FM vs Reflect stun

KimHyuna

Hey guys,

well perhaps I lack of experience personally but so far I'm able to deal with summoners, and every other class apart 3 specific things on 3 classes, 1: BD, Dest tabbing reflect stun,

2; BM block reflect stun,

I maxed snowball to cancel deffense skills ( doesnt work  after snowball lands blocks are still working as usual) and hoped that veil would help, but even maxed veil doesnt let me evade the reflect stun,

its a really funny thing as soon as I fire i'm becoming stunned and then bursted, once again this goes on repeat, 

anyone else with similar experience? or is this a matter of an unbalanced arena ?

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Meanwhile I rarely defeated FM on my BD. T_T

Why? I only managed to beat BD who don't know how to break freeze.

A BD once beat the crap out of me even without breaking freeze. They have so many CC I was literally in the air or on the ground for the whole match even if I freeze them Q.Q

5 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Why? I only managed to beat BD who don't know how to break freeze.

A BD once beat the crap out of me even without breaking freeze. They have so many CC I was literally in the air or on the ground for the whole match even if I freeze them Q.Q

Because I was always out of focus due to the freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze...and those peeps always stayed a MILE away to stay out of reach to spam again freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze...and you get the point. And I admit I am bad with pvp but I do have some wins against FMs but those were pretty much people who didn't know how to use iframes at all.

7 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Because I was always out of focus due to the freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze...and those peeps always stayed a MILE away to stay out of reach to spam again freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze after freeze...and you get the point. And I admit I am bad with pvp but I do have some wins against FMs but those were pretty much people who didn't know how to use iframes at all.

Yes I get the point because that's what I do :P

I don't know how but BD always break out of freeze by spinning, then they will use a charge attack which will also stun, and launched me into the air immediately. So even if they are frozen, they can still combo me since they are in range.

I have no idea why they don't run out of focus, I don't even attack them.

So I was just pathetically beaten to a pulp without even damaging them :S

To cancel BMs block you need to hit the BM in the exact time he is blocking, thats why you fail most of the time. Other way is to use HM4 T5/S1 but thats a tricky part since they can just V and break out or tab. Other way is by aerial phantom grab specced on 2 points (ya know that skill above your 4 in the skill tree). But since you didnt know how to use snowball, I will just skip this one.

For BD and destro you need tornado specced on either 1 or 2 points (T3/S2,3 snowball) and you need to hit them correctly (land a hit) in order to stop them from using any spin (blocking attacking defense skills).

Also one more thing which not many people understand correctly: since the balance skill patch from 2 months ago, veil can block the stun on deflect (T2/S4 veil) but you need to be on top of your enemy (meaning they need to be INSIDE the veil for the resist to work, range is 3m) tricky but its possible. Only T2 veil can do that (the one that moves with you)

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

Also one more thing which not many people understand correctly: since the balance skill patch from 2 months ago, veil can block the stun on deflect (T2/S4 veil) but you need to be on top of your enemy (meaning they need to be INSIDE the veil for the resist to work, range is 3m) tricky but its possible. Only T2 veil can do that (the one that moves with you)

1.  Stage 2 Tier 4 Veil can resist stun from being deflected - Wrong 
  2.  Need to be inside the veil for the resist to work, range is 3m - Wrong

For short, Divine veil CAN NOT RESIST stun from being deflected, this is wrong information. We are talking about FM, not SM. 

Proof ~ 

I was standing inside the veil AND within 3m from the FM.

Next time, get your fact straight before talking. 

Divine Veil (C)
– enemies cannot parry/counter your attack

This was released in the june skill changes in KR and it was working after they implemented it. Why its not working now is another subject not for here but it was working a few months ago when I tested it.

33 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Divine Veil (C)

This was released in the june skill changes in KR and it was working after they implemented it. Why its not working now is another subject not for here but it was working a few months ago when I tested it.

Ok, you keep bringing KR UPDATE to talk in NA server, so I had to go through the trouble to dig up all the Skill change we have had so far for NA client.

First :

1.  Mar 23rd - B&S Update 2.0 - Silverfrost Mountains : Fix FM's frost palm being unable to use when having only 1 focus left - http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/silverfrost-mountains-patch-notes/
  2.  May 31st - Vengeance Breaks Update : Skill change for Frost Fury/ Second Wind / Shadow Grasp / Divine Veil with Divine Veil can no longer be countered - http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/vengeance-breaks-patch-notes-and-overview/                    

3. August 23rd - Desolate Tomb Update : Skill change for Wind Storm / Second Wind / Mystic Fire with Divine Veil cast faster in succession with other skills - http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/desolate-tomb-now-live/                         

4. Oct 4th - Ebondrake Citadel Update : Skill change for Retreat/ Frost Armor / Mystic Fire / Phantom Grip / Inferno / Divine Veil with Divine Veil now recover 10% HP for all teirs - http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/ebondrake-citadel-now-live/
  5. Latest - Oct 25th - Beluga Lagoon Update : Skill change for Awakened Skills/ Mystic Fire / Force Blast / Inferno - no mention about any change for FM Divine Veil - http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/beluga-lagoon-patch-notes/

SO, please tell me where did they change FM's Divine Veil to be "Resist Stun on Deflect" on the NA client ? Stop bringing KR change to NA client's conversation, please  !!!!

Like they ever announced the big change of the FM stances sticking around after you exit combat :) Not everything is included in the patch notes sadly. That change was left unannounced but I got my info from someone whos playing there.

And if you didnt know, we get ALL skill changes that the Asia region gets without NC touching them.

If FM can resist reflect stun, then they are super OP. There is no way BD, dest, or BM can kill them because they just spam damage from far distance. Freeze freeze freeze. When they charge into FM, FM just ice shield themselves to heal and then move away and cycle repeat.

I have been dealing good FM and bad FM in pvp. It really depends on how good they play and their movement speed. PVP requires good computer and internet because even a split second can turn around a whole match.

1 hour ago, NightFer said:

Like they ever announced the big change of the FM stances sticking around after you exit combat :) Not everything is included in the patch notes sadly. That change was left unannounced but I got my info from someone whos playing there.

And if you didnt know, we get ALL skill changes that the Asia region gets without NC touching them.

Your logic is cute ~ but sadly a change THAT big left un-announced would most likely cause an uproar right the way, it doesn't have to wait until you "spill the bean".

But my point stand, there is no announcement about Divine Veil has "resist stun on deflect" for the NA client and also I was able to provide the proof that there is no such thing and a video where it doesn't work that way.

Even on B&S Tree, the new one with KR update Oct 19, Divine Veil still doesn't have that function on both trees, so.....I really don't know where did you get your information from really.

Where is your proof that it has such function ? I would love to see it.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

If FM can resist reflect stun, then they are super OP. There is no way BD, dest, or BM can kill them because they just spam damage from far distance. Freeze freeze freeze. When they charge into FM, FM just ice shield themselves to heal and then move away and cycle repeat.

I have been dealing good FM and bad FM in pvp. It really depends on how good they play and their movement speed. PVP requires good computer and internet because even a split second can turn around a whole match.

As far as I know, in the entire game there are only two classes that has skill with "Resist stun on deflect" and those are SM and Sin. Sm with S1T3 Petal Storm and Sin with S2T3 Smoke Screen, and you can already see how OP the two classes are in pvp already.

7 hours ago, NightFer said:

Divine Veil (C)

p.s this was a very badly worded change that stopped kfm from q/e'ing your veil for free agility stacks. Had nothing to do with stopping deflect stun. 

Just want to talk about hybrid class of FM.

1. BD

2. SF

Both bd and sf are hybrid of FM, but they have "better" more advanced combo than fm. 

Let's take BD for example, when bd grab you, they have the option to damage you with flying swords.

When FM grab you, its just a shit grab, where is the FM's fire and ice orbs flying around doing damage.

Let's take SF for example now, when sf knock you into the air, they blast you with multiple ice shots keeping you in the air for 3seconds

When FM knock you into the air (stun + fire tab) you're in the air for 1 second, that mean FM barely dealt any damage.

The other FM air combo is (cc + fire tab + z + 4) air time remain the same... 

Just wanted to compare the hybrid class of FM to the original.

On top of all this, FM main kit are all projectile, where is our pierce parry like summoner's lmb

projectile -> parry stun -> dead

For those of you who think other classes like BD, dest, BM or SF is superior than FM, I would suggest you go make a new character as one of those "OP" classes and fight a 'good' FM in F9. Then, you would know why you can't kill these "OP" classes.

1 hour ago, Sinth said:

p.s this was a very badly worded change that stopped kfm from q/e'ing your veil for free agility stacks. Had nothing to do with stopping deflect stun. 

The funny thing is the person even went as far as claiming the "Resist stun on deflect"  was working after being implemented on NA and he - himself - tested it on NA client. 

1 hour ago, ShiroUmi said:

The funny thing is the person even went as far as claiming the "Resist stun on deflect"  was working after being implemented on NA and he - himself - tested it on NA client. 

I did tested it when I was informed of that change with a BM friend and it worked back then. I havent tried lately because I dont pvp that much anymore.

And no, not on the NA client but on the EU ( arent they the same? :D )

I'm on EU and I can tell you that divine veil has never been able to stop deflect stun. The only time you can stop deflect is when you have frost sheathe ready to pop.

The change you quoted in summer was for kfm q/e'ing veil and I think maybe sin q'ing to get stealth.

59 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I did tested it when I was informed of that change with a BM friend and it worked back then. I havent tried lately because I dont pvp that much anymore.

And no, not on the NA client but on the EU ( arent they the same? :D )

NA and EU share the same client ~ now I don't even know if we are talking/playing the same game even ~ lmao

21 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Yes I get the point because that's what I do :P

I don't know how but BD always break out of freeze by spinning, then they will use a charge attack which will also stun, and launched me into the air immediately. So even if they are frozen, they can still combo me since they are in range.

I have no idea why they don't run out of focus, I don't even attack them.

So I was just pathetically beaten to a pulp without even damaging them :S

BD has two types of spin. One is defense buff spin that allows them to have a long-cooldown 3s iframe on demand. Another is parry spin that deflect attack within the first 0.5s, and it can break root/freeze. If you don't get stunned by deflect or see them suddenly walk faster with resist after a spin, or they resort SS instead of spin out of freeze, then it is safe to spam attack all the away. Otherwise, you have to watch their animation. It is safe to attack them after the 0.5s

If BD throw a blade at you and you don't get knock down, then it means they trait for Focus regen. This is one of the reason why BD looks like have infinite focus to spin. You can prevent this with veil, and count their focus use. They can only spin 5 times with full bar, and four more times if their blade throw hits you.

Archived