Maintenance

Ninfu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

Another whiny thread... really guys after more than a month. It affects me and I do not care as its only once a week.  Just go do something else.  If you cannot take this than stop stop playing a MMORPG and go play offline single player ones.

Oh look let me quess another NA player.

How about go away from threads that does not consider you.

All of you dont want to read stuff like this dont read it

4 hours ago, Evechan said:

GET A LIFE !! the time will stay the same, a.w.a.y.s, get a job, go player another game, help u mother, clear u room, anything, geez.

Good argument well done ill give you 10 points

2 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

While I understand your frustration 12pm is far from "Prime time". Prime time gaming is usually 5pm-12am so the maintenance will long be over before the majority of EU players are ready to get at it.

If you think so then think.

12-4 is bad time at EU anyone who is outside GMT like +2GMT it will hit on prime time. Not alone we will never have quarantees that Ncsoft is capable of getting maintenances done in 4 hours.

Any decent game company adjust their server maintenances so it has minimal effect on players and currently ncsoft does not do that

7 hours ago, Korene said:

What is so hard to grasp... that the maintenance hours are scheduled to fit that REGION where the people WORK time frame. I don't care what game you look at very few games do separate maintenance for each region they just don't! No one is going to flip their schedule for YOU that's what we call rude! In each game some country is gonna get the short end of the stick! Prime examples:

How many american are at work and ready to go by 4am? considering for most businesses it's:

8am-4pm

9am-5pm

Or the company runs on a shift schedule like:

7am-3pm

3pm-11pm

11pm-7am

In Betweens normally on Vary by 1-2 hours from any of the listed times. (Unless in the food industry which NCsoft isn't a restaurant/bar/club.)

7 hours ago, Zephan said:

Uhm. What? You...do realize that timezones don't change when going North/South, only East/West...right? Because the US and Canada share the same timezones, one being directly above the other. Also, Canada is part of NA, NA being the name of the continent, not a country.

Not everyone shares time with Canada when they do things it doesn't go well with central time at least I don't like it!

12 minutes ago, Mishi said:

How many american are at work and ready to go by 4am? considering for most businesses it's:

8am-4pm

9am-5pm

Or the company runs on a shift schedule like:

7am-3pm

3pm-11pm

11pm-7am

In Betweens normally on Vary by 1-2 hours from any of the listed times. (Unless in the food industry which NCsoft isn't a restaurant/bar/club.)

MANY have you heard of plants? Google good sir 

This maintance time is terrible. I think NCsoft dont need our money...

If they won't change this time, many eu players will be left again. I dont know why ncsoft can't learn their misstakes... for example Aion

3 minutes ago, Korene said:

MANY have you heard of plants? Google good sir 

Yes NCsoft is a plant.

Congratulations you figured everything out. 

Also I did say Many, as in many businesses. Not all. 

Good game Madam.

13 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Yes NCsoft is a plant.

Congratulations you figured everything out. 

Also I did say Many, as in many businesses. Not all. 

Good game Madam.

Well most mmo companies do their maintenances at those odd morning hours which is normal... Tera does it all the time... Ffxiv does it all the time... Ncsoft been doing this before blade and soul alll the time. Since we are talking about specific sections of the business world. Their hours are completely normal for this field and it is not irregular for them and having cranky players whose region's peak hours are affected by Maint is of course in this line of business very normal and currently trending. Merge all regions Maint time=cutting costs 

Altough I do agree with some of you saying "It's not that of a big deal, just get over it"; I would like to see them if they had their day offs on Wednesdays and not being able to play due to European timings. I bet forums would explode with anger and hate. Anyway Idc, because I'm working throughout it, but a lot of my guild mates hate this maintenance timing, and I have to agree with them too, because NCSoft should care about Europeans, and should take them into consideration too.

2 hours ago, Korene said:

Well most mmo companies do their maintenances at those odd morning hours which is normal... Tera does it all the time... Ffxiv does it all the time... Ncsoft been doing this before blade and soul alll the time. Since we are talking about specific sections of the business world. Their hours are completely normal for this field and it is not irregular for them and having cranky players whose region's peak hours are affected by Maint is of course in this line of business very normal and currently trending. Merge all regions Maint time=cutting costs 

FFXIV has own maintenance times based on region. Atleast EU has morning times.

Any respectable game company that wants their customers happy will do it based on regions just because merging them just wont work.

12 hours ago, Ninfu said:

And yet another maintenance that will hit EU prime time. Seriously when do you guys get these things sorted out?

Worst argument ever about this was "then other region would get it first" How would that be any diffrent from now? Eu players playtime is cut half or more because of these ridiculous maintenance times.

Even if you guys dont want to have seperate maintenance times then atleast give us fair treatment and rotate maintenance times like you do with live streams.

This been ongoing issue which is yet resolved and also you guys promised us the solution which clearly not happening any time soon.

How long till Ncsoft realises that EU deserves fair treatment?

So anyone who does not know maintenance starts 4 PST which is 12UTC.

So far we dont know how long downtime it will be but judging previous one i would not suprised it to be +4h +1-3hours for screw ups

They said on stream that EU and NA were tied or something. I hate it too, we have to wait till late afternoon to play because the patches are always extended. 

Frustrating beyond word for EU players.

20 minutes ago, Tyche said:

They said on stream that EU and NA were tied or something. I hate it too, we have to wait till late afternoon to play because the patches are always extended. 

Frustrating beyond word for EU players.

Yes they said because they have locate certain features to same server which is to cut corners and save few extra dollars. They can just easily put them seperate servers and do maintenances seperately.

Even if they dont want to seperate them they can easily rotate maintenance times

You guys are forgetting something crucial about those games with dedicated servers for regions like wow and final fantasy.

They are PAY TO PLAY which means they can afford it while most f2p games at least at launch or within a year of it to prove it earns enough do not have maintenance times for different regions.

Sigh why doesn't anyone see that -.-

14 hours ago, Ninfu said:

And yet another maintenance that will hit EU prime time.

No it doesn't. Just because you play at a certain time that doesn't make it prime time. Your prime time - Yes. Game prime time - No.

32 minutes ago, ShadowRose said:

You guys are forgetting something crucial about those games with dedicated servers for regions like wow and final fantasy.

They are PAY TO PLAY which means they can afford it while most f2p games at least at launch or within a year of it to prove it earns enough do not have maintenance times for different regions.

Sigh why doesn't anyone see that -.-

Sight yeah sure rotating maintenance costs so much more oh wait......

Archived