I have 220 latency in arena because the European servers are absolutely garbage. I have a hard time maintaining platinum on my BM. I decided to reroll Summoner and on that I am diamond, top 200 in Europe with a lower HM level than my BM. If you want a more enjoyable and easy time, reroll to something else. If you want to painfully prepare yourself for the future where BMs are supposedly better than they are now and your latency isn't atrocious, then play BM.

Archived