Yelled at FOR tanking!?

Rikazuchi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Eased said:

For most content, you don't need 4/6 players in party. Now what do you do? Run all the dungeons with 2 people or solo it because you don't need 6? 

Having a good tank in party makes a dungeon run very smooth and fast. A FM kiting the boss all the time, making it hard for melees to do high dps and poper rotation, is what you don't need!

you can just stand on top of the boss to dodge most attacks

2 hours ago, Gratus said:

you can just stand on top of the boss to dodge most attacks

Im still not sure why people say things like this. maybe some people haven't noticed the increase in difficulty with the 4-man dungeons? 

I mean BSC/BSH 4man both have a pattern in skill to me. This game I can tell will get a lot harder. So relying on this logic will only lead to many "WHY AREN'T YOU TANKING" in the future.

You don't need insane dps to hold aggro as a BM. The one I run with isn't even close to as geared out as our FM and Summoner, our summoner having the best gear you can currently get yet he has no trouble keeping aggro and never losing it. He literally just upgraded to true siren the other day finally.

As a KFM, I'm just a little jealous that BMs get to hold their block. There are certain bosses that use multiple-hit blockable moves that KFMs are forced to either use an I-frame move or SS out of there. BMs on the other hand just stand there going "business as usual guys! Everyone having fun?!". The difference in blocks is what makes me believe BMs have the upper hand in tanking between KFM and BM unless someone wants to point me to something that the KFM has that BM does not.

55 minutes ago, Aziraya said:

As a KFM, I'm just a little jealous that BMs get to hold their block. There are certain bosses that use multiple-hit blockable moves that KFMs are forced to either use an I-frame move or SS out of there. BMs on the other hand just stand there going "business as usual guys! Everyone having fun?!". The difference in blocks is what makes me believe BMs have the upper hand in tanking between KFM and BM unless someone wants to point me to something that the KFM has that BM does not.

The thing is KFM can take better advantage being tank to dish out more dmg, since block procs some high dmg skills, iframes procs high dmg skills whereas a BM "pauses" dmg while blocking except for a cyclone maybe to regen chi.

On 3/1/2016 at 5:39 AM, OkamiTsuchi said:

One of those types of players. Probably always complains whenever people want to play as a team. Almost always the weakest link when it comes to any other type of game play to.

Actually - I only have about 2-3 hrs a week to play. There's thing I like, its called a roof. It keeps me dry when it rains. There's these things I have to pay to maintain it, called bills. Thus, I have a job. So my chars are still pretty low, and I have to solo most stuff. I "get" the whole "work as a team" concept. But I'm more used to NOT seeing it. Congrats on being able to jump to such an "ASS"-umption, though.

Archived