Forums

Maintenance

Ninfu

NCsoft fix your connection and make the servers more stable and then and only you can move the maintenance at 17-22 CET.Hell make it 9am-9am all I care...won't die 1 day without BNS but this shit laggy thing you use is just pathetic.I'm in under 1k km from servers have amazing connection,already talk with the ISP and they can't do anything...Battleping helps a little with spikes but your servers especially arena are pathetic.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Vittora said:

I'm just saying what it seems if they're not changing anything about it. Unless they release an official public statement about the issue in full detail, then you can't really blame them for not wanting to please their playerbase. Like you said, "Happy players = more players = more money." Of course the company would want that, but if it isn't happening then there is a reason that is more complicated than they can explain. There would be no point in publishing the EU servers if they wanted to neglect them in the first place.

...ermm, what?

1 minute ago, Korene said:

Please don't list irrelevant titles that have a small player base. I know for a FACT that when it's time for FFXIV to do their large maintenance patches to introduce new content or if it's an emergency ALL the servers go down at the SAME time on CANADA TIME.  Feel free to list the MMO's that are thriving !! That are current that have seperate time for Maint. The EU here has their own data center but as I said they go down so the workers in a certain region can patch the game.

So you're saying for example last update which was to 3.2 was not big? Kk go check maintenance times from their website and you can clearly see that they're planned not to hit EU prime time

4 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

its only a few hours calm down.....

I can take a few hours for maintenance, im okay with that, but when the maintenance is already late in the day and it is extended for 4, 6, or more hours, then you can pass a whole day without being able to play. Is that fair? I dont think so.

I wont die if im not being able to play one day, but it still doesnt make it fair.

3 minutes ago, Xanctius said:

...ermm, what?

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are not trying to neglect their EU players... I'm assuming things are complicated if there is no plan for change. Get it?

Just now, Vittora said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are not trying to neglect their EU players... I'm assuming things are complicated if there is no plan for change. Get it?

If they were not trying to neglect EU players they would have offered solution for it but so far nothing but excuses.

Either freaking say that they dont want to spent extra cash to please EU players or stfu with poor excuses

Just now, Hye said:

I can take a few hours for maintenance, im okay with that, but when the maintenance is already late in the day and it is extended for 4, 6, or more hours, then you can pass a whole day without being able to play. Is that fair? I dont think so.

I wont die if im not being able to play one day, but it still doesnt make it fair.

Ofc it isnt fair lifes not fair maint for any server isnt fair but its the only way to get things done no? Complaining is trivial yes it sucks u dont get to play for the day but its 1 day when it is up ull have loads of new stuff to play with and its not like ur missing out on a 1 time event thats never gonna come again

4 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Ofc it isnt fair lifes not fair maint for any server isnt fair but its the only way to get things done no? Complaining is trivial yes it sucks u dont get to play for the day but its 1 day when it is up ull have loads of new stuff to play with and its not like ur missing out on a 1 time event thats never gonna come again

Why are you so hard set on defending them? I mean, if they have a way to solve it, that would not affect your gameplay experience, wouldnt you want the EU players to be happier?

2 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Let me quess NA player? If so yeah sure it easy to say something like that when you guys can play whenever you want to play (outside middle of night when players are sleeping)

One time event? Problem is that its not one time event its every time from the beginning.

And its not only way to do things. Ncsoft has multiple solutions what they could use but they have decided to ignore EU players and not to do anything. Top of that eu is 15% more expensive than NA and Eu has pure shit servers / some features offered throught NA servers

2 minutes ago, Xanctius said:

Why are you so hard set on defending them? I mean, if they have a way to solve it, that would not affect your gameplay experience, wouldnt you want the EU players to be happier?

I dont see how im defending anyone? Im saying its not a big deal which it isnt

2 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Let me quess NA player? If so yeah sure it easy to say something like that when you guys can play whenever you want to play (outside middle of night when players are sleeping)

One time event? Problem is that its not one time event its every time from the beginning.

And its not only way to do things. Ncsoft has multiple solutions what they could use but they have decided to ignore EU players and not to do anything. Top of that eu is 15% more expensive than NA and Eu has pure shit servers / some features offered throught NA servers

Why does it matter what server i play on? What solutions are you talking about? the server instability cause yes I agree that should be fixed because both NA and EU are krap (EU a lot more) Im merely saying maint isnt a big deal which its not and people are going crazy which idk y

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Seriously right? I didn't want to say it but not playing for one day is not going to kill them. 

2 minutes ago, Xanctius said:

Maybe you could try managing their maint teams and think up of a solution. It's easy for upset players to complain about an experience with a game(that is optional to play by the way!), but it's a different situation to be working for the game... you know, a job? Where there's so many other things to pay attention to?

3 minutes ago, Vittora said:

Seriously right? I didn't want to say it but not playing for one day is not going to kill them. 

Maybe you could try managing their maint teams and think up of a solution. It's easy for upset players to complain about an experience with a game(that is optional to play by the way!), but it's a different situation to be working for the game... you know, a job? Where there's so many other things to pay attention to?

Ohhh snap, you called me unemployed! Ouch, that burns so h...oh wait, no it doesnt :P

Just now, Vittora said:

Let me quess another NA player? Well i gladly switch so NA players would have to loose their prime time for maintenance.

I've offered more than enough solution for them in every maintenance topic thats been there so far only thing what i've heard is lame excuses.

For you ill list them again

Rotate maintenance times so that each time it would hit other regions prime time like they do with live streams

Give EU completely own maintenance times.

Start maintenance 2-3 hours earlier.

5 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

"Life isnt fair" is a premade answer that doesnt add nothing to the discussion.  

To be honest, im not even complaining per say, at least not as some people are. I understand the problems they may encounter to make the maintenance more accessible to EU players, and I dont care If I dont get to play 1 day, but still, everyone needs to agree it is a bad situation for EU players and still they have the right to express their disagree.

1 hour ago, Ninfu said:

And yet another maintenance that will hit EU prime time. Seriously when do you guys get these things sorted out?

Worst argument ever about this was "then other region would get it first" How would that be any diffrent from now? Eu players playtime is cut half or more because of these ridiculous maintenance times.

Even if you guys dont want to have seperate maintenance times then atleast give us fair treatment and rotate maintenance times like you do with live streams.

This been ongoing issue which is yet resolved and also you guys promised us the solution which clearly not happening any time soon.

How long till Ncsoft realises that EU deserves fair treatment?

So anyone who does not know maintenance starts 4 PST which is 12UTC.

So far we dont know how long downtime it will be but judging previous one i would not suprised it to be +4h +1-3hours for screw ups

This again? EU Prime time? 12 pm - 4 pm UTC is NOT prime time.. It has NEVER been primetime! Also, 4 hours of doing something else, ANYTHING ain't the end of the world. Put a sock in it already and deal with it, sheesh.

The only way to please pretty much everyone is to handle it like GW2 does. No maintenances at all and you got 1 hour or so to restart your client and patch everything until you get force kicked out. Enough time to finish almost everything you may have started at that point. Dunno if they still do it that way but probably.

4 minutes ago, Shinis said:

The only way to please pretty much everyone is to handle it like GW2 does. No maintenances at all and you got 1 hour or so to restart your client and patch everything until you get force kicked out. Enough time to finish almost everything you may have started at that point. Dunno if they still do it that way but probably.

I'm pretty sure live maintenance for this game isn't possible. Otherwise it would have been that way already.

Like a few people have stated'  maintenance time is set on the time that the people doing that maintenance can do it.  They have set hours and if any of you have been in the situation where you have to be on site 2, 3 or 5 hours before your normal work times, it sucks both physically and mentally.  Now unfortunately, the people doing that maintenance seem to be in the NA time zone.

I realize that EU get shafted but unfortunately that is how things work out for maintenance.  EU needs to do one of a few things,  they can put up with the timing, they can change their game timing (play NA time) or they can just write off that day and do something else.  Now, I know its hard on you and you feel wronged but unfortunately, you'll have to live with it until NCSoft makes their data center base in EU.

5 minutes ago, Agonistes said:

Like a few people have stated'  maintenance time is set on the time that the people doing that maintenance can do it.  They have set hours and if any of you have been in the situation where you have to be on site 2, 3 or 5 hours before your normal work times, it sucks both physically and mentally.  Now unfortunately, the people doing that maintenance seem to be in the NA time zone.

I realize that EU get shafted but unfortunately that is how things work out for maintenance.  EU needs to do one of a few things,  they can put up with the timing, they can change their game timing (play NA time) or they can just write off that day and do something else.  Now, I know its hard on you and you feel wronged but unfortunately, you'll have to live with it until NCSoft makes their data center base in EU.

See, According to NCSoft, the EU servers ARE placed in EU. So, why dont we have to take the EU crew into consideration?

guys..

i am in EU CET (GMT+1) and i already learnt to deal wth if ages ago.

i would like to start a game.

we bid on which hour (CET-GMT+1) game will go on again after starting maintenace and who win take the prize. EU only.

10s bid 

30minutes gap

feel free to join.

send me mail.

if you feel i scam, dont join the bid. im too old to scam pixels.

Archived