Permanent account closure: RMT: Selling

Vyzardo

8 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

im sort of mixed in this regards...

i feel honestly all the ban's that happened at best maybe 5% of it was a mistake while the 95% of it was real.  

While its very difficult to tell which of the 5% is real over typed letters, i really dont know how to respond to this thread.  

I know a few who did get ban'd and they were legit players or sort of claimed to be.  

Then i know a guy who claims he never bought or botted gold, yet he's in full pirates gear and our entire guild was like "hmmmmm". 

I am thinking the flag happened because something was done to initate it. 

You just dont get ban'd unless u did something knowingly or unknowingly which flagged the ban. 

An example, would be my friend who hasnt touched his account since day 2 has not gotten a ban.

He just doesnt play this game, because he got majorly turned down by the queue system which we used to have.  

And well his account is still alive. (meaning he has not done anything which would flag the system because he has just hasnt played the game.)

So instead of going "im innocent really" in a thread which is almost impossible to determine who is telling the truth or not, how about...

"This is what i did.. could it be possible this flagged me..."  Type of discussion, because its obvious you guys did SOMETHING... (knowingly illegal or not which flagged you) to get the ban.  So we can learn not to do what u guys did.  

Maybe u just kiddin us or ur practice for April 1. ?  after all u still think 95% of every ppl surround u is a cheater/lier/hacker ? oh damn, I dont wanna live in ur world dude

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

One time being flagged by accident might happen, but many times? seriously something's wrong in your account..

"THIS" is exactly what I'm talking about, so yes, I am hoping NCSOFT team keeps a strong hand and uses the logs if they are going to lift the ban of an account.

If you are innocent, then you shouldn't be mad, you should be understanding, patient and even HAPPY that they are actually being active on removing spammers bots and crap.

But that doesn't even work. I'm not even currently ingame since, you know, my main was banned and I don't see why I should start another character on this account which I made to even be able to comment in the forums, yet I can tell you for certain, without even seeing it, that the chat today is as full of Gold selling spam as it ever was. Because, again, this is not how goldselling works. Goldsellers make trash accounts, and they keep doing that no matter how many are banned. So now support has to spend days unbanning false positives while gold sellers just shrug and make another account. If they want to fight goldselling, they need to create proper chat filters, provide live ingame Support or at least Supporters who can go ingame and start people when requested to. Stop thinking of goldsellers as people, they aren't, they are bots made by people. They don't go on forums to complain about bans.

23 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

So instead of going "im innocent really" in a thread which is almost impossible to determine who is telling the truth or not, how about...

"This is what i did.. could it be possible this flagged me..."  Type of discussion, because its obvious you guys did SOMETHING... (knowingly illegal or not which flagged you) to get the ban.  So we can learn not to do what u guys did.  

You can look at the post I made before, here's the link. I have nothing to hide, and I understand perfectly well that there needs to be some system in place, that this system can create false positives. I do not even doubt that some people did stuff that could be genuinely considered suspicious. Hell, someone admitted whispering a few goldselling characters "jokingly" with "Yeah I'll take 20 Gold xD". Sure, that's understandable because seriously, how dumb can you get.

But I doubt that this is the case for the majority of people here. And the solution to that isn't pretending that everything must be correct and the users faults, it's standing up and admitting that the system might not work properly.

4 minutes ago, Raloz said:

Keep send  them  tickets and don't give up

I don't Know how work the ticket's!!Can you help me some how?Pls...I got  banned with out reason...If I did donate gold my gear will was the top ....I was 45Lvl HM3 with 354 Attack Power Looool

1 minute ago, Impheatus said:

I don't Know how work the ticket's!!Can you help me some how?Pls...I got  banned with out reason...If I did donate gold my gear will was the top ....I was 45Lvl HM3 with 354 Attack Power Looool

Send email to support@bladeandsoul.com with Date birth you put during creation account. Name and address. And ofc email they banned

9 minutes ago, Raloz said:

Send email to support@bladeandsoul.com with Date birth you put during creation account. Name and address. And ofc email they banned

It's the same like NCSOFT support...Anyway,thanks for help ...I can't understand how works the think in that company!

Gold sellers will make more accounts but hopefully they will continue to get banned, eventually they will desist, as they did on the games were they were aggressively chased, and where at the end, found no profit at all. BUT, they don't only make accounts, the worst of them also HACK accounts when desperate after losing many accounts (specially founders) on the ban waves, you can see many people claiming they got hacked, and I believe many were, because my boyfriend was among them, lost his in game items + all his NC coins, support restored his account but said was unable to do ANYTHING about his NCcoins because they used to buy stuff from the market and already sold that on auction house.. I still can't understand how is that by any means a way to justify not being able to restore the loss since, you know, we all have a history in purchases? and you can even see the history of ppl you traded with, mail, whisper, even kill a boss with.

I was skeptic at first about hacks, until I saw it. The "IP verification code"? I discovered they by pass it easily with one of the fixes for the many issues of the game such us disconnected from server etc etc. Your pin number? they by pass it by installing the authentication app, overriding your custom pin, the SAME APP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT YOU!!!

So again, yes, I expect bans to get rid of that kind of crap we have at the moment

ερωρ Thanks GOD!!!!!!!

!

Christian (Blade and Soul)

Mar 1, 12:13

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NCSOFT. We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,

Christian
NCSOFT Support Team

3 hours ago, NC Elusive said:

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. As someone quoted me from Dojo, being flagged for RMT selling usually means that other players have reported you.

More than likely you have spammed a message over and over, annoying enough people that they reported you for spamming OR that you spammed it enough in a short period of time that it triggered our detection system. It's not one report from one player that causes insta-ban, but there is a threshold that is met before the ban takes place. So, lesson number 1: don't spam your message because it IS annoying. This goes for WTB messages, LFP messages, Clan recruitment messages (outside of the automated messages that LFP and Clan Recruitment post), and anything else that falls under spam category.

Yes, this system also has potential for abuse. There is no perfect system that allows for us to achieve our goals and you to achieve yours. Gold spam was a huge complaint, so we enacted measures to stay on top of it. We'll be doing the same for botting. If it becomes a scenario that the system of reporting is resulting in significant player abuse, we'll re-evaluate and weigh the benefits of having fewer people on a temporary ban ("temporary" because as soon as you submit an appeal, it will get lifted) with more gold spam in the channels.

Finally, some people may have reported you for spamming when you wrote some pretty heinous stuff in Faction/Region chat. It's not spam, per se, but since there's no clear way to report players for inappropriate conduct in the game, there is a possibility that enough people didn't like what you said and submitted a spamming report.

TL;DR: Be a respectable human being online (not annoying, not offensive) so that other ppl won't report you so you won't get a ban.

EDIT: TO BE CLEAR since many people have run off with this fun idea, reporting people for spamming does NOT result in a ban being instantly applied. I can see how there could be misinterpretation on my sentence above, but the point is that if enough people complain about spamming, you get put on the ban list not that if you get your whole clan to report someone for spamming then that account gets banned instantly.

Having said that, it is concerning that so many people got picked up like this. Could those who got banned for this reason send me a PM with their CS Support Ticket (even if the ban has been overturned) so we can investigate what happened and try to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for the clarification.
I hope there will be consequences for people that abuse the system (es. a whole guild reporting someone just for trolling them and without any real reason).

and .....

finally Dotimus will be back ....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NCSOFT. We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,

still to much time waiting anyway...

This is so annoying. I had a free day today and was hoping to play all day. Had to borrow my boyfriends account to write here. 

As the rest on this thread i got banned for RMT: Selling. I have never bought or sold anything, just a few jewellery on the broker. I dont have

a premium account, just a normal free-to-play. If i got banned from spam, i dont know how? i only write in the chat sometimes when im in a party in a dungeon. 

The only thing i did yesterday wich i never done before was that i blocked a lot of spammers who was filling up the chat with garbage, can that have anything to do with me

being banned? this is so weird. Ive sent emails with all my account details 7h ago and still no reply. Well im glad i didnt buy a premium pack wich i thought of doing this week,

but now when i see you can get banned for no reason i dont want to pay a shit to this game. -.-''''''''

3 hours ago, NC Elusive said:

Having said that, it is concerning that so many people got picked up like this. Could those who got banned for this reason send me a PM with their CS Support Ticket (even if the ban has been overturned) so we can investigate what happened and try to prevent it from happening again.

in case someone missed it

pm @NC Elusive, not me....

the problem as I see it now, is since so many are cleared myself included. I rarely talk at all ingame chat, and now im to freaking scared to even chat again, since it can cause a ban, by a random player so it seems, if you dont like a person, bam reported to spam filter and then banned next day....

so with the current reporting system, I'm scared of a couple of things.

1. Now I dont dare to spend any more real money in the game, used over 200 euro and had no problem wanting to use more
  2. I dont dare to speak in chat, since that can cause me to lose gameplay

and no, I never wrote any of these, wtb/wtt post.

13 hours ago, Vyzardo said:

sup. 

Starting today, I really have to question the functionality of the 'auto bot ban system' that NCSoft is using. 

As you can see from the title, my account has been locked - again. For RMT: Selling. Which is ridiculous

I didn't even send a mail with gold/items to another in a few weeks. I haven't even sold anything on the marketplace since a few days ago. 

So how can it be that I'm supposedly selling gold? Really? I was just doing my dailies, disconnected from the server, boom - account locked. 

For what reason? This is getting really ridiculous. Am I the only one getting locked? 

I mean, I didn't sell anything on the marketplace, I didn't send any mails, I didn't spam, I didn't insult anyone, I didn't use the clan recruitment thingy (I'm not even in a clan..). 

Did someone just flag me as a spammer/bot and I got locked? Or what is happening? Please fix this shit. 

Sincerely, an angry customer. 

PS: I'm obviously posting from a second account, since my main is, well, locked.. 

Is Ncsoft not doing any actual investigation of accounts that players flag?  This is making me think that some folks on their end maybe getting a little lazy.  I always wondered about this.  I mean if another player was mad at you or just wanted to harass you all they have to do is report you as a bot and if Ncsoft arent' really taking the time to investigate then you have no real recourse.  

Again... i am not saying everyone who got ban'd did something wrong.

I said everyone that ban'd got FLAGGED and then something happened. 

Now, everyone who got FLAGGED may or may not have done something illegal.  

Its almost impossible to tell on the forums, because typed words can not express any type of polygraph.  

So those of u who got wrongly accused, i feel for ya, im curious to know what flagged you, and threw you into that peer group.  

10 minutes ago, apilado said:

i thought i was the only one got banned in the same time and date as the same you guys got banned.. i already sent ticked but they still insisted im using 3rd party program wtf??

sorry, but in case you missed this thread is all just about what the title says: "RMT:selling", not about any other kind of ban,  i do fell sorry in the case you might have been wrongly flagged.

Hi, I also still can't access my main account after I found out this morning it's been banned for the same thing.  Over 8 hours since I emailed support - looks like I'm not playing tonight.

It's absolutely *cricket*ing infuriating that NCSoft chose to just mass-ban people that followed a certain criteria. Being reported (probably by bots), and what other condition? Because I sent 3 gold to a friend when he started his game a few weeks after me? NCSoft is too lazy to actually have in-game mods, so they rely on an algorithm to automatically ban a large number of people. Sure, most will be bots, but you're also banning a large number of PAYING CUSTOMERS. The ban is so severe that I can't even log in to my main account to submit a ticket about it so I have to wait for a response to my e-mail.

Archived