Just started playing arena for the very first time

Truce

2-0 so far; 1st one against summoner and second one against destroyer. Both matches were like 

t563vm.jpg

against the summoner, I would lose like 30% hp out of nowhere, no cc or nothing just hp straight up vanishing. I just outdamaged him. 

against destroyer, lost first match won the last 2. Very quickly learned what “blew tab too early" meant. Was able to guess when he was gonna do that jump->stun shit and block to stun. 

man arena is so intense. maybe it's easier if I wasn't playing as BM. I really need to learn what other classes do. I just know destroyers are basically molesters, grabbing u whenever they can. 

As a fellow BM, it gets more fun the more you learn the class. When you pull off some sweet chain and your opponent went from 100-30% HP and you're sitting there not knowing wtf you just did, it feels so good still. I've noticed I've learned a lot more about pvp playing this class as opposed to Destroyer and FM because you simply cannot spam skills and win. You can't afford to waste Z pull or mistime your Lightning Retribution daze after their F roll. You can get punished so easily but damn is it fun once you start learning stuff.

I've only recently started hovering around 1700 but if it weren't for Warlock coming out, I'd completely main this class.

1 minute ago, Enamour said:

As a fellow BM, it gets more fun the more you learn the class. When you pull off some sweet chain and your opponent went from 100-30% HP and you're sitting there not knowing wtf you just did, it feels so good still. I've noticed I've learned a lot more about pvp playing this class as opposed to Destroyer and FM because you simply cannot spam skills and win. You can't afford to waste Z pull or mistime your Lightning Retribution daze after their F roll. You can get punished so easily but damn is it fun once you start learning stuff.

I've only recently started hovering around 1700 but if it weren't for Warlock coming out, I'd completely main this class.

how does z pull work? it pulls them to u? I didn't skill that. I'm using JunHo's skill tree. 

yee I had no idea what was going on most of the time. sometimes I accidentally stunned/dazed them and was blocking and was like oh they r cc'd. then I just mash buttons for damage. somehow won. 

Just now, Truce said:

how does z pull work? it pulls them to u? I didn't skill that. I'm using JunHo's skill tree. 

yee I had no idea what was going on most of the time. sometimes I accidentally stunned/dazed them and was blocking and was like oh they r cc'd. then I just mash buttons for damage. somehow won. 

Sounds like me my first few times playing BM lol. But yea, the Z pull pulls people to you but can be I-framed/blocked/Parried. You can stop Destroyer spin with it also ;p

1 minute ago, Enamour said:

Sounds like me my first few times playing BM lol. But yea, the Z pull pulls people to you but can be I-framed/blocked/Parried. You can stop Destroyer spin with it also ;p

o ye the destroyer would do a power-up gesture every and then. does that make them immune to cc or give them more damage? I just moved the hell away from them whenever they did it. 

Just now, Truce said:

o ye the destroyer would do a power-up gesture every and then. does that make them immune to cc or give them more damage? I just moved the hell away from them whenever they did it. 

It's a skill called Fury with a 45 second Cd. Red = higher crit and damage, immune while they're casting it, and lasts for 5 seconds iirc. Blue = breaks your CC and they're immune for 6 seconds if specced down the complete right side. But yea, just SS if they're near you when they Fury and run. Be ready to 2 stun them if they jump you or spam Q/E to iframe it. If you're in Blade Call, use X to prevent them from pulling you if they've specced their Z to throw an axe (you can also reflex block this if you have good ping).

Arena is very fun, and very silly.

Sometimes  rather amusing things can happen.

For help understanding the ranks:

Bronze: Still learning the game or just bad at it.

Silver: Decent at the game or plays for fun without a care.

Gold: Cool kids club.

Platinum: Might be good.

Diamond: Korean bronze.

Or at least that is what ranks are to me.

Just now, Enamour said:

FTFY :^)

Source: Am gold and haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing.

Such is also a fitting name for the rank.

Although leveling alts has taken priority over me playing arena.

Still enjoy moments where I can repeat stuns as a FM.

8 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Srsly? Try arena on high elo as FM and tell me how spam skills work lol.

Well didn't mean it that way but in low elo (gold and below) you can get away with just spamming stuff imo. Of course, that's not the case in Platinum and above (although some can still argue here).

25 minutes ago, Truce said:

2-0 so far; 1st one against summoner and second one against destroyer. Both matches were like 

t563vm.jpg

Hahahah!

Arena is so scary! I don't know why I'm forced to do it, but I do it for soulstones.

9 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Well didn't mean it that way but in low elo (gold and below) you can get away with just spamming stuff imo. Of course, that's not the case in Platinum and above (although some can still argue here).

You blindly spam skills skill and get eaten by everything that walk around...bd/bm/destro counter stun,summoner counter/petals heal,sin counter...you have to time your attacks and when not to attack and when to attack.It's been like an ages since for example I had BM sitting on 1 all day long and I can just disable it and eat him...too long to even remember.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but a ton of destros are bots. The way you can tell is to sprint right towards them and jump, they'll most likely charge at you and  if you keep flying around and landing every often you can see if they try to jump on you etc or use fury. They're just bots and super easy to beat. When you get to gold you can tell by their names nearly all the time.

Also, bots tend to wear the same few things, pure evil maybe a faction uniform or hongmoon one. They usually have profane axe too.

3 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but a ton of destros are bots. The way you can tell is to sprint right towards them and jump, they'll most likely charge at you and  if you keep flying around and landing every often you can see if they try to jump on you etc or use fury. They're just bots and super easy to beat. When you get to gold you can tell by their names nearly all the time.

Also, bots tend to wear the same few things, pure evil maybe a faction uniform or hongmoon one. They usually have profane axe too.

dam bots r so rich. I don't even get profane for my alts. 

I'm gold purely because the bots are really easy to beat for me. My rank is incredibly artificially inflated because of it and I honestly don't know how I feel about it. More soulstones from the pouch is awesome but I just feel kind of... dirty.

Archived