Permanent account closure: RMT: Selling

Vyzardo

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too just finished getting my account access back. I was locked out for most of the day also for falsely being flagged as RMT: Selling.

I had sent several emails back and forth with ncsoft employee's and when i delved further into why this ban occurred in the first place, i was told the follow:

("Hi,

Upon checking the account, it appears that your character has been reported multiple times by other players for spamming/flooding the chat or they may have been offended by some of your messages so the system automatically locked the account temporarily.

Hope this clears your concern.

Regards,

NCSOFT Support Team")

Now this i obviously disputed with them as i am not the player that speaks in faction chat at all unless trying to help someone with basic game advice, let alone spamming/flooding. Nor do i go out of my way looking for trouble in chat to cause drama. I certainly for sure did NOT buy any gold or sell any for that matter. I barely have enough for myself to keep upgrading my gear which is currently at awakened siren level weapon, not even true siren yet. I have invested upwards of £100 into the game aswell on various things so to even think about risking my investment on RMT activities would be downright stupid.

This brings me to the only plausible conclusion, that i was targeted by some spiteful being during my faction daily pvp encounters. There is 1 in particular from the clan "Hero World" who i frustrated alot 1 night during my pvp sessions. Those of you from wild springs server will know that this clan is a BOT/cheaters clan that famrs terrors etc every night with a mass army of ranged classes (summoners mostly). All this 1 individual would have to do is get his entire BOT clan to report me for spam and that was all it would have taken. Like many others on the same boat, i now feel i cant pvp properly in fear of having strikes against me, i cant speak in faction incase someone doesnt like my advice i give and i certainly cant start bidding wars in dungeons without looking over my shoulder. Is this what we should expect from NCsoft? To make matters worse, this isnt just a Blade and Soul ban you get hit with, its EVERY NCsoft game linked to that account/email. For me this means potentially losing my Guilds War 2, Wildstar and Aion accounts aswell just because someone took losing in PVP as a personal thing.

Players need to be made aware, not everyone on the ban list is some "malicious gold buying lowlife who deserves it". Some of us players are just those caught in the crossfire of the ones oozing hatred for the rest of humanity.

If that automatic lockout due to reports turns out to be the reason for many or most of the bans in question, they need to rework it. Especially with a naturally provocative and controversial mechanism like Faction PvP/PK, even if optional, such systems are prone to abuse.

An easy solution would be to set the automatic ban to a mere chat ban (for the "big" chats, so not Clan, Whisper and Party) until the system is properly revised. That would hurt goldsellers just as much. To keep them from spamming the party board, they should keep the mechanism that party board entries are removed upon reporting the person for spam (at least I assume that those are kicked and not just made invisible for the one who reports them). Still potential for abuse with that, but smaller.

They should also make that clear in the ticket that spamming was reported, not goldselling.

And hell, NCSoft, just get some sort of ingame support team already. Half of those issues in question appear because we only have contact with support through tickets. Create a chat for support, people there can answer questions and also be requested to come ingame to ban spammers or unban wrongly accused users quickly. So many other games are doing this with voluntary helpers and it works perfectly well most of the time. Certainly better then this bloody mess.

10 hours ago, Smo said:

So... how are we supposed to play a highly competitive PvP based game without making anyone mad?

Rhetorical question, the answer is quite obvious.

Edit: nowhere did I say, or see anyone else say, that one report equaled an instant ban. It is concerning none-the-less that enough reports added up will result in a ban done without investigation, because of the competitive nature of this game and the fact it is PvP based. Not to mention the fact that not everyone has the best morals, especially within the NA community.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a report function... but some measures need to be taken to ensure that legitimate players in mass numbers don't get caught up in it. A bunch of people who have said they were banned, did nothing but arena pvp. They didn't talk in chat, weren't rude to people, they just PvP'd. This is a clear sign that a large amount of players don't have the integrity or morality to be trusted with a feature that can be abused for personal vendettas.

incase anyone missed it :P

earlier in the thread I said I "highly doubted" they were auto banning from the player report feature, because I assumed they knew better.

Sucks being wrong.

Pretty much all bots have premium membership, so this is also definitely happening to people with premium membership.

I'm happy that this hasn't happened to me yet : )

When people get salty, they start actin' a fool ; p

sup guys. I'm back. After not even 24h, my account has been locked - again. The 3rd time now. This is absolutely ridiculous. I won't be investing another cent into this game until someone from NCSoft can confirm that this is fixed and won't happen again. What the *cricket* is this shit even? Like, really? 

Welp went to log in a few hours ago to play a little before the update and my account was locked due to suspicious activity..

Support got back to me and I was banned for using third party software..

Not sure if it was PingZapper or using Razer Synapse to rebind my mouse 4 and 5 to keys on my keyboard.

Telling the support agent that those were the only two programs I use related to BnS did nothing and my account is staying banned :D

Just wanted to vent ._.

Just now, CaptainCreamPuff said:

D: not sure if sarcasm

Most software from Keyboards etc. can be used to make macros and you might aswell send a million pings to the server in like 1 second.

Discussing bans isnt allowed on the forums so meh, bad luck, dont use these again.

2 minutes ago, Zymeth said:

Most software from Keyboards etc. can be used to make macros and you might aswell send a million pings to the server in like 1 second.

Discussing bans isnt allowed on the forums so meh, bad luck, dont use these again.

Razer Synapse comes with the mouse i use, literally did a rebind for opening my Inventory with Mouse 5 and mouse 4 is Esc to close all windows ._.

I understand needing to ban people for abusing things but this gave no edge over anyone else

which wouldnt be needed if they allowed you to add those keybinds in the option menu

same here my alt got banned too due suspecious acitivty using 3rd party program... 

but my  main didn't  had any ban..  im only using same pc with wtfast, google chrome, and vlc player while watching anime... then accused  using 3rd party program what the actual heck?...   2days been pass still no actions or reply

20 minutes ago, CaptainCreamPuff said:

Razer Synapse comes with the mouse i use, literally did a rebind for opening my Inventory with Mouse 5 and mouse 4 is Esc to close all windows ._.

I understand needing to ban people for abusing things but this gave no edge over anyone else

which wouldnt be needed if they allowed you to add those keybinds in the option menu

That was hilarius....

Its like...

Maam why you carry AK47 with you... you know its not allowed.

But officer i use it only to open cans with food for my cats....

Maam you will get a ticket for that...

Why???...i didnt do anything wrong.

13 minutes ago, Magdaelena said:

That was hilarius....

Its like...

Maam why you carry AK47 with you... you know its not allowed.

But officer i use it only to open cans with food for my cats....

Maam you will get a ticket for that...

Why???...i didnt do anything wrong.

He is talking about key binds, not macros....  Seriously people, if I have mouse with 14 extra buttons, this means I can not change any key binds and keep using it as a regular mouse? Really...

6 minutes ago, epr said:

He is talking about key binds, not macros....  Seriously people, if I have mouse with 14 extra buttons, this means I can not change any key binds and keep using it as a regular mouse? Really...

Read it again what you quoted and ask yourself a question...

Do you belive in this???

Then again read OP post and ask yourself same questionagain.

Archived