Rikazuchi

Yelled at FOR tanking!?

Enamour   
2 hours ago, Laoshottie said:

You know what's better? I'm a des and this BM of equal gear complains he has aggro and tells me to tank. Immediately left the group, as well he goes down 5+ times on each boss encounter in 4man BSH and used a revival charm and dies again soon after

My sides.

If only he knew Destroyers have one, really really terrible "taunt" lol...

Enamour   
4 minutes ago, Rikazuchi said:

For any BM's  someone asked how it is that I tank so here's what i do .

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=45010021004320143306322332321122138221053312642230112025414233603210032213211

I Start with 

Multislash > (Boss will hit during ) > cyclone > Q > Five point > dragon tongue > flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue >  flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue  > flicker x2 or x3 > dragon tongue

Rinse and repeat 

use other skills as u plz/need/Dps but thats the main aggro combo .

IMPORTANT Block whenever u need to pop cyclone(and not die also). With this block it does not have to be a timed block just take the hit and pop cyclone then jump into the rest of the combo.

Multislash is also very important as it gets in close/ does damage / makes you invincible/ And any hit during will activate cyclone.

Five point will get you the most threat in 5 hits, But you must land All 5 hits for all your threat (Don't cancel it unless you have to)

Dragontongue is gonna be the "oh shit" button to get aggro back /maintain while other skills are on CD. 

any other questions just ask 

Cheers ;) 

Hmm why Dragontongue? Just curious.

Because it just snatches aggro trust me especially if knocked down or grip (No 1s CD) + No Focus cost.

Edited by Rikazuchi

Takeva   

Just attack the boss~! Who cares who tanks. If someone doesn't want aggro they would stop attacking until it goes on someone else or they die.

W4RD3M0N   

Bless this Thread. I play Destro and i really hate BMs in parties because i've been playing with really brainless ppl who can't understand their role in the team. Constant aerial on mobs/bosses casting random single Dazes that break up the CC...well it's really a bad experience to be in party with BM.

HOWEVER when i get in party with a good BM that knows what he is doing it's a true bless and the full team can focus on dps and boss mechanic, it's all so smooth.

I hope a lot of BMs read this and if you didn't made it, i ask you to go to the BM class forum and explain the combo and set of skills they should use.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Takeva said:

Just attack the boss~! Who cares who tanks. If someone doesn't want aggro they would stop attacking until it goes on someone else or they die.

I don't think you're helping facilitate a healthy teamwork based environment with that comment.

Takeva   
Just now, Rikazuchi said:

I don't think you're helping facilitate a healthy teamwork based environment with that comment.

LOL that's basically what randoms do when you enter a random dungeon. You can't expect teamwork. I've tried and gave up. Everyone will just do what they want. 

2 minutes ago, W4RD3M0N said:

Bless this Thread. I play Destro and i really hate BMs in parties because i've been playing with really brainless ppl who can't understand their role in the team. Constant aerial on mobs/bosses casting random single Dazes that break up the CC...well it's really a bad experience to be in party with BM.

HOWEVER when i get in party with a good BM that knows what he is doing it's a true bless and the full team can focus on dps and boss mechanic, it's all so smooth.

I hope a lot of BMs read this and if you didn't made it, i ask you to go to the BM class forum and explain the combo and set of skills they should use.

Cheers

Right On Man!

I posted my skills not to far above you hope someone either takes notes and apply / or even adjust to make their own loadout better.

2 minutes ago, Takeva said:

LOL that's basically what randoms do when you enter a random dungeon. You can't expect teamwork. I've tried and gave up. Everyone will just do what they want. 

Well im here to spit in the face of that logic.

Edited by Rikazuchi

Takeva   
1 minute ago, Rikazuchi said:

Well im here to spit in the face of that logic.

How? You're going to use some sort of spell? 

Or do something silly and tell me about your experiences?

13 minutes ago, Takeva said:

How? You're going to use some sort of spell? 

Or do something silly and tell me about your experiences?

Yes A maigical spell called "Common sense" 

Grevier   

As far I can understand I don't know, I may be a sucking class in PvP, but in PvE as BM, even if Im the only one alive, as long Im able to dodge things I bring down the boss on my own after a while.

That's something Im proud of with my class.

So i don't know this feeling, the Bosses always go down.

Edited by Grevier

4 minutes ago, Grevier said:

As far I can understand I don't know, I may be a sucking class in PvP, but in PvE as BM, even if Im the only one alive, as long Im able to dodge things I bring down the boss on my own after a while.

That's something Im proud of with my class.

So i don't know this feeling, the Bosses always go down.

would you consider that a smooth run?... because yea we can but it aint the smoothest  run trough :P

TopKEK   
23 minutes ago, Rikazuchi said:

Yes A maigical spell called "Common sense" 

Considering this is a game where there's no "specified" role like in most MMO's, saying it's common sense won't apply to people. 

You can tell them that as much as you want but at the end of the day, there's no specified role for anyone in BnS therefore most people will just Leeroy Jenkins everything and die in their own stupidity (Seen it happen plenty times hence why I don't use threat increase on KFM, and we're supposed to be the main "tanking" class). 

Arohk   

just do max DPS, who cares who tanks, there is no "tank" or "heal" class in this game, everyone can and have to dodge deadly AOE attacks on his own.

Fatface   

Oh my gosh I hate tanking with that cat in a big raid. If a BM is there and they know what they are doing then that is awesome:]

Meiling   

There are tanks, there are skills for tanking and tanking makes things a loooot easier and even though they're tanking, they still can do a good amount of dps. the heal class to an extent is a summoner. They are pretty support like out of everyone.

ryrich   

Have you ever partied with a PvE/Dungeon spec'd KFM? Curious how you're maintaining aggro. With KFM threat skills, I always pull aggro - I can get like 450% additional threat lol. 

5 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

Considering this is a game where there's no "specified" role like in most MMO's, saying it's common sense won't apply to people. 

You can tell them that as much as you want but at the end of the day, there's no specified role for anyone in BnS therefore most people will just Leeroy Jenkins everything and die in their own stupidity (Seen it happen plenty times hence why I don't use threat increase on KFM, and we're supposed to be the main "tanking" class). 

What I mean by 'Common sense" is when someone finally says "I'll tank"  then....let them ?

1 minute ago, ryrich said:

Have you ever partied with a PvE/Dungeon spec'd KFM? Curious how you're maintaining aggro. With KFM threat skills, I always pull aggro - I can get like 450% additional threat lol. 

yea if i get my combo out first im good the rest of the fight . My exact loadout is in the thread.

Meiling   

You can spec as a KFM to not pull aggro at all. Hell, if you don't want to tank then you shouldn't be putting points in for taunting as a KFM. If you do want to, that's a different story.

Edited by Meiling

TopKEK   
Just now, Rikazuchi said:

What I mean by 'Common sense" is when someone finally says "I'll tank"  then....let them ?

Like I said, it won't happen.

People will just think it's a huge zerg fest because this is literally the one game where people aren't specified a role. In every MMO if someone says they can tank, people will understand because they are specified roles, in this game they won't understand it because people think there's no such things as "tanks" in this game. 

Shashank   

Am i the only one who thinks the build OP posted is low dmg compared to regular PvE build which dominates any dmg others do with threat buff...

Example this build >here< 

This is the build i use, i always have agro even with my low ap.

Edited by Shashank

Just now, TopKEK said:

Like I said, it won't happen.

People will just think it's a huge zerg fest because this is literally the one game where people aren't specified a role. In every MMO if someone says they can tank, people will understand because they are specified roles, in this game they won't understand it because people think there's no such things as "tanks" in this game. 

I do understand what you're saying . 

I'm not exactly here to end world hunger I just hope that if i group with ANY of you who read this thread that maybe some will understand just a bit more. :) 

ryrich   
3 minutes ago, Rikazuchi said:

yea if i get my combo out first im good the rest of the fight . My exact loadout is in the thread.

Interesting - I didn't know other classes have that many threat-building skills, I thought that was more of a KFM thing since they're melee and rely on blocks/counters, they need to be attacked xD

3 minutes ago, Meiling said:

You can spec as a KFM to not pull aggro at all. Hell, if you don't want ot tank then you shouldn't be putting points in for taunting as a KFM. If you do want to, that's a different story.

Yeah, I would hope people understand that lol. I switch back and forth, depending on if I want to draw aggro or not. Sometimes I'm lazy and just circle around with higher-damage skills instead of drawing aggro lol.