Maintenance

Ninfu

And yet another maintenance that will hit EU prime time. Seriously when do you guys get these things sorted out?

Worst argument ever about this was "then other region would get it first" How would that be any diffrent from now? Eu players playtime is cut half or more because of these ridiculous maintenance times.

Even if you guys dont want to have seperate maintenance times then atleast give us fair treatment and rotate maintenance times like you do with live streams.

This been ongoing issue which is yet resolved and also you guys promised us the solution which clearly not happening any time soon.

How long till Ncsoft realises that EU deserves fair treatment?

So anyone who does not know maintenance starts 4 PST which is 12UTC.

So far we dont know how long downtime it will be but judging previous one i would not suprised it to be +4h +1-3hours for screw ups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, and I find their excuse to be...kinda bullcrap, but I still hope they are working to get better.

I asked about it on twitter and their reply was:

As has been mentioned before, it's when our personnel are avail for the tasks. Feel free to discuss maint times on the forums

I mean unless you're willing to pay them to work extra hours for your more convenient maint times, feel free. Even then, it doesn't mean employees are willing to work overtime. They're not machines they can't just change every single person's work schedule every time. People have lives too. For them it's work, for you it's leisure. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't work extra for other's leisure...

I saw they said " As has been mentioned before, it's when our personnel are avail for the tasks. Feel free to discuss maint times on the forums "

So... they're available at 4am in the morning but not two hours (at least) before? 

What is so hard to grasp... that the maintenance hours are scheduled to fit that REGION where the people WORK time frame. I don't care what game you look at very few games do separate maintenance for each region they just don't! No one is going to flip their schedule for YOU that's what we call rude! In each game some country is gonna get the short end of the stick! Prime examples:

-Black Desert maintenance and releases go by UTC european time... WHY??? The main branch for the game is stationed outside NA so NA has to go by their time because those are their work hours!

-FFXIV... you freaking guessed it, it goes by Canadian time!!! Not NA time... WHY????? I wonder, maybe because the people who do the maint/etc i don't know... ARE IN CANADA. 

-MIND BLOWN OMG-

Do i need to list more !!! Good grief you people are just dense.

2 minutes ago, Korene said:

What is so hard to grasp... that the maintenance hours are scheduled to fit that REGION where the people WORK time frame. I don't care what game you look at very few games do separate maintenance for each region they just don't! No one is going to flip their schedule for YOU that's what we call rude! In each game some country is gonna get the short end of the stick! Prime examples:

-Black Desert maintenance and releases go by UTC european time... WHY??? The main branch for the game is stationed outside NA so NA has to go by their time because those are their work hours!

-FFXIV... you freaking guessed it, it goes by Canadian time!!! Not NA time... WHY????? I wonder, maybe because the people who do the maint/etc i don't know... ARE IN CANADA. 

-MIND BLOWN OMG-

I dont mind they do one single big maintainance, I can understand it might not be possible to seperate them. I just wish they would place it 2-3 hours earlier, so it didnt go into the evening in EU time every wednesday.

6 minutes ago, Hye said:

So... they're available at 4am in the morning but not two hours (at least) before? 

So you're saying those people who got hired for the job, were given fixed work hours and schedules, should completely change their daily life for your convenience? This kind of thing is in the hand of the employees who actually do the work. Unless they were hired without knowing the hours they would work, then there would be no problem changing their hours. Assume they were hired for fixed hours, it's hard to change because they might be letting some people out of the job if they cannot fit their life with their work hours.

1 minute ago, Xanctius said:

I dont mind they do one single big maintainance, I can understand it might not be possible to seperate them. I just wish they would place it 2-3 hours earlier, so it didnt go into the evening in EU time every wednesday.

They have too as i said I have never heard of a company just swaying someone's work hours to please people. That's just not fair to the workers its just not the single big maintenance is single to save MONEY and TIME. The maintenance is during your peak hours because where these people live their work hours are during that time. It's just that simple NA doesn't always get the long stick it's how it is, if the main branch of the company is in a certain region that's what you have to deal with. 

As I've seen stated on other MMO titles the devs choose Wednesday because it gives them work days for any issues that can truly ruin their players gameplay(servers crashing, people can't log in, bugs, etc). No one would want a weekend release because no one is really working on the weekend AKA you are screwed till Monday.

2 minutes ago, Vittora said:

So you're saying those people who got hired for the job, were given fixed work hours and schedules, should completely change their daily life for your convenience? This kind of thing is in the hand of the employees who actually do the work. Unless they were hired without knowing the hours they would work, then there would be no problem changing their hours. Assume they were hired for fixed hours, it's hard to change because they might be letting some people out of the job if they cannot fit their life with their work hours.

You dont know how server staff work schedules shift depending on their responsibility...I can definately see that.

Server staff have a work schedule that is designed with a specific timeframe in mind, based upon the optimal time to upload patches.

3 minutes ago, Xanctius said:

You dont know how server staff work schedules shift depending on their responsibility...I can definately see that.

Server staff have a work schedule that is designed with a specific timeframe in mind, based upon the optimal time to upload patches.

But I'm thinking if they stated that their staff can only do the maint at that specific time that means they are busy outside of the maint time frame. That still means it would be hard to change if their staff cannot adhere to the changes.

24 minutes ago, Vittora said:

I mean unless you're willing to pay them to work extra hours for your more convenient maint times, feel free. Even then, it doesn't mean employees are willing to work overtime. They're not machines they can't just change every single person's work schedule every time. People have lives too. For them it's work, for you it's leisure. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't work extra for other's leisure...

Eu is already 15% more expensive than NA.

16 minutes ago, Korene said:

-MIND BLOWN OMG-

Sadly at first FFXIV had no own maintenance times for EU but nowdays they have their own datacenter and maintenance times adjusted to suit EU players.

Do i need to start list games that have their own maintenance times based on regions because that list is huge too?

And theres nothing wrong to ask fair treatment for region. Hitting every maintenance time EU prime time is not good way to handle regions

But I'm thinking if they stated that their staff can only do the maint at that specific time that means they are busy outside of the maint time frame. That still means it would be hard to change if their staff cannot adhere to the changes.

And that...is called bad planning, and if its just bad planning, it should be able to be fixed.

Never heard of that.

Only thing EU players are asking is fair treatment and about 2 months theres been only excuses made "blabla" and nothing done theres very simple solution for everything but so far Ncsoft has decided to disregard EU players

3 minutes ago, Xanctius said:

And that...is called bad planning, and if its just bad planning, it should be able to be fixed.

Bad planning for the EU players. I mean if it's convenient for the publishers and if they're not willing to change it, then it's up to the players to play or not play. If they don't see it as a loss then that's their decision. IMO there's not enough people complaining since it is just a maint that doesn't happen everyday.

5 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Eu is already 15% more expensive than NA.

Sadly at first FFXIV had no own maintenance times for EU but nowdays they have their own datacenter and maintenance times adjusted to suit EU players.

Do i need to start list games that have their own maintenance times based on regions because that list is huge too?

And theres nothing wrong to ask fair treatment for region. Hitting every maintenance time EU prime time is not good way to handle regions

Please don't list irrelevant titles that have a small player base. I know for a FACT that when it's time for FFXIV to do their large maintenance patches to introduce new content or if it's an emergency ALL the servers go down at the SAME time on CANADA TIME.  Feel free to list the MMO's that are thriving !! That are current that have seperate time for Maint. The EU here has their own data center but as I said they go down so the workers in a certain region can patch the game.

Bad planning for the EU players. I mean if it's convenient for the publishers and if they're not willing to change it, then it's up to the players to play or not play. If they don't see it as a loss then that's their decision. IMO there's not enough people complaining since it is just a maint that doesn't happen everyday.

Holy wow...You do know that running a game is like being in the service industry, and making your customers happy is the most important thing, as word of mouth is the biggest way to bring more customers to your business, and therefor, you earn more money.

It is never "If its convenient for the publishers, then its too bad for the players", thats a shit attitude, and if thats the case, they should find another type of company to be in. Happy players = more players = more money.

4 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

its only a few hours calm down.....

Every week, and with extended downtimes, it can actually make 1 day every week almost unplayable.

4 minutes ago, Shar said:

another week, another whiny thread about manteinance time

This is getting old

Maybe a hint of the importance of this, is that you see new posts every week?

1 hour ago, Korene said:

-MIND BLOWN OMG-

Uhm. What? You...do realize that timezones don't change when going North/South, only East/West...right? Because the US and Canada share the same timezones, one being directly above the other. Also, Canada is part of NA, NA being the name of the continent, not a country.

Just now, Xanctius said:

Holy wow...You do know that running a game is like being in the service industry, and making your customers happy is the most important thing, as word of mouth is the biggest way to bring more customers to your business, and therefor, you earn more money.

It is never "If its convenient for the publishers, then its too bad for the players", thats a shit attitude, and if thats the case, they should find another type of company to be in. Happy players = more players = more money.

I'm just saying what it seems if they're not changing anything about it. Unless they release an official public statement about the issue in full detail, then you can't really blame them for not wanting to please their playerbase. Like you said, "Happy players = more players = more money." Of course the company would want that, but if it isn't happening then there is a reason that is more complicated than they can explain. There would be no point in publishing the EU servers if they wanted to neglect them in the first place.

1 minute ago, Xanctius said:

Lets be honest here. A fair amount of people are just little shits and their opinions shouldn't account for much. There's giving an opinion, and then there's being an entitled *cricket*. No matter what time they do maintenance, I guarantee that they'll be people complaining about it.

Archived