FM vs Reflect stun

KimHyuna

Don't know if anyone else said this because I CBA to read all of that text, but as a FM, you use Frost Tornado to get a BD or Destroyer to stop spinning for 4 seconds as long as the first hit connects. As for deflect, you just hit in between the spins. This is relatively easy for Destroyer as their spin is generally slower and easier to identify, and BD's spins just seem endless. They only parry .5 seconds after they begin spinning, so if you can learn to time your hits to that, it makes the matchup slightly less cancerous than normal. 

I also recommend running Frost Burst (Ice Z) against BD's. It stops them from spinning, and if you time your CC's/Chill right, you can even control the tempo of the duel and get them in a lengthy combo. 

27 minutes ago, Lovey said:

Don't know if anyone else said this because I CBA to read all of that text, but as a FM, you use Frost Tornado to get a BD or Destroyer to stop spinning for 4 seconds as long as the first hit connects. As for deflect, you just hit in between the spins. This is relatively easy for Destroyer as their spin is generally slower and easier to identify, and BD's spins just seem endless. They only parry .5 seconds after they begin spinning, so if you can learn to time your hits to that, it makes the matchup slightly less cancerous than normal. 

I also recommend running Frost Burst (Ice Z) against BD's. It stops them from spinning, and if you time your CC's/Chill right, you can even control the tempo of the duel and get them in a lengthy combo. 

I don't know why people that play FM keep crying about Destroyer ,they can cry about BM or BD as much as they want

But for the love of God, Destroyer ? Destroyer is like the only class without immune and most of time they are under their freeze locks or not able to spin thing beside FM having ability to counter attacks as well and worst part it cannot be bypassed with pierce parry

I know some going to say  , Destroyer got a 8 second HM shield  that heal them and protect them that has 45 second CD well *cricket*ing FM got freeze for 5 second every 30 second and 1min freeze shield.

Beside FM having a *cricket*ing 2 escape with 30 second short Cd while destroyer two escape is 30 second and 1 min not to mention if destroyer goes for blue buff that mean they can't 100-0, While FM can force destroyer easily into using both escape of they got cached into stun combo and be able to 100-0 that destroyer easily if they forced out of escapes.

7 hours ago, FrozenB said:

For those of you who think other classes like BD, dest, BM or SF is superior than FM, I would suggest you go make a new character as one of those "OP" classes and fight a 'good' FM in F9. Then, you would know why you can't kill these "OP" classes.

We don't have to, from 1v1 to whatever modes with official ranking there are, the rank statistic itself pretty much sums it up for us.

52 minutes ago, Valiant said:

But for the love of God, Destroyer ? Destroyer is like the only class without immune and most of time they are under their freeze locks or not able to spin thing beside FM having ability to counter attacks as well and worst part it cannot be bypassed with pierce parry

Calm down, FM can only stop your spinning for a few seconds while that skill has a CD of 30s. The remaining 26s you can spin to prevent getting frozen. If you are not frozen you cannot be stunned locked.

The only remaining option is for FM to press 3 to stun you, simple just tab out. If FM use 2 to daze you, simple just F out. No more options but to freeze you and try to stun you with 1. But a simple spin you will get out of freeze.

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

I don't know why people that play FM keep crying about Destroyer ,they can cry about BM or BD as much as they want

I know some going to say  , Destroyer got a 8 second HM shield  that heal them and protect them that has 45 second CD well *cricket*ing FM got freeze for 5 second every 30 second and 1min freeze shield.

Beside FM having a *cricket*ing 2 escape with 30 second short Cd while destroyer two escape is 30 second and 1 min not to mention if destroyer goes for blue buff that mean they can't 100-0, While FM can force destroyer easily into using both escape of they got cached into stun combo and be able to 100-0 that destroyer easily if they forced out of escapes.

Jeez. Calm down, dude. I never said FM v Destroyer was a hard matchup. If anything it's 40-60 in the FM's favour. The spinning problem isn't more for Destroyers as it is Blade Dancers. The problem with spin classes is that if they are running parry, they severely limit what a FM can do. Especially if they have high or fluctuating ping. If you are a FM, your LMB and RMB DO NOT PIERCE PARRY. Meaning that it is impossible to switch stances without blowing vital cooldowns, and many people struggle with this. 

14 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

Your logic is cute ~ but sadly a change THAT big left un-announced would most likely cause an uproar right the way, it doesn't have to wait until you "spill the bean".

But my point stand, there is no announcement about Divine Veil has "resist stun on deflect" for the NA client and also I was able to provide the proof that there is no such thing and a video where it doesn't work that way.

Even on B&S Tree, the new one with KR update Oct 19, Divine Veil still doesn't have that function on both trees, so.....I really don't know where did you get your information from really.

Where is your proof that it has such function ? I would love to see it.

As far as I know, in the entire game there are only two classes that has skill with "Resist stun on deflect" and those are SM and Sin. Sm with S1T3 Petal Storm and Sin with S2T3 Smoke Screen, and you can already see how OP the two classes are in pvp already.

How this makes sin op?

Fyi my sin is melee i dont throw stuff to bd so he can parry stun me so this feature not very usefull

20 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:
  1.  Stage 2 Tier 4 Veil can resist stun from being deflected - Wrong 
  2.  Need to be inside the veil for the resist to work, range is 3m - Wrong

For short, Divine veil CAN NOT RESIST stun from being deflected, this is wrong information. We are talking about FM, not SM. 

Proof ~ 

I was standing inside the veil AND within 3m from the FM.

Next time, get your fact straight before talking. 

My poor fm being a test subject Q.Q

11 hours ago, Zerecas said:

We don't have to, from 1v1 to whatever modes with official ranking there are, the rank statistic itself pretty much sums it up for us.

You are assuming every player is at the same level. That's not correct because every player is different and their computer/internet sources are also different. It is just like every human being is different. Don't tell me the statistic from korea server. Even though the korean players are just like bot or even better than bot, but hey have different game patches than we do. 

11 hours ago, Valiant said:

Destroyer has no immune? Are you jokking me? When they are in red spin, nothing can hurt  or cc them while doing massive damage to players. 

FM is good only if they know what they are doing and have good rotation for ice shield and bubble.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Destroyer has no immune? Are you jokking me? When they are in red spin, nothing can hurt  or cc them while doing massive damage to players. 

Destroyer is CC immune, and they get a DEF boost. Red spin doesn't parry like blue can either. However, They're pretty much vulnerable to straight-up range and AOE damage and have to break the spin to iframe, block or dodge anything. 

A range character with at least a half-decent piercing stat (assuming non-equalized PvP) can pretty much melt them from outside of spinning range. 

A destro that's smart about it will wait until you've blown your backstep before spinning on you, so watch out for that. 

Also, if you have any skills that deal focus damage, you can quickly focus starve them out of being able to maintain the spin. 

On 11/1/2016 at 9:10 PM, Cesura said:

Destroyer is CC immune, and they get a DEF boost. Red spin doesn't parry like blue can either. However, They're pretty much vulnerable to straight-up range and AOE damage and have to break the spin to iframe, block or dodge anything. 

A range character with at least a half-decent piercing stat (assuming non-equalized PvP) can pretty much melt them from outside of spinning range. 

A destro that's smart about it will wait until you've blown your backstep before spinning on you, so watch out for that. 

Also, if you have any skills that deal focus damage, you can quickly focus starve them out of being able to maintain the spin. 

A Good FM as well , Can wait and keep counter destroyer attacks till right moment

While Summoner, Warlock can make huge dps from ranged without be able to avoid them like other classes

So yah pretty sure we not that perfect immune to CC, Except every 1 min and for 5 hits only!

The main problem in that matchup is:

FM fails in any way -> tons of damage incoming or even 100-0 if iframes are out an destro knows how to do it.

Destro fails in any way -> FM might land some hits and take some life but because it's almost impossible to stun a destro as FM, the destro can simply spin and stunlock again.

Without godlike reaction time or a bad destro player as enemy the FM is in a big disadvantage here.

Archived