Forums

Cowards detected? Exit function abuse :O

Zessra

Some ppl started now to use the ->EXIT<-- function in open world pvp, which as I would say is to debug urself and NOT to to instantly flee from a fight when getting overhelmed (or stunlock/lolcombo'd by a destro). How cowardly can ppl get in a game where you loose NOTHING if killed in pvp (despite of Rep Points, oh wow)?

Im a bit irritated there..

Whats your opinion to this? 

I would suggest giving it simply a cast time.

Cast time would nix anyone from using it if they happened to be bugged falling through the ground indefinitely. 

Preventing use while in combat would nix anyone who gets bugged in places around "slashimi" in 24poh, or in the open world behind "invisible walls" form using it. 

The issue is, any fix thats been mentioned so far, has a downside to those who use the esc correctly, not those who abuse it. 

On 1.3.2016 at 0:15 AM, Zessra said:

in a game where you loose NOTHING if killed in pvp

You lose durability, just like after a normal death. >_>

Some people are just trying to minimize their costs, no matter how small.

9 minutes ago, Vexe said:

You lose durability, just like after a normal death. >_>

Some people are just trying to minimize their costs, no matter how small.

I don´t really believe that this is the reason ^^

On 3/1/2016 at 0:15 AM, Zessra said:

How cowardly can ppl get in a game where you loose NOTHING if killed in pvp ?

Exactly, so what is the point of jumping on other peoples in open world anyway ?

The idiotic 10 kill faction quest ? i would easily through the 2 soulstones at the face of that npc any day, it's simply not worth annoying 10 other players for it, and personally, i have enough self esteem, to not allow myself to be killed by a bunch of teens camping quests areas for any soloer running around, with lower hp, wrong build and possibly in middle of a mobs fight.

If you like PvP so much why not go Arena ? till then i hope you get even more irritated with every player, with enough brain cells to escape your meaningless harassment that you call open world PSvP.

On 3/3/2016 at 4:09 PM, Aquel said:

I will have to start reporting these cowards.

No comment ...

1 hour ago, Nory said:

Exactly, so what is the point of jumping on other peoples in open world anyway ?

The idiotic 10 kill faction quest ? i would easily through the 2 soulstones at the face of that npc any day, it's simply not worth annoying 10 other players for it, and personally, i have enough self esteem, to not allow myself to be killed by a bunch of teens camping quests areas for any soloer running around, with lower hp, wrong build and possibly in middle of a mobs fight.

If you like PvP so much why not go Arena ? till then i hope you get even more irritated with every player, with enough brain cells to escape your meaningless harassment that you call open world PSvP.

No comment ...

Open world pvp is satisfying.

Having to watching your back while questing is an adrenaline rush.

5 hours ago, Nory said:

No comment ...

Point of OWPvP? The faction quests aren't supposed to be giveaways. It is intended that, while you do these quests, you are vulnerable to opposing faction's attacks. You need to be vigilant while doing the faction quests, especially in Misty Woods. Mind you, the concept is war, and anybody complaining that they're being attacked or killed while they're not ready in any way, deserves to be delayed or prevented from getting their faction dailies completed. The opposing factions are supposed to prevent the other side from getting the resources, while getting it themselves.

Using 'Escape' in this case is indeed cowardly and abusive - since there is no way to prevent this from happening(except from insane amount of burst dmg, strategic approaches - but these are unlikely to be done at most encounters), unlike OWPvP, where you have the chance to fight, and even have the chance to escape from them if you want. The chances are not even small, there is no excuse for you to complain. Dying to an opposing faction member means you lack one or more of the following: skill, gear, low ping, awareness of the surrounding, group. There might be other reasons, but these are the usual reasons why you die in OWPvP.

Also, from my experience, I believe OWPvP is highly influenced by the community. I have been in other games where the design of OWPvP is much like the same as BnS, but the OWPvP there is much more active and fun. The shout chats during OWPvP may be cussing and all that, but at least they still fight and not cry about every small thing on the forums or try to disencourage OWPvP, whether the other side loses or wins, they still fight. I would still be playing that game rather than this, if only I wasn't so left behind since I had to leave it due to personal reasons.

4 hours ago, disguymAn said:

Open world pvp is satisfying.

Having to watching your back while questing is an adrenaline rush.

This! +1

12 minutes ago, Khensei2 said:

Dying to an opposing faction member means you lack one or more of the following: skill, gear, low ping, awareness of the surrounding, group. There might be other reasons, but these are the usual reasons why you die in OWPvP.

or just the fact that the zerg legion of your server of choice has 50 players camping questers on every channel at any given time of the day.

even if you manage to somehow get attacked by only one person, you cant wint anyway because before you kill him there will be 7 more.

That's an issue that needs to be solved. The game or NCSoft could offer compensations(that can't be abused) for being in the underdog faction, but it will most likely take some time to implement this. Like I said, "Dying to an opposing faction member means you lack one or more of the following: skill, gear, low ping, awareness of the surrounding, group."

You could try and gather people to do faction quests with and formulate some strategies in order to complete the faction dailies. I have not seen such numbers except during a time when a faction is trying for Blackwyrm. So if this happens, best to try some other time.

ons.

7 hours ago, Khensei2 said:

Point of OWPvP? The faction quests aren't supposed to be giveaways. It is intended that, while you do these quests, you are vulnerable to opposing faction's attacks. You need to be vigilant while doing the faction quests, especially in Misty Woods. Mind you, the concept is war, and anybody complaining that they're being attacked or killed while they're not ready in any way, deserves to be delayed or prevented from getting their faction dailies completed. The opposing factions are supposed to prevent the other side from getting the resources, while getting it themselves.

This, i learned to always go into misty woods with a PvP build on just in case someone wants to try and sneak up from behind me. If it's a group of people, i try my best to stay and run straight for terrors. Hey, if i'm gonna die because of a group, i may as well take you down somehow

12 hours ago, Nory said:

No comment ...

If I am doing my quests and get attacked.. I fight back.  They have popped Ice Armor and exit when they begin losing.  I am not the best PVP player, but I am better than some.  Your quoting me and then no comment is pointless.  Whether you agree or not with me is your choice, but to me if you attack and then are about to lose, so you resort to Ice Armor and exit basically exploiting the exit system.. you are a coward and I will report you.  

The 10 kill quest is pointless indeed.  I do agree with you on that.  I can solo brightstone and sell the tears that are selling as of last night at 96silver each and just buy the 2 soulstones faster than it would take me to do the quest and hunt 10 crimson.  I don't attack others unless they attack me or unless I am a kill or two away from finishing the quest.  I usually complete it every few days from others trying to kill me.

On 3/3/2016 at 5:25 AM, Elmala said:

I don´t really believe that this is the reason ^^

Nope its exactly the reason. I won't hesitate to Escape if I'm being ganked with no way out, because I'd rather not needlessly waste repair hammers.

lolwut? You'd go far as report them? Why? Those who love pvp always say that pvp is war so people shouldn't complain when they wear a pvp costume and get rekt. But not everyone in war is a Spartan ready to die. There are "cowards" in war. There are people who will "tactically retreat". If they don't want to give you the satisfaction of killing them, I mean owells. It's a cowardly move--I ain't arguing that--but that's war too.

Lol@theguy saying he gunna report. Anywho I guess ill start report ing people for resetting waido and kutul, preventing me from playing game..what about clearing out talus and having people just take your prisoners..once again disrupting game.  What about someone throwing you into blackwyrm or the terrors, they purposely exploiting my repair tools...list goes on and on...

Considering how hardcore everyone in here sounds about PvP...why are you guys so concerned about people using escape??? Consider that you won already if they had to use it...if you're really concern about actual pvp you would be doing arena..where real pvp is.

The daily = ask for trade kills or kill insig groups cause 1 AoE = 10 kills. Also 2 soulstone isnt worth your time. 

Cast time wouldn't work because when you're stuck...you can't cast. Gladly most of the people butthurt about this are just people who Reeeealllly want to uugh feel special after ganking some dude questing that didn't see them coming or not in PvP build going 5v1on a gank.. 

13 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Nope its exactly the reason. I won't hesitate to Escape if I'm being ganked with no way out, because I'd rather not needlessly waste repair hammers.

if you´ve been ganked it´s ok. But I´ve also seen it in 1vs1^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 10:09 AM, Aquel said:

I will have to start reporting these cowards.

Report them for escaping a possible 3v1 gank on them? Makes sense....makes a lot of sense...they should just stay and fight and die from being ganged up on....makes perfect sense.

^

Basically that.   If people wanted a fair even match they'd goto an arena or battleground. Thats leaves the griefers vs the griefed and you can't begrudge the little guy getting stomped on for saving his time/money rather then taking the beating he can't win.

Thing about OW PvP is that it is rarely PvP.   Most of the time its 4PvP or PvP*0.3 or Pv(PvE), etc

It's not about being a ''coward'', sometimes people tend to do faction dailies only and are not in the mood for open world pvp. So is it wrong to teleport out when you get stunlocked and have a 1 vs15 openworld pvp while u only want to do your faction dailies? think about that, and reporting them for not doing open world pvp is absurd.

open PVP is the developers way of catering to griefers and other losers. any way to sabotage that epeé compensation is a good thing.

there is a reason why arena has normalized gear you know, if you want pvp in a bigger scale i suggest that you ask for battlegrounds that apply this rule.

otherwise you're propably better off with archeage or similar scumdumps.

Archived